Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Acceptable dps? Frost ilvl 640.

Hello, i'm just wondering if i could/should be higher on dps.
    Ilvl: 640
    Talents: IN - MI - TV

At the start of fights i'm at 50-60k using all cd's for about the first 40 sec. Then dropping to 23k ish before my cd's are up again, and i peak at 30k again.
    Usually end around 20-25k on highmaul normal boss fights. Is that okay for my gear or should i be able to do better?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlani1988 View Post

At the start of fights i'm at 50-60k using all cd's for about the first 40 sec. Then dropping to 23k ish before my cd's are up again, and i peak at 30k again.
    Usually end around 20-25k on highmaul normal boss fights. Is that okay for my gear or should i be able to do better?
    5k is a pretty big difference. If you want to know how you compare to a lot of people in your own class/spec, go to warcraft logs and check out the parses there for your class/spec. If you link logs or something, we can see if your doing everything right which is more important than just the number. Numbers can go up/down with multiple mobs, movement, etc.

nvm im bad

Deleted
    seems allright, alltho there are 10000 factors involves, such as cleave, movement, fight duration.

Hi Arlani1988 !, how are you?.

Bro i hope you can help me. I was looking in this forum any topic related to rotation and dps, and you are by far the best mage i see.

I just started play as mage (frost) , and i really want to learn from pro like you.

You think can you help me with the talens and rotation?

What is your rotation? (i saw your talent usage in the post).

i really hope you can help me please. All the mages i see arent close enough to you in dps.

Thank you so much!

im at 640 ilvl and havent broken the 20k barrier yet by the end of any fights. i burst around 46k on butcher and finish at about 19k. and i thought i was doing good...

that must mean my guild is horrible because im first in every fight.

thank god im only semi-competitive and am happy with just clearing and gearing

Quote Originally Posted by Arlani1988 View Post

Post logs, also look into using Simcraft or learn how to use it.

Deleted
    I am 643 and usually around 23-24k, so yes I'd say you are doing good. Mind you that Butcher is probably the most accurate "boss dummy" if you aren't on movement duty.

20k is pretty decent yup

655 ilvl here and i usually end up where i sim, high 24.xx, 25k ish on kargath/butcher.

Quote Originally Posted by MardestyGSOG View Post
    im at 640 ilvl and havent broken the 20k barrier yet by the end of any fights. i burst around 46k on butcher and finish at about 19k. and i thought i was doing good...

that must mean my guild is horrible because im first in every fight.

thank god im only semi-competitive and am happy with just clearing and gearing
    There seems to be something wrong with your gameplay then I suppose, or it's possible that the fights just take so long that your dps drops. Are you using your cooldowns properly? Including water elementals water jet. I did 26k on butcher with 637 ilvl this week, granted the fight only lasted about 4 minutes. But I would say that with 640ilvl you should be pulling above 20k in most of the encounters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larse View Post
    Hi Arlani1988 !, how are you?.

Bro i hope you can help me. I was looking in this forum any topic related to rotation and dps, and you are by far the best mage i see.

I just started play as mage (frost) , and i really want to learn from pro like you.

You think can you help me with the talens and rotation?

What is your rotation? (i saw your talent usage in the post).

i really hope you can help me please. All the mages i see arent close enough to you in dps.

Thank you so much!

Switched to Arcane/fire now and is at 663 ilvl, 30k dps on butcher.
    Using SN, IF, PC on most fights, except Butcher, where i go Rune Of Power instead.

What i found while playing frost is that utelizing your cd's is realy key to do good dmg. Download needtoknow(addon) or a simmilar addon to keep track of you cd's. Set up 3 bars, one to track Prismatic Crystal(90 sec), one to track mirror immages(120 sec) and one to track Icy Veins(180 sec).
    Then do the following. Write 2 macro's, 1st is for all 2 min cd's you have + pot. seccond for all 3 min cd's. And pop them when they are up.
    Also, always to remember to save Frozen Orb for PC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    There seems to be something wrong with your gameplay then I suppose, or it's possible that the fights just take so long that your dps drops. Are you using your cooldowns properly? Including water elementals water jet. I did 26k on butcher with 637 ilvl this week, granted the fight only lasted about 4 minutes. But I would say that with 640ilvl you should be pulling above 20k in most of the encounters.
    I agree, 20k should be attainable as long as you move correctly, and use cd's as they are ment to be used. However, you did 26k on butcher with 637? thats amazing. Do you have any loggs you can link? Would realy like to see how you pulled that one off..:P Must have had some nice proccs..

Sadly no logs for the fights since it was a pug. But it was mostly because the fight was so short and with pre-pots and everything, including RNG it was possible. Unless skada lied to me badly

643 ilvl frost mage here, without decent gems or enchants (just using the cheap shit atm) I am pulling 23k on a stationary single target fight. Have hit up to 26k on a fight, but that was with everything going perfect/no movement required at all.

Sadly no logs for the fights since it was a pug. But it was mostly because the fight was so short and with pre-pots and everything, including RNG it was possible. Unless skada lied to me badly
    Must have been, even with the stars aligning for a Butcher fight, 26k with 637 is borderline unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kshar View Post
    Must have been, even with the stars aligning for a Butcher fight, 26k with 637 is borderline unbelievable.
    Either everyone else was ilvl660+ so the fight was about 2 minutes, or he's just lying. Not sure why you would brag about your fake dps in a forum where someone else needs help, but hey - epeen is everything I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by anazei View Post
    Either everyone else was ilvl660+ so the fight was about 2 minutes, or he's just lying. Not sure why you would brag about your fake dps in a forum where someone else needs help, but hey - epeen is everything I guess.
    Not lying but of course you dont have to believe me if you dont want to. The fight was about 3 min 40sec iirc

Not lying but of course you dont have to believe me if you dont want to. The fight was about 3 min 40sec iirc
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...1706&bracket=1

DPS for all Butcher kills with 647 or less ilvl.

Go spread your cancer on someone elses toast.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

Why are you so angry? There's people doing the same dps with the same ilvl gear as I said I did and their fight was almost minute longer than mine. If you dont believe me then dont, no reason to get angry about it

And those are apparently heroic fights. I was doing normal
    Last edited by Wikko; 2014-12-24 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post

Bu..bu-buttttt...

Just imagine how DPS he'd do if he was geared though. Easily at least 80k at 660 ilvl. That's about what I'm doing on my Mage at 645.

Why are you so angry? There's people doing the same dps with the same ilvl gear as I said I did and their fight was almost minute longer than mine. If you dont believe me then dont, no reason to get angry about it

And those are apparently heroic fights. I was doing normal
    I meant to link frost specific: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...age&spec=Frost

The highest rank is 2k less dps in 10 ilvls higher gear.

BTW the fight is exactly the same on normal/hc so that makes on difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.