So is it me or does Grimoire Of Convert Demon seem really lackluster?

Greetings Fellow Fel Casters!

I hope you are all enjoying the expansion as I am, this morning I found myself in Ashran and rediscovered my love for PvP, after a bit of exploring I found one of the epic class tomes, and having seen other classes' tomes this one seems pretty under whelming, I thought I might be able to change the Alliance Captains at least, and the spell does not work on Elites and in fact even puts it on cooldown, Which is an extremely boring 5 minutes of waiting before I could test it again. The only mob it did work on was an ogre and it turned into a void creature that I could not control and who just went off to do their own thing, I followed it to check the damage or look for unique spells and found none, and that it was hitting like a wet noodle. Perhaps the demon spawned is baased on the power of the host, but the issue is you can only use it on 100 and below NPCs in Ashran.

Also side question not to derail the primary topic but just as a note, do you guys roll Cata Demonbolt or Servitude for pvp?

tldr; Ive been playing around with it and found it sad and underwhelming, Has anyone else found a use for this lovely grimoire?

Armory^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Greetings Fellow Fel Casters!

I hope you are all enjoying the expansion as I am, this morning I found myself in Ashran and rediscovered my love for PvP, after a bit of exploring I found one of the epic class tomes, and having seen other classes' tomes this one seems pretty under whelming, I thought I might be able to change the Alliance Captains at least, and the spell does not work on Elites and in fact even puts it on cooldown, Which is an extremely boring 5 minutes of waiting before I could test it again. The only mob it did work on was an ogre and it turned into a void creature that I could not control and who just went off to do their own thing, I followed it to check the damage or look for unique spells and found none, and that it was hitting like a wet noodle. Perhaps the demon spawned is baased on the power of the host, but the issue is you can only use it on 100 and below NPCs in Ashran.

Also side question not to derail the primary topic but just as a note, do you guys roll Cata Demonbolt or Servitude for pvp?

tldr; Ive been playing around with it and found it sad and underwhelming, Has anyone else found a use for this lovely grimoire?
    Its a garbage item compared everyone elses. Should have been something amazing, like it gives u a temporary pitlord or doomlord, to do some amazing dps, rather with a got a garbage void that cant even put a dent into someones health... let alone, warlocks are pretty garbage right now.

Yeah, it's pretty much useless in Ashran the moment you're up against more than 1-2 players. It lacks the utility that other classes gain in Ashran. The biggest problem is that the demon dies in seconds when confronted by a zerg and hits like a wet noodle to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    Should have been something amazing, like it gives u a temporary pitlord or doomlord, to do some amazing dps, rather with a got a garbage void that cant even put a dent into someones health... let alone, warlocks are pretty garbage right now.
    Yeah that would've been balanced against my rogue one that reduces my prep cd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talthanor View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty much useless in Ashran the moment you're up against more than 1-2 players. It lacks the utility that other classes gain in Ashran. The biggest problem is that the demon dies in seconds when confronted by a zerg and hits like a wet noodle to boot.
    If you thought one player would be able to dominate the midlane because of a tome... dunno what to tell you.

On the other hand some of those buffs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    If you thought one player would be able to dominate the midlane because of a tome... dunno what to tell you.

On the other hand some of those buffs...
    I don't expect it to make warlocks dominate other players. I simply find it woefully clunky and dull when compared to the Ashran abilities given to other classes. Heck, druids get the ability to fly around which is fun and interesting. The novelty of our ability wears off fairly quickly and is pretty boring by comparison.

Yeah its a hard decision to make but ultimately it's preference

Quote Originally Posted by Graveworm View Post
    Yeah its a hard decision to make but ultimately it's preference
    Do you understand the conversation? There's no decision. It's an Ashran item.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=114848/g...-convert-demon

I think you are confusing this with talent choices.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

To be fair, the druid tome you get 99% of the time is the one that reduces Rebirth cooldown to 3min. It's still better than the warlock tome in my opinion, but not by much!