December 10th hotfix changes...

Shooting Stars should no longer fail to trigger if the most recent target of Moonfire or Sunfire dies.
    Is this what I think it is? Will shooting stars no longer just use the last cast moonfire/sunfire but actually the last active?!?!? Are we finally "bug" free and working as the devs intended us to?

if the most recent target of Moonfire or Sunfire dies. read that part

Deleted
    If i understand this correctly it bodes very well for BoP on fights with a main boss and period adds throughout.

Yes, tested it. Pulled two mobs. Applied sunfire to the main target - spread it to the 2nd target. Killed main target and the spreaded sunfire dot procced SS.
    So even the spreaded sunfire dots count as active ones.

Same with moonfire.

Nice qol change i waited for.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaleta View Post
    I dont get it
    Before the fix:

1st Add -> Apply dots
    2nd Add -> Apply dots

2nd Add dies -> Because the dots still rolling on 1st Add are the "old" ones, the game wouldn't recognize them as "active" so Shooting Stars wouldn't proc.

This was a real problem with the extensions from Balance of Power.

After the fix:

Any remaining dots can count as active ones, still only one of each, but they no longer have "timestamps" so to say.

Deleted
    Stupid question maybe for seasoned moonkins; I need clarification on the exact wording of the mechanic that refills the star surge charges.
    Does the 'or' in moonfire or sunfire mean that the last active single dot you applied trigger your star surge charge, or does it mean your last sunfire and your last moonfire can trigger the extra charge? (The latter being the mathematical definition of 'or', at least in my native language.)

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Stupid question maybe for seasoned moonkins; I need clarification on the exact wording of the mechanic that refills the star surge charges.
    Does the 'or' in moonfire or sunfire mean that the last active single dot you applied trigger your star surge charge, or does it mean your last sunfire and your last moonfire can trigger the extra charge? (The latter being the mathematical definition of 'or', at least in my native language.)
    It's in the sense of "and".

The latest pair of dots or the last remaining pair of dots (in case your target with the latest dies). Even more clear: One Moonfire and one Sunfire each time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    It's in the sense of "and".

The latest pair of dots or the last remaining pair of dots (in case your target with the latest dies). Even more clear: One Moonfire and one Sunfire each time.
    Awesome, thanks

It's in the logical sense of "or", not "and" or "either ... or". Sunfire and Moonfire are resolved seperately and have no effect one one another.

So your last Moonfire OR Sunfire OR Moonfire AND Sunfire can trigger it.