Deleted

HDD loading documents slowly?

This isn't a massive problem, but I'd appreciate any information you might have. Basically I remember taking out both my HDD out of the Sata 3 port when I was trying to fix another problem. I put it back in and ever since then I've noticed document thumbnails and information like metadata etc loading one after another and not instantaneously as it used to. (That green bar will pop up and start loading) I thought I might just have to give it some time to load all that stuff into some sort of cache, but it's been like this for 3 days.

This isn't too big of a deal as I use an SSD, but I would like to fix it if possible.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2014-12-11 at 02:01 AM.

download crystaldiskinfo check to see if your hard drive is going bad.

other then that i don't really understand what your trying to say.... load when you boot up? get a swirling icon shwoing the computer is idling trying to wait for something to get done? green bar?

you can go into your hard drive disk manager and do a hard drive error check
    you can get into your device manager and right click the entire system on top of the tree and scan for hardware changes
    Ccleaner download/install/scan and clean junk files and registry
    defrag your system....i like auslogics but windows has a default defrag
    scan for viruses
    malware bytes scan
    can goto your motherboard manufacture site/or your system manufacture site; get the latest drivers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitszo View Post
    download crystaldiskinfo check to see if your hard drive is going bad.

other then that i don't really understand what your trying to say.... load when you boot up? get a swirling icon shwoing the computer is idling trying to wait for something to get done? green bar?

you can go into your hard drive disk manager and do a hard drive error check
    you can get into your device manager and right click the entire system on top of the tree and scan for hardware changes
    Ccleaner download/install/scan and clean junk files and registry
    defrag your system....i like auslogics but windows has a default defrag
    scan for viruses
    malware bytes scan
    can goto your motherboard manufacture site/or your system manufacture site; get the latest drivers.
    Document thumbnails load slowly. E.g if I click on a folder, the thumbnails (and sometimes the data for those files, size, etc) load slowly, one after another. A green bar will appear at the top of the explorer window to show that it's loading all the items. Previously this happened instantly.

well you can re look at the sata ports you used.

the hard drive you have your OS installed on....i'm guessing is the ssd for obvious reasons check to see your in the first sata port it will either be 0 or 1. then the mechanical hard drives can be in either ports; just want to make sure they are configured in BIOs for the spots your using.

assuming you took the cables off the motherboard too you might of not plugged them in the way you took them off.?

definately check your hard drives.... you can press to hard on the hard drives and damage the disc surface... i accidently destroyed someones laptop drive by grabbing it wrong while it was spinning...oops..

- - - Updated - - -

maby you swapped the mechanical drives around and your shortcuts are confused?