Thread: Barn vs. Inn?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you should do:
    -Keep the lumber mill until you've got level 3 on all your buildings, or until you've banked enough GR to upgrade the remaining buildings.
    -Then replace it with the barn, you want it for savage bloods! You need 30 of them to upgrade a crafted epic to 670, with a maximum of 3 crafted epics that are able to be equipped (Thats a boatload of savage bloods that are in demand).
    -Keep the inn forever, the follower recruitment makes it the best building. Keep trying to recruit followers with double racial traits (human/draeni etc) until you can stack 3 followers to make every mission 100% success chance.

Also, get a salvage yard!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inder/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Also, the expansion is not Corgis Unleashed either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    now if only those cages would stack...
    It's a bit annoying, but at least you can put them in the reagent tab in your bank. Means you can stack up quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    It takes like 10-20 minutes to get a full days worth of cages, LOL. How is that frustrating? I was forced to go Inn due to no scavengers at all, now I have 4, and just made the Barn about 5 days ago give or take? obviously level 2.
    I'm just using my barn to feed my tailor and I get enough for 3 full runs of work orders in about 10 mins.......so that's what 9 days worth if you let the WOs run all the way out.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Can I piggyback and ask for some advice as well?

I have level 3

Large - Barracks and Stables
    Medium - Inn and Trading Post
    Small - Engi works, Tannery and Salvage Yard

Should I drop the Inn for the Barn? I have Skinning/LW on my alt(Engi/LW on main) as well and a Barn and Tannery on them as well so I wasn't sure if I should double up on Barns.

If you are running barn elite trapping with undergeared alts, get a friend and you can each double trap.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's less than 9 minutes per day. So you're actually faster than him, not slower.
    He's actually slower than I am, it entirely depends on if people are skinning the mobs you're going after. I go after the frost boars west of Bladespire Fortress and people farm them to skin, and I was still able to get 20-25+ cages in 10-20 minutes, so I should have said a few days worth in as little as 10-20 minutes. Also it's for the level 2 of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    now if only those cages would stack...
    If only....I could stock up for a week in less than 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Hayro1; 2014-12-12 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    The best thing about the inn is the reusable flask (updated one from timeless isle). The treasure missions just give gold.
    Dont forget scavangers, epic mount followers, Aviana's feather and the 16% heal/ps use item.

Im getting 1 more scavanger and the achiev, then im swapping it for a colloseum.

Deleted
    Well you can sleep in a barn but it's much better sleeping in an inn.

Is the new hotfix for the achievement to get level 3 inns now live? Says it should be 10 instead of 20 quests?

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Is the new hotfix for the achievement to get level 3 inns now live? Says it should be 10 instead of 20 quests?
    Yes, it's live. Also, the reusable stat boost "flask" you get from the inn quest is only half a flask. The tooltip says it gives you +200 stats but it was hotfixed to actually only give 100.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by decimo View Post
    Should I drop the Inn for the Barn? I have Skinning/LW on my alt(Engi/LW on main) as well and a Barn and Tannery on them as well so I wasn't sure if I should double up on Barns.
    Depends on how many savage bloods you need or if you feel like buying them/farming primal spirits. If you find you don't have enough, then double up. I would personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Rale89 View Post
    You sir are my new favorite persone in the world... I have 8 lvl 3 barns.
    What? Why? Haha.

Deleted
    Barn is really good for money making. The bloods sell for 2k each on my server. If you got 3 or 4 barns going, each giving you an average of 7 bloods per week...that's like 20k per week at the minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Finish the inn achievement (dungeon quests) and get soulare of andorhal for the toy, then ditch and replace with the barn. Just need soulare myself, then I'm getting the gladiatorial arena which will probably be just as useless due to ashran queue times and my hatred of PvP, but dem passives... Mhm.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-12-12 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    He's actually slower than I am, it entirely depends on if people are skinning the mobs you're going after. I go after the frost boars west of Bladespire Fortress and people farm them to skin, and I was still able to get 20-25+ cages in 10-20 minutes, so I should have said a few days worth in as little as 10-20 minutes. Also it's for the level 2 of course.
    Level 2 is child's play. Level 3 requires level 100 elites with ~1m HP, so you have to do at least 500k damage before you can catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Level 2 is child's play. Level 3 requires level 100 elites with ~1m HP, so you have to do at least 500k damage before you can catch them.
    And? just means I won't have to take off half my gear so I don't one-shot them. And I barely got the barn less than a week ago.

Deleted
    Once I got all the quest items and achievement, I got rid of inn. Worthless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by decimo View Post
    Can I piggyback and ask for some advice as well?

I have level 3

Large - Barracks and Stables
    Medium - Inn and Trading Post
    Small - Engi works, Tannery and Salvage Yard

Have many scavengers do you have? 1 or 2 should give you MORE then enough resources to get rid of Trading post, for instance, level 100 resource quest gives me around 300 resources with 1 scavenger for 4 hrs...Trading post gives 120? a day, makes no sense imo to keep it, unless you are looking to get the AH which is stupidly expensive. TL;DR > Get rid of Trading post and put Barn.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2014-12-13 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Have many scavengers do you have? 1 or 2 should give you MORE then enough resources to get rid of Trading post, for instance, level 100 resource quest gives me around 300 resources with 1 scavenger for 4 hrs...Trading post gives 120? a day, makes no sense imo to keep it, unless you are looking to get the AH which is stupidly expensive. TL;DR > Get rid of Trading post and put Barn.
    edit:nvm you fixed it

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Yeah actually that makes more sense since I was using the Trading Post mostly to trade for leather/fur lol. But I also have all the Inn stuff so I can probably replace it too, yeah?