Deleted

minimalistic raid UI

I stopped playing PvE during Cata. Now i want to get back into it, but i want to make a minimalistic as possible UI. I don't like to much info on my screen.

What addons are a "must have"?

Deleted
    DBM/Bigwigs is pretty much only thing what is needed. I also use GTFO, Ora3 (to see my group raid CD), weakauras for my own spells

Only you can answer that question for yourself. Everyone sees different addons as "must have".

OmniCC is one for me. (and no the new default version doesn´t cut it for me)
    Weakauras is another one for me (seeing what I want to see where I want to see it is godlike)
    dbm or bigwigs if you are raiding

Everything else is convenience.
    Chataddon for easy copying of ts links.
    Auctionhouse addon
    Skillet for bigger craftingwindow
    arkinventory for better sorting of bags
    altoholic for easy access to who has what
    skada for heal or damage meters (not for epeen but for analysis of what happens and what can be changed)
    Bazooka and many little ldb addons for easy knowledge of little things (durability info, currencyoverview, finished follower missions etc.)

But most of these don´t clutter the screen in any way.

Deleted
    For me it's pretty simple:

ElvUi - Because honestly, the standard Blizzard interface is ancient and looks terrible. Going from standard to ElvUi makes the game feel modern.
    BigWigs - You don't want to burden your guild by failing at mechanics, this helps a lot.
    GTFO - It's not always apparent that you're standing in shit (the fire hitbox might be wonky etc), having the game tell you with audio that you need to move helps.
    Skada - Minimalistic DPS meter. Great if you're a DPS, not really needed otherwise.

I use a ton more addons, but honestly, these are enough for full on raiding. ElvUi already comes with all the bells and whistles you need, such as an improved raid frame etc.

Deleted
    Yeah ELVUI is GREAT

bossmods + weakauras

WeakAuras
    OmniCC
    Some sort of Boss mod
    Parrot
    Shadowed unitframes
    Action bar mod + art plugin for it

Using these you can pretty much make your game as minimalistic as you would like. It will require some set up but it's going to do what you want.

I use a few to clean things up / minimize screen-use ... Shadowed Unit Frames, Domino (or is it Dominos ? Either way, action bar mod), Sexymap, I think Gnosis for castbars, TipTac for tooltips, Aurora to make pretty much everything match (it replaces like every blizz ui texture)

But I'm considering switching to Elvui just to have one thing to cover all that at once.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    SkullflowerUI. The end.
    Get it, use BigWigs/LittleWigs, Skada and you're good to go.