I have to be doing something wrong...

I want to say thanks to all of those that contribute to this forum. The information I find here is helping me to become a better World of Warcraft player and a better.

Now my problem/question. I am having a hard time reaching the DPS numbers I think I "should" be reaching. I have read all the guides and stickies. I have googled and searched forums, youtube, and websites. I know i am doing something wrong. I am sure it is very difficult to just tell me something and expect my DPS to go up but I am desperate to do better. My guess is that I am not using TeB stacks properly, I have not been tracking my trinkets (I will do this), I don't think i have always been using serenity at the right time. Is there any advice that you can give that could help me do better than what I am doing. I am sorry for being vague if I am being and I am sorry if its too big of a question or a blanket question. Thank you for any help you are able to give.

My gear. I know it's not great but I am pretty sure I am not doing as much DPS as I can with it.
    us.battle DOT NET /wow/en/character/vashj/Jaxximus/simple

Some logs. I am sorry if Askmrrobot is a terrible logging site. I had the addon and it was easy to use. please direct me in another direction if it will help.
    askmrrobot DOT COM /wow/combatlog/46f6dd7c-331b-4657-9c1a-6655d2b7285f/overview

Sorry that I am not able to post links yet

Deleted
    So i am no expert but i'll try to give some advice
    It seems like you aren't using chi wave very much, in no way should it take prio over stuff like RsK and you should not cast it if you risk capping on energy but i know for a fact that you can use it more than 3 times a fight without wasting any enery.
    Also i think that if you are doing it right FoF should be the number one damage mabye try to prioritice using it just as it comes of cd stacked with TeB?
    I dont know if you allready do this but using TeB with a lot of burst is very important, dont just blow it once you reach 10 stack wait for a FoF to be ready or serenity, maby even both.
    ChiEx builds are also better on a cleave fight (Twin ogron, bracken, tectus) but i would focus on atleast doing good with serenity build first.

Edit: and you seem to have a lot of mastery which is our worst stat by far, like 50% value of the others, i know the gear in highmaul is kinda bad for us but try to avoid it as best you can.
    Last edited by mmoc7685c67f5f; 2014-12-11 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    First of all: You gear is not bad^^ You just need to get rid of that second trinket. If you have the money, replace it with the DMF trinket (yes, it's 15 ilvls lower).
    What I also saw on your armory was that you combined Ascension with Serenity. Don't do that^^ You're capping more than enough Energy with Serenity, no need to make this even worse. Pick Chi Brew instead for Serenity fights.

For one of the Twin fights: You need to use FoF WAY more often. Your damage sources in descending contribution were melee, RSK, ChiEx, FoF. This needs to be more like FoF, melee, ChiEx, RSK (Which was the order my own damage contributions were in last night).
    Also, you had less then 90% uptime on your clone, which also can't happen on that fight. Put it on Phemos right in the beginning, and it should never despawn.
    You also only used Chi Wave four times and Touch of Karma once, which is too low. And you only used Energizing Brew once, which is, apart from Xuen, your most important cooldown for that fight.
    For some reason you used Spinning Crane Kick eight times, which is void of any sense^^

For single target I looked at your Butcher Kill (Way easier to evaluate). No Touch of Karma, again (preferably right before the last cleave for you group hits. Alternate that with Dampen Harm, so you have a small CD for every cleave, but ToK has the bigger priority, since it's a full absorb of 50% of you HP and redirects the damage.
    And again, you are not using Chi Wave and Energizing Brew often enough (usually, Energizing Brew is a 'filler' CD when you can make sure that you can spend the energy it generates, but on Butcher, where you barely have to move, this should be possible way more often.)
    What I also don't get: Why did you use Tiger's Lust on that fight? When he knocks you back, you can just use Transcendence, or at least Flying Serpent Kick to get back to the boss. Even Rolling would be more efficient^^
    Last edited by mmoc3c0f4538da; 2014-12-11 at 10:27 AM.

Deleted
    Could also swap out one of ur weapon-enchants for a Shattered Hand one as it makes up for quite a bit of ur dps.

Use Chi Brew with Serenity instead of Ascension.

Start the fight with a TeB->FoF->Jab->Serenity. Just pop TeB after your first RSK and both charges of Chi Brew regardless of stacks, it will probably be around 8 anyways. You can try to get a BoK off if you're close to 10 stacks but ultimately it may hurt your downtime of your trinket during your high DPS CDs since it's only a 10 second proc.

When Serenity is coming back off CD, you want to do the same, get a TeB->FoF-> Jab -> Serenity. You can game your Chi Brew here when your Scales of Doom procs to get quick TeB stacks and pop it.

The whole spec revolves around what you do when you have TeB up, and using TeB in unison with other CDs available to you. The rest is just a simple priority system.

thank you all very much for you answers. I will be taking them all into account and trying my best to improve my gameplay. If anyone else has anything to add by all means please post away. Thank you all very much. Happy Holidays

lots of good suggestions here struggling myself

Still trying to put as many suggestions into practice as I can. Really thankful for the advice. If anyone has anything to add please do. I am trying to use all the advice. I hope to have better results to report back next week.