10+ Year Old Account

Immaculate Living Mushroom

Hi

so i dont raid currently (normal/heroics and lfr at most) and got this trinket yesterday. how good is it compared to ilvl 630/636 blues from the dungeons? it has less Spirit (97) but a 10 sek 1697 crit proc which is nice.

the blue trinkets i have available are the one with 159 Spirit + multistrike and a heroic warforged one with 168 mastery and intellect

I'm personally not a fan of proc trinkets for healers as you have no control over it. What often ends up happening is that you get it at a time you don't really need it, making the extra stats. I'd much rather have the much reliable raw stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    well, same goes for the winged hourglass then. while People told me its VERY good because it procs a lot of Spirit, i find it annoying that it procs right after logging in xD

so you're saying its not worth it compared to other trinkets? no idea how good/bad it is vs static mastery/multistrike

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    well, same goes for the winged hourglass then. while People told me its VERY good because it procs a lot of Spirit, i find it annoying that it procs right after logging in xD

so you're saying its not worth it compared to other trinkets? no idea how good/bad it is vs static mastery/multistrike
    A spirit proc is a bit different since it's always going to be good for you as long as you're not already at full mana, but in all other cases I would prefer raw stats or clickable trinkets as a healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    since it seems to proc as soon as i cast something, i think the first proc of winged hourglass is pretty much wasted, but after that its really good, yes

are there better trinkets from heroic dungeons than the ones i have? only got these two so far

Ruhkran's Quill from the third boss in Skyreach is really good. Spirit + haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    if its good i hope it'll drop someday^^

you come back tired from long day at work, the only thing you want is to play some wow.

you log into wow and the first thing you see is a trinket trying to lift your spirit, i dont understand what the problem is .
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    you come back tired from long day at work, the only thing you want is to play some wow.

you log into wow and the first thing you see is a trinket trying to lift your spirit, i dont understand what the problem is .
    Ohhh my god this is the best post I have read ever

To the trinket question:

I have 1 spirit trinket with flat stats and the caster trinket from Grimmrail endboss with gem and warforged. I do not think that most proc trinkets are worth it in this expansion (at least not yet). The spirit procs are nice but as a shaman I do not think you really need them. I got around 1.2k spirit now and with Element blast and the weapon enchant I feel like I got more than enough spirit to heal through all fights in Normal HM (maybe imperator is a little tight and relies a lot on dps and tanks not taking avoidable dmg) and at least 4/7 in HC (haven't done the other 3). I would suggest not wearing a caster trinket with random crit procs as a shaman healer. I am not sure what kind of flat stat this trinket has though so it might be worth considering if it has a high amount of flat int on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pur1tas View Post
    Ohhh my god this is the best post I have read ever

To the trinket question:

I have 1 spirit trinket with flat stats and the caster trinket from Grimmrail endboss with gem and warforged. I do not think that most proc trinkets are worth it in this expansion (at least not yet). The spirit procs are nice but as a shaman I do not think you really need them. I got around 1.2k spirit now and with Element blast and the weapon enchant I feel like I got more than enough spirit to heal through all fights in Normal HM (maybe imperator is a little tight and relies a lot on dps and tanks not taking avoidable dmg) and at least 4/7 in HC (haven't done the other 3). I would suggest not wearing a caster trinket with random crit procs as a shaman healer. I am not sure what kind of flat stat this trinket has though so it might be worth considering if it has a high amount of flat int on it.
    imperator (heroic +) is the true test of longevity it requires stay full for most of the fight with decent damage going out. also the proc at the beginning of the fight isn't that terrible. That just means it's instantly on its icd and you can expect it to proc again in 115 secs or so.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    imperator (heroic +) is the true test of longevity it requires stay full for most of the fight with decent damage going out. also the proc at the beginning of the fight isn't that terrible. That just means it's instantly on its icd and you can expect it to proc again in 115 secs or so.
    I understand how imperator hc will be a mana test but with good mana management and as a shaman I get over 2.5k spirit for weapon procs with elemental blast reggin a shit ton of mana during that time. Especially as during the fight there are stages where no healing is required at all (except on the tanks). Imperator is a lot about mana and CDs I agree but I do not think that it requires full spirit in all slots.

Deleted
    I have done quite a few tries on Imperator hc as resto now and I learned that for myself, elemental blast is not the way to go. If your raid is performing well, there shouldn't be too much dmg coming in so you can passive heal with healing rains and riptide on cd (no glyph) and a few healing waves here and there. This wont drain your mana, you will go into p4 with about 50 to 60% mana. That is where shit gets real and you have to spam. We stay spread all the time which makes healing less mana efficient. And you won't have time for elemental blast there, at least I didn't feel comfortable with it.
    Last edited by mmoca1bc9cb6f0; 2014-12-12 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    I have done quite a few tries on Imperator hc as resto now and I learned that for myself, elemental blast is not the way to go. If your raid is performing well, there shouldn't be too much dmg coming in so you can passive heal with healing rains and riptide on cd (no glyph) and a few healing waves here and there. This wont drain your mana, you will go into p4 with about 50 to 60% mana. That is where shit gets real and you have to spam. We stay spread all the time which makes healing less mana efficient. And you won't have time for elemental blast there, at least I didn't feel comfortable with it.
    I think on a lot of fights you can pull of without elemental blast, especially imperator probably as you have a lot of time to potentially take a 10 sec mana pot at the start of an intermission, but I just felt a lot safer with Elemental blast during P1 and 2, being able to get some more heals out if needed while still not ooming. (went into first transmission with 90% mana and into second one with about 80%) This is all for normal so I guess I'd have to remove an extra 10-20% mana used in P3.

Deleted
    Normal is much much easier than hc.
    Sometimes I also went into the 2nd Transmission with about 60% mana, but the Transmission eat up quite a lot of mana with no time to elemental blast.
    Gear makes everything so much easier tho.. at our first hc tries I had like ~640 ilvl. Now with over 650 ppl get topped so much quicker, and phases are cycling faster (less aoe damaging adds), wich in return makes it exponentially easier the more gear you have.
    Last edited by mmoca1bc9cb6f0; 2014-12-12 at 12:30 PM.

since it seems to proc as soon as i cast something, i think the first proc of winged hourglass is pretty much wasted, but after that its really good, yes
    Since it procs off everything, you can easily trigger it on purpose 30-60 seconds before you pull. Just cast Water Shield or whatever until you see it. That way you'll have time to spend some mana before it procs again, but will still have it proc near the start of the fight. No need to do that every time, but if you're up against a particular boss you know will drain all your mana, it lets you last that tiny bit longer.

As a general rule, you want throughput effects to be on use and spirit effects to be random procs (less clicking, often a little bit more stats). Immaculate Living Mushroom is very unimpressive for its item level. Winged Hourglass is about as well-itemized as a healing trinket can be.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.