Thread: Salvage Yard.

Salvage Yard.

For those that have a salvage yard, how often do you get a reward and how do you know you have one? I made a salvage yard on an alt and so far I've gotten nothing even though my followers on that alt have completed plenty of missions. Do you have to check with a NPC for the rewards? Do they get mailed?

I just wondering if I am doing something wrong or if the RNG gods have me on their black list.

Is it level 2 or 3? If so, just bad RNG.

The items are placed directly into your inventory.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    I've had a level 3 one on my main, from fairly early in the expansion and I have yet to receive anything worthwhile barring follower upgrades. Really debating how useful its going to end up being. :/

Bad RNG, I have had good crates and bad crates. Makes sure it's level 3, if possible, that's the only real way you're going to get any big crates at all.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

When your mission is a success and you click the treasure chest - that's when you get the salvage yard reward. It will be in the forma of a bag or box - you can watch your chat box window to see if you got it. You then take your bags or boxes to the salvage yard itself and click them to see what's inside.

After doing this from the start and having anything from a 10% salvage reward for mission completions to 80% rewards, taking all of that into account I would have to guess it is rewarded roughly 25-30% of the time.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    got a 665 ilvl plate belt for my DK yesterday. I have about 900 completed missions. Large amount of them with a lvl 3 salvage yard.
    Odds aren't great but you do get stuff once in a while.

I did however get the Corn-cane staff transmog the other day (old Vanilla Emerald Dragon staff) which i for sure will keep as i never got that staff back then and loved the model
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Only level 100 missions guarantee a crate. It's normally got bunch of level 40 greens and vendor trash. Occasionally a 610 blue or a follower upgrade item. Not seen a useful epic yet, but people in my guild had a few.

I think 95-99 gives a crate sometimes, and 90-94 gives the bag instead. Chances on both of those are not 100%, so your mileage may vary. If your followers aren't 100, then the Salvage Yard isn't that useful. But then, few of the buildings are. None of them are mandatory, IMO. The follower quest for raid loot seldom happens, and if you're actively raiding, you'll gear up a lot faster there, than by spamming missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    Is it level 2 or 3? If so, just bad RNG.

The items are placed directly into your inventory.
    Still level one. "Allows Salvage to be occasionally recovered from missions." Maybe a little less occasional than I think.

Quote Originally Posted by tkc-von View Post
    Still level one. "Allows Salvage to be occasionally recovered from missions." Maybe a little less occasional than I think.
    Level one is worthless. It doesn't start to shine until level three. I have a level 3 salvage yard on 3 characters, those salvage yards supply me with all the enchanting mats I could want, a fair number of follower upgrade items, and so far 2 665 BoEs, some plate shoulders I think it was, and the awesome Lucky Double Sided Coin.

I'm getting noticeably less now after the nerf. They claim that they buffed the follower gear drop rate but I seem to get less than I used to before. I do get more greens however, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by tkc-von View Post
    Upgrade to at least lvl 2 ASAP, then to lvl 3 as soon as you get the achievement. Drop rate for salvage goes up significantly for each upgrade.

With a lvl 3 yard, I seem to be getting consistent salvage on every lvl 100 mission with a 100% success chance. Other successful missions seem to give me salvage more often than not. Failed missions never give salvage.

I mainly got a ton of follower items out of it, as well as two legacy items I'm now using for my main transmog set. Nothing useful for me, unless you're counting the rewards for missions I can now do thanks to the follower gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    With a lvl 3 yard, I seem to be getting consistent salvage on every lvl 100 mission with a 100% success chance. Other successful missions seem to give me salvage more often than not. Failed missions never give salvage.
    That's because level 100 missions have 100% chance to give a crate if successful

For the people who have been using it for weeks and 'not got anything useful, they're probably vendoring gold away, as I'm making a few 1000 gold a day from it in transmog and low lvl blues/epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    For the people who have been using it for weeks and 'not got anything useful, they're probably vendoring gold away, as I'm making a few 1000 gold a day from it in transmog and low lvl blues/epics.
    AH'ing the items ... interesting. Never thought about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it to be very beneficial in gearing my followers while I had the Stable up and was collecting the mounts. Now that I've finished collecting the mounts, I've got the Bunker and didn't lose as much progression as I would have without the Salvage Yard. The trick is to check your missions once a day, rather than every time they trickle in. RNG seems to work much better that way when it comes to getting crates and getting good stuff from them.