Priest help. Logs & Armoury Inside [Holy]

Good afternoon MMO-Champion and fellow priests.

Little back ground here, I am completely new to healing as a priest. Been playing Holy / Prot paladin since back end of TBC so its a complete new learning curve. One which i am already enjoying massively.
    I have been reading a hell of a lot of guides from this site, H2P and many other blogs & forums that I could fine.

Now my guild have cleared 6/7 N and 1/7 on Heroic. Last night we attempted Heroic Butcher. Whereas we seemed to have the DPS to meet the timer, once we got in and around 20% I was completely dry and the healing fell behind.

So firstly I am after advise on this fight.

Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...i%c3%a9/simple (Elsié EU-Shadowsong)

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&fight=30
    (Longest attempt linked)

I know I am currently speced into Mindbender and Solace would be a better option.. but I was finding myself forgetting to press it so took mindbender to help with the situation.
    Only just set up my PW : Solace weak aura today. So that should help matters

My healing "Rotation" at the moment on heavy AoE or group damage is HW : Sanctuary .. spam renew and try to weave in PoM (Also looking for an aura for this to help me use once its off CD) and spam CoH.. how am I fairing?

Also if you would be so kind to look over my logs in general (Any specific guides per fight for priests at the moment?) to see if there is anything i can do to improve my healing in general.

All feedback no matter how big or small is welcomed.

Thanks & Regards

c|_| <-- This is my care cup, as you can see, its empty!

well ur using the wrong 100 talent thats for sure... use words of mending.

using words of mending will allow you to cast more renews/CoH and have more HPS in total. It will also proc words of mending more often because u will be casting more insta casts.

On my kill we used more healers but why Clarity of Purpose? words of mending is much better for holy, also it seems your coh casts are quite low and solace gives more mana then mindbender.

Only thing i can see from those logs is you didn't cast circle of healing enough and hardly any PoM, also ToF is better for holy too in my opinion, other then that it seems fine.

Clarity of Purpose is dildos, don't use it (it was only 4.11% of your healing anyways) - replace with Words of Mending.
    Don't use Glyph of PoM - it reduces overall healing in environments where all of your bounces are being used, and Butcher definitely qualifies. Consider replacing with Glyph of Circle of Healing, or Deep Wells.
    Ask your raid leader to try to organize raid groups by the way that they're stacking, so you can use Prayer of Healing effectively (although with renew/CoH spam you might not be using this much).
    Mindbender should be fine - damage on heroic Butcher is insane enough that using GCDs for Solace can go from being annoying to disastrous.
    Your raid's DPS is far too low for heroic Butcher. Everyone should be pulling at least 17-18k, hopefully with a handful of 20k+ players leading the pack.

#1 Piece of Advice: Use your discipline spec on Butcher. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Interrogate View Post

using words of mending will allow you to cast more renews/CoH and have more HPS in total. It will also proc words of mending more often because u will be casting more insta casts.
    Sorry but, how will using Words of mending allow me to cast more Renews / CoH ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Interrogate View Post

Sorry, how will using Words of Mending allow me to cast more Renews / CoH?

Quote Originally Posted by Necessarily View Post
    Clarity of Purpose is dildos, don't use it (it was only 4.11% of your healing anyways) - replace with Words of Mending.
    Don't use Glyph of PoM - it reduces overall healing in environments where all of your bounces are being used, and Butcher definitely qualifies. Consider replacing with Glyph of Circle of Healing, or Deep Wells.
    Ask your raid leader to try to organize raid groups by the way that they're stacking, so you can use Prayer of Healing effectively (although with renew/CoH spam you might not be using this much).
    Mindbender should be fine - damage on heroic Butcher is insane enough that using GCDs for Solace can go from being annoying to disastrous.
    Your raid's DPS is far too low for heroic Butcher. Everyone should be pulling at least 17-18k, hopefully with a handful of 20k+ players leading the pack.

#1 Piece of Advice: Use your discipline spec on Butcher. Seriously.
    Thank you for the advise

I would love to use my disc spec.. however I am worse at that than Holy !
    There is some logs from last night where I played it to test it out.. any advise on that?

Thanks a bunch already guys / Gals!

If you are running OOM on Heroic Butcher, try using a channeled mana pot. It restores more mana than the instant one + 10 seconds of non casting regen. The best time to use it is right before he charges the ranged group. Just call out on vent you are going to channel a mana pot, step outside the range group, and channel. Should be good to go by the time he returns to the tanks. Your HPS was okay (31K), with a few more CoHs you could push it up to 33K. Make sure you pre cast renew on the group about to take cleave damage, and always keep it rolling on the tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

They mean you can cast more PoMs by taking Words of Mending because you are spam casting renew/CoH.

Quote Originally Posted by Negato View Post
    If you are running OOM on Heroic Butcher, try using a channeled mana pot. It restores more mana than the instant one + 10 seconds of non casting regen. The best time to use it is right before he charges the ranged group. Just call out on vent you are going to channel a mana pot, step outside the range group, and channel. Should be good to go by the time he returns to the tanks. Your HPS was okay (31K), with a few more CoHs you could push it up to 33K. Make sure you pre cast renew on the group about to take cleave damage, and always keep it rolling on the tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

They mean you can cast more PoMs by taking Words of Mending because you are spam casting renew/CoH.
    This why wouldn't you use pom and words of mending ? it will help your healing a fair bit holy has a great toolkit alot more then just spamming coh and renew, make use of pom and lightwell, you did fine from what i saw also pom glyph is fine alot are using now even those in high ranked guilds, pom is very strong when used on CD give it a try.

You should use Surge of Light. It's free procs when you're spamming Renew / CoH.
    Try to stance/stance Serenity / Sanctuary. A HW: Serenity on the tank is always solid especially with SoL procs.

Try to use Power Infusion a little more than you did. On a 5:13 fight you should've gotten more use out of it. Definitely helps with mana for healing soak groups.
    Vyroxx @ Mal'Ganis

Deleted
    You also use DH at ~2:00. You really want to have DH for the <30% stage - I used it as a mana cooldown on the first bounding cleave (doesn't matter if a lot goes to overheal - you'll get benefit from the 10% buff and the EoL will help on the soakers for the cost of ~3 renews).

I really hate Solace as a spell, but I've been forcing myself to use it as well. I'm terrible at keeping it on CD and it still gave me 23k more mana on my kill over your mindbender - it makes a huge difference!

Also - yell at your hunters for Aspect of the Fox (they're not using it) and your mages for Amplify Magic (used once but not in the <30% where it's most helpful).
    Last edited by mmoc1a4393aa0b; 2014-12-12 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemi View Post
    Sorry but, how will using Words of mending allow me to cast more Renews / CoH ?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, how will using Words of Mending allow me to cast more Renews / CoH?
    Because you will be casting prayer of healing less which means u can cast many more renews/CoH.

I would also highly suggest to take Halo instead of Cascade for the butcher fight.
    Since you will be standing quite a distance away from the melee groups Halo is much more effective as a heal than cascade (which imo is better for on the move situations).

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Thanks for the feed back guys. Its been insightfull.

Any infomation on my play style in general across the other encounters?

Thanks again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prem View Post
    You also use DH at ~2:00. You really want to have DH for the <30% stage - I used it as a mana cooldown on the first bounding cleave (doesn't matter if a lot goes to overheal - you'll get benefit from the 10% buff and the EoL will help on the soakers for the cost of ~3 renews).

I really hate Solace as a spell, but I've been forcing myself to use it as well. I'm terrible at keeping it on CD and it still gave me 23k more mana on my kill over your mindbender - it makes a huge difference!

Also - yell at your hunters for Aspect of the Fox (they're not using it) and your mages for