Wasteland 2 devs trademark "Meantime" and "Van Buren" (the original Fallout 3!!!)

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2014/1...teland-2-devs/
    If you are a fan of CRPGs and loved Wasteland 2, then you should be excited. Roxy Friday, a company that is associated with inXile Entertainment, has filled trademarks recently for two once abandoned RPGs. Inxile Entertainment are the people that brought back the classic top-down strategy role playing game Wasteland 2.

One of the classic almost games that was filled for a trademark is Meantime. Meantime was in development in the late 80’s by Interplay, the minds behind the early Fallout games. Meantime was supposed to be a time travel RPG, but was never completed because of financial reasons.

The second trademark filled is for Van Buren. Van Buren, other then the name of the 8th President of the United States, was Black Isle Studios’ codename for Fallout 3. The game was scrapped when the developers where laid off in 2003.

As of right now, it is all pure speculation that these games will be made by inXile or made at all, but inXile has set a precedent with its trademarking of classic RPGs. In 2012, they filled a trademark for Torment, before they kickstarted Torment: Tides of Numenera, this is the spiritual successor to 1999’s Planescape: Torment. It’s safe to assume that Van Buren and Meantime, if they are to be made, they will most likely be Kickstarters, just like Wasteland 2 was.

Wasteland 2 was critically praised and sold very well.
    Now there a very good chance, unfortunately, that this isn't actually the original Fallout 3 since Bethesda still owns the rights to Fallout and all. But since the first game they trademarked is a long dead property it would make sense that the second one was as well... Also Van Buren was a development code name, and those rarely ever get used in the finished product.

Time will tell. I'm am going to be watching this like a hawk because me and many people I know would be all over Van Buren actually getting made! If that Kickstarter pops up and it really is Fallout then I will be throwing all the money I can at it.

Fallout NV used quite a bit of some of Van Buren's ideas. It'll be interesting to see the similiarities.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Fallout NV used quite a bit of some of Van Buren's ideas. It'll be interesting to see the similiarities.
    They could always use the boulder dome story that never got any use. and all that (the new vegas mod was good) and a few more but as for fallout anything Bethesda still owns fallout so who knows.

more so then anything it's just a name to tease or a call back.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2014-12-12 at 09:56 AM.