Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Balance DPS very low what am i doing wrong

Dear Boomkin friends,

To begin with i am experiencing strong issues with doing over 15-16k dps in Highmaul normal.

Wrathkeeper on Sylvanas -EU.

I would post the armory but i can't seem to post links cos the system says i am new and i need to post few times. etc.

I am doing the rotation provided from here Icy-Veins.

Sometimes i miscast some spell not in the appropriate eclipse, but it does not happen very often - 3-4 times in a fight max.

I pull with prepot>SF>SS>SF>SF>MF>SF than i begin to cast Wrath so it lands in Solar Eclipse than SS>W>W>SunFire>W than begin to cast SF so it lands in Lunar Eclipse and so on. When the guild pops heroism i hit the Trinket and CA. I am trying to cast MF and SF only in the appropriate eclipse peaks

In the start of the fight a do around 25-28k but then i cant do more than 15-16k.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wrathkeeper

Since you're going for Euphoria, your gems and enchants seem to be off. At this point, I went for all out crit on gems and enchants and I'm pulling 19-20k (35k+ in burst) at about half of your gear.

If I'm not doing this thing wrong, for Euphoria spec Int > Crit > Haste >= Multi >= Mastery theorycrafts better, while Int > Mastery = Crit > Haste > Multi works better when you're specced into Stellar Flare.

Interesting. Never thought about switching Mastery>Crit>Haste to Crit>Haste>Mastery. I have been stacking mastery or at least try to do it in every possible gear.

More ideas any one?

Deleted
    Maybe you Should five abit more detail, when are you poppin cooldowns? Are you timing trinket procs with celestial ?

Uptime on dots?
    Last but not least, learn the fight! That way you can predict future movement and plan ahead!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nr View Post
    Since you're going for Euphoria, your gems and enchants seem to be off. At this point, I went for all out crit on gems and enchants and I'm pulling 19-20k (35k+ in burst) at about half of your gear.

If I'm not doing this thing wrong, for Euphoria spec Int > Crit > Haste >= Multi >= Mastery theorycrafts better, while Int > Mastery = Crit > Haste > Multi works better when you're specced into Stellar Flare.
    Haste is only better for butcher fight, on rest of the fights you use starfall which makes stacking haste not worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be that guy: Ignore what Nr had to say.

For Eurphoria Mastery is by far the best stat, then crit/haste are pretty close (towards the end of the tier crit will be better, butright now haste is desirable due to 3day starfire casts). The rest are so weak in comparison they don't really matter.

Id also tell everyone reading to avoid icyveins like the plague. If you want 'guides' try the stickies in the druid forum, if you want detailed and specific help try the 'fix my dps' threads or just outright ask questions here on mmo, we have a great balance community.

As for the opener I use;

-2 prepot + inc
    -1 ss
    0 Ca + moonfire
    ST ST
    SS
    ST ST
    SS
    CA (Note depending on if you use lust, and current haste levels you may need to refresh ca earlier, its crucial you refresh the sunfire)
    standard rotation begins, refreshing moonfire at lunar peak every second cycle, and sunfire at solar peak every cycle.

Euphoria feels like a more hectic rotation but honestly it's alot more less forgiving if you manage your dots poorly. That being said, good uptime and starfall usage is the key to good dps.
    Last edited by xtramuscle; 2014-12-11 at 11:43 AM.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

To xtramuscle:

Should i cast SS as soon as i enter either lunar or solar eclipse or cast it at 80>100 respectively.

Also when does starfall fill in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally you want to cast SS on the way to eclipse (timing depends on euphoria vs bop etc) with enough time so when your starfire/wrath lands you're just then entering peak, giving you time to get all 2/3 off at max eclipse.

That being said if you're using euphoria, you're leaving eclipse (almost at middle) have only 1 target up and 3 charges you should ss leaving solar, and again entering lunar as the solar ones will still be up for the return into solar eclipse.

Starfall whenever there is 2+ targets up providing they'll stay alive long enough to benefit from the starfall. The mob targets alive, the less time they need to be alive for starfall to still be effective.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

xtramuscle, what do you use as you last tier talent? If you use BoP, do you ever have to refresh your dots if you put the dots on at the beginning of the fight with trinkets and such popped? Just curious, what's your best suggestion for the last tier talent?

