Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It kind of sucks that it's only the base game and not the expansion, but I'll still buy this. Let's just hope it gets Steam Cards too!
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

no expansions is pretty lame, although the original campaign was better overall, there some minor aspects I liked fromt eh expansions (Item sets were pretty awesome, also the special upgraded units certain heroes had).

Oh well nmaybe they can find the rights somewhere, maybe the company that did the ports had the rights (they have also folded)

Or maybe its kind of like Baldur's Gate, where some of the source is officially lost. (I know BG:Enhanced got delayed because they had to rework some of the engine and file system from scratch because of some stuff like that)

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    no expansions is pretty lame, although the original campaign was better overall, there some minor aspects I liked fromt eh expansions (Item sets were pretty awesome, also the special upgraded units certain heroes had).

Oh well nmaybe they can find the rights somewhere, maybe the company that did the ports had the rights (they have also folded)

Or maybe its kind of like Baldur's Gate, where some of the source is officially lost. (I know BG:Enhanced got delayed because they had to rework some of the engine and file system from scratch because of some stuff like that)
    According to Ubisoft, they were unable to get their hands on the source code for the expansions after New World Computing shut down.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    It kind of sucks that it's only the base game and not the expansion, but I'll still buy this. Let's just hope it gets Steam Cards too!
    Wait. No random map generator? noooooooooo.jpg

Deleted
    Just tried it out. Ubisoft disappoints once again.

-Only the base game, no expansion content.
    -No random map generator.
    -Bare minimum effort put in to call it "HD"
    -Animations somehow look worse than the original. Hard to explain, feels like weird fps. Maybe its just me.
    -Mouse sensitivity is lower in game for some reason.
    -Lots of screens have these side bars you get because of wrong aspect ratio.

I only played for like 10 mins before uninstalling so there might be lots of other issues.

Saw this screen, nostalgia-ed hard. Taught there might be some hope.

Ingame looks meh.

Get used to these sidebars.

Overall 2/10 would not bang.
    If you desperately want to play some HOMM3 just get the original complete edition and download a HD launcher.
    Last edited by mmoc905be6ae45; 2015-01-29 at 02:12 PM.

Eh, it's fine.
    It was known from the beginning that there will be no expansions, so I don't know why people expected that. Of course, if Ubisoft's reason was lie, and they will release the addons later, then it's bad, but as of now their reasoning stands. It is possible that Ubisoft are lying (knowing their reputation), but it is also possible that they will manually rewrite expansions' code from scratch, maybe even adding new things. But as of this moment it it irrelevant. There were never promised more than the Restoration of Erathia. That's also why there is no random generator and other things, which are features of the expansions. It's all part of false expectations.

HD rework is surprisingly okay. There are some bad cases, like Necropolis, or animations while in fort buying creatures, but in combat it isn't noticable. They are worse than the original, mind you, but if you aren't looking for it specifically, it doesn't stand out. The main reason for their lower quality is obvious - they didn't have the original 3d models which were the base for sprites, instead they had to redraw each frame, and sometimes the redrawn frames don't correlate with each other perfectly.

Also, I heard people on other websites saying that saves and/or autosaves don't work, but I personally didn't have that problem at all.

In the end - if you want to play Heroes 3: Restoration of Erathia HD without network and compatability troubles, then go for it. It it perfectly playable and enjoyable.

The old one functions perfectly to this date. Unecessary money smoochery.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    The old one functions perfectly to this date. Unecessary money smoochery.
    I suppose some people want it for the easier multiplayer setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That was my main reason for buying it. I still love the original looks of the game, but getting online multiplayer to work was not worth the trouble.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    No expansions was a big turnoff for me. And the fact that i saw it in store next to Heroes I-IV collection that was half its price was another. May buy it if its on sale on steam but other than that, not interested. Especially since for me its a game to play on "Hot seats" anyway.

Deleted
    They didn't even include the expansions? What a cash grab..

Nothing difficult in setting up MP in original either. O.o

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Hentai-san View Post
    They didn't even include the expansions? What a cash grab..
    They don't have the source code for those.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing difficult in setting up MP in original either. O.o
    Dunno, never tried anything but Hot Seat. I assumed since Steamworks was incorporated, and taking the age of the game into account, that there would have to be some fudgery to get it to work.

They don't have the source code for those.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno, never tried anything but Hot Seat. I assumed since Steamworks was incorporated, and taking the age of the game into account, that there would have to be some fudgery to get it to work.
    There really isn't. Sure Steam is slightly simpler but setting MP in original was very easy

Deleted
    I just want heroes 3 with heroes 4 land music :S

There really isn't. Sure Steam is slightly simpler but setting MP in original was very easy
    No it wasn't. Even with Hamachi there was a lot of trouble getting it to work, and the Hamachi itself takes time to configure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    No it wasn't. Even with Hamachi there was a lot of trouble getting it to work, and the Hamachi itself takes time to configure.
    If you're using Hamachi you're doing it wrong in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrglanex View Post
    I just want heroes 3 with heroes 4 land music :S
    Easy: open the Music folder and replace the land tracks with Heroes IV ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.