Conquest cap - how does it work in WoD?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I usually play only PvE.

What rating do I need to have to have my conquest cap increased? I know there were calculators but they are mostly outdated and I'm not sure if WoD's cap works just like MoP's.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Same way as in MOP only you can get some extra from ashran if you manage to enter and win.

Having 1500+ rating in any bracket increases your cap. I think, once you get over 1700 cap, you no longer need Ashran as you can cap it within your regular cap.

Aside from that, you also have a chance to win random free pvp epics weekly if:

- you win a RBG (you have 3 chances for this, so 3 RBG wins required)
    - you win Coliseum and loot the big chest
    - you win Ashran and get an epic from the lockbox

10+ Year Old Account
    Base is 1700 for everyone, 200 of which has to come from Ashran. The 200 can be from either killing NPCs (most give 25, with the exception being the leader of your enemy faction, who awards 350) or winning the regional mini games, which award 125 each.

The 1700 base conquest cap still scales with your arena rating. Going higher with ratings over 1550 or something like that.

The bonus 200 from Ashran is outside of you ratings cap.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-12-11 at 05:15 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Having 1500+ rating in any bracket increases your cap. I think, once you get over 1700 cap, you no longer need Ashran as you can cap it within your regular cap.
    That's not true. Your cap will be based on your arena or rbg rating but in addtion to that ashran always adds an extra 200 bonus on top of your cap. So if your arena cap is 2400, your total cap is 2600.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but I usually play only PvE.

What rating do I need to have to have my conquest cap increased? I know there were calculators but they are mostly outdated and I'm not sure if WoD's cap works just like MoP's.

Thanks in advance.
    Semi-necroish post but want to clarify how the rating works after doing some calculations;

After achieving a rating of 1500+, you will gain an average of 1.8 conquest points per each rating (1). So usually you will gain 2 conquest points to your cap for each point of rating you get.

As an example: using the source http://www.whatsmycap.com/?, a rating of 1501 will add an additional 2 conquest points to your cap (1702 in total) however a rating of 1502 will grant 3 conquest points to your base cap (1703 in total), so taking this we can determine that the conquest per rating is somewhere between 1-2, what I found to be approximately 1.8.

Note: the calculations made were elementary and therefore may not be correct as this was done through simple tallying and rounding averages.
    Last edited by Azeurus; 2015-01-13 at 10:55 AM.