I need help with the deeps, can someone look over my logs. I understand on the butcher fight moonfire didnt cast at pull, not sure why, i have a macro for it and it has never failed before. I am sitting at like 38% mastery, 14% crit, and 4 1/2% haste.. raid has all buffs.

warcraftlogs.com/reports/qnb7Dyk69P4KFzYW#fight=7&type=damage-done&source=7[/url]

Thanks for the input Vexxe, I'll be speccing into mastery to compare the output at today's raid. Once I get some logs, I will be able to decide better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaz View Post
    xtramuscle, what do you use as you last tier talent? If you use BoP, do you ever have to refresh your dots if you put the dots on at the beginning of the fight with trinkets and such popped? Just curious, what's your best suggestion for the last tier talent?
    I've bolded this as it applies to 'gaming dot snap-shotting'. Which was removed in WOD. If you have dots up, and a trinket procs, those dots begin to tick harder. When the trinket falls off, they tick weaker. There is no point refreshing dots with trinkets as they update without being refreshed, and refreshing wont 'snap shot' the stats so it is a waste of time.

As for the final talent tier, Stellar flare sounds nice but in practice got nerfed too hard on the beta to really be worth using. So your choices are Euphoria or balance of power. Euphoria being the go to talent, but BOP has a place on fights where the majority of your damage is made up of dots, and where all your /shooting stars procs are spent on starfall.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

First testing on all-out mastery build seem to confirm what xtramuscle said: I push about 10% more with mastery of everything (bar weapon, need to change my Mark and it's costly).

Quote Originally Posted by Nr View Post
    First testing on all-out mastery build seem to confirm what xtramuscle said: I push about 10% more with mastery of everything (bar weapon, need to change my Mark and it's costly).
    So it would be something like Euphoria for Kargath, Butcher and Koragh, and BoP on Tectus, Bracken and Twin Ogron? What about Imperator you figure? Its pretty 50/50 on starfall SS in my experience, depending on the phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone64 View Post
    So it would be something like Euphoria for Kargath, Butcher and Koragh, and BoP on Tectus, Bracken and Twin Ogron? What about Imperator you figure? Its pretty 50/50 on starfall SS in my experience, depending on the phase.
    Yeah I'd agree with that. Imp depends on how you handle the adds I guess
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

i have a question for you guys !!! it is my first range dps in all my mmorpg , we are two boomkin in our raid and we have the same ilvl but the other one do alot more dps than me i talk with him and everything is the same in our rotation exept he keep all SS for the eclipse mode and he dont use any SS for the solar ... it is normal ?

when the fight start he go at 33k dps ( euphoria ) and i go at 27k ... when i start a fight did i have to wait the 100 eclipse before use my CA ?

Deleted
    do you have any logs / armory links?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razkaziel View Post
    i have a question for you guys !!! it is my first range dps in all my mmorpg , we are two boomkin in our raid and we have the same ilvl but the other one do alot more dps than me i talk with him and everything is the same in our rotation exept he keep all SS for the eclipse mode and he dont use any SS for the solar ... it is normal ?

when the fight start he go at 33k dps ( euphoria ) and i go at 27k ... when i start a fight did i have to wait the 100 eclipse before use my CA ?
    Both those numbers are quite low considering i can burst for 100k dps, but without armoury and logs its just anecdotal. Instead of skipping the thread and blindly asking questions perhaps read it, and you'll see I wrote the opener half a page above your question.

On beta we aimed to use 2 SS charges in lunar and 1 in solar (which can be maintained 100% with charges) but this wasn't with euphoria, and it was with (what seems to be) less charges than we have on live. That could be due to my gear, and as I don't know yours I can only guess. If you're not swamped with shooting stars it makes sense to use most of them in lunar as that's typically where you do the most damage. That said a third charge at the very bottom on lunar is less than one at the very top of solar so don't just use them in lunar as a rule.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

im not allowed to post any link at this moment

razkaziel on wow armory :S

xtramuscle, thanks so much for taking the time to answer all these questions! I have a few more if you're willing to spend a bit more time answering more. I hear mastery is good for us now, but crit is later. At what point should we be going for crit? Could you also suggest BiS trinkets and weapon? I'm currently using Shards of Nothing warforged and Sandman's Pouch. Is it better to use a 1h and off hand or a staff? I know it's best to get whatever heroic or norm upgrade you can, but later what is it that's BiS for weapons on Moonkin? Also, here is a link to my character, should I get more haste? More crit? I seem to have more mastery than anything. Just curious what will bring up my dps the best. Lunarhaze - Stormreaver US. Again, thanks a lot for any help you can give!