SP weapon enchant

I come across this problem, and been trying to figure out a short answer: Which weapon enchant is the best for us Shadow priest.

If you look at the go to guide on www.howtopriest.com which barely never fails, it says Crit enchant as the only real viable option. Then im thinking the reason Drye says that must be because crit is the best stats if you combine the CoP and the other talent together (forgot the name).

But even tho this guide says Crit, no one uses crit - and here comes my dilemma.

Since our best stats of endgame specs/playstyle says haste is the stat - if we move etc on fights. But no one uses either haste or crit. If you look up SP's from top tier guilsd that have killed a mythic boss now, they all use either mastery or multistrike (where 90% use mastery enchant) - And this is whe re i go like WTF?

so basicly:

TL : DR

gut feeling says haste
    Theorycrafter says crit
    top raiding priest says mastery and mby multistrike.

I been trying to browse the net for like 2 days now and still cant the answer, can any1 care to explain whaty ou think of this matter?

And im obs. talking about the expensive enchant, so i kinda dont wanna do it wrong :P

Its the same thing with stat priorities, truth is there is no clear answer right now. All I know is; For AS crit is by far the best choice, for CoP all the stats (except versatility ofc) are too close to make a clear call. Myself, I'm going for crit and multistrike. Its what feels the best for me, as I like big numbers, and its a very safe choice.
    Last edited by Vained; 2014-12-11 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    I got the H-WF staff from tectus yesterday and threw the haste enchant on it, wasnt sure if haste or multistrike. Im pretty happy with my choice.

Deleted
    haste proc can be disturbing because variation during any dotweave phase can cause you to loose a gcd and you don't always know what to do in this case.
    That's why the haste proc enchant is not widely used. And as said, barely crit=mstrike=mastery, so do what you want.
    Want to increase dps on butcher and kargath ? go mastery. For others boss, pick mstrike/crit, or the bleed enchant which is not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    I come across this problem, and been trying to figure out a short answer: Which weapon enchant is the best for us Shadow priest.

If you look at the go to guide on www.howtopriest.com which barely never fails, it says Crit enchant as the only real viable option. Then im thinking the reason Drye says that must be because crit is the best stats if you combine the CoP and the other talent together (forgot the name).

But even tho this guide says Crit, no one uses crit - and here comes my dilemma.

Since our best stats of endgame specs/playstyle says haste is the stat - if we move etc on fights. But no one uses either haste or crit. If you look up SP's from top tier guilsd that have killed a mythic boss now, they all use either mastery or multistrike (where 90% use mastery enchant) - And this is whe re i go like WTF?

so basicly:

TL : DR

gut feeling says haste
    Theorycrafter says crit
    top raiding priest says mastery and mby multistrike.

I been trying to browse the net for like 2 days now and still cant the answer, can any1 care to explain whaty ou think of this matter?

And im obs. talking about the expensive enchant, so i kinda dont wanna do it wrong :P
    The short and easy answer is Crit or multi. The reason you won't see many people using it is because a lot of raids in highmaul are single target. Resulting in mastery being superior but the second you have to move or off dot or swd, the value of mastery drops because it doesn't effect those abilities. The reason crit is recommended, is because the way I'm viewing stats, is that haste = mastery = Crit = multi >>>> Vers. Going specific gems or enchants isn't going to give you some massive dps increase, you actually wont see a difference unless some placebo effect comes into play.

What I can tell you is my strat for gearing and progressing. Get any ilvl upgrade you can. The large amount of int you gain is a huge dps increase regardless of what stats are on it. I'm personally going mastery early in highmaul because the earlier bosses have close to no adds or movement. Once I start getting mythic gear and we progress through highmaul and get ready for foundry, I'll be switching to crit or multi because we should start getting enough crit on our gear to use AS and the fights in foundry have more adds to dot and swd. The value for mastery drops significantly when going AS as well. It's almost a useless stat.

High possibility crit/multi will be better for imperator as well. A lot of people really underestimate how much damage we do in execute phase. Looking at your overall damage it's pretty significant and the only ability that mastery effects sub 20% is mind blast, while most of the damage comes from swd and DP. Both which scale very well with crit/multi.

I'm not recommending the haste enchant anymore because uncontrolled haste procs can very easily mess up your dot weaving rotation, which will result in a DPS loss.

Short answer: go crit or multi because it's a "safe bet".
    Last edited by Drye; 2014-12-11 at 02:43 PM.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Mark of the Shattered Hand was simming slightly higher* (within 1.5%). This will change as you get better gear though, since it does base damage (like Will of the Forsaken) and the other enchants will eventually become noticeably better. Right now you can very safely go for cheap unless you're aiming for something very specific stat-wise.

* For my character with her last weekend's gear stats in a light movement fight style model. I'll rerun sims this weekend (or later tonight, these are fairly quick).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I'm not recommending the haste enchant anymore because haste prics which sent controlled can very easily mess up your dot weaving rotation, which will result in a DPS loss.
    This. Haste procs keep me on my toes.

Haste procs are fine, but the weapon enchant losing haste per second isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Drye gives some good advice that a lot of people are going to ignore and then ask about over and over again. I should just save a link to that post in my bookmark bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Mark of the Shattered Hand was simming slightly higher* (within 1.5%). This will change as you get better gear though, since it does base damage (like Will of the Forsaken) and the other enchants will eventually become noticeably better. Right now you can very safely go for cheap unless you're aiming for something very specific stat-wise.

* For my character with her last weekend's gear stats in a light movement fight style model. I'll rerun sims this weekend (or later tonight, these are fairly quick).
    This is what my Sims have shown too. That said, I don't know if I 100% trust SimC's modeling of the weapon enchants.

I've got ilvl 666 and I have the Mastery enchant on the weapon because for the fights I'm working on right now, I'll get more out of the mastery than I will the Crit or the Multistrike.
    Vindicatum - US-Icecrown
    8/10M - 10hr raiding schedule

Twitter: @Tanned_
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/tanned_priest

Yep, I use the crit enchant because:

1. I intend to jump into AS whenever it's slightly viable.
    2. It's a much more flexible stat than mastery.
    3. I already have a @#$%ton of mastery on my gear.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2014-12-12 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanned View Post
    I think Drye gives some good advice that a lot of people are going to ignore and then ask about over and over again. I should just save a link to that post in my bookmark bar.

I'm at the point where I have a word doc and I just copy paste the same thing to people

Ya I'm using haste but after reading this I'm probably going to change to crit/mastery. I'm sitting at a little over 20% Haste. A little under 20% Multi.

Hey Drye what do you think about Rod of Fel Nullification/Bileslinger's Censer combo for earlier on in progression since we can probably get a mythic off hand rather quickly? Or would you rather go with 2h from Impregnator?

I think whatever item has the higher ilvl or socket would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    I'm at the point where I have a word doc and I just copy paste the same thing to people
    i think the main problem is people are so confused with what stats are actually good.
    I have read our post on H2P and its really good. thanks for that.

However a log of people have red other guides who say different things. and poeple just dont know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Deleted
    question: do we have some haste cap we must reach so all the other stats be more effective?? cause in the last raid i try full mastery with 6.5% haste and my dps was semi crap...when i change again to 10.00%haste everything was way way better...any advices???? ty

Quote Originally Posted by mpougatsa View Post
    question: do we have some haste cap we must reach so all the other stats be more effective?? cause in the last raid i try full mastery with 6.5% haste and my dps was semi crap...when i change again to 10.00%haste everything was way way better...any advices???? ty
    Answered here to keep it on the same thread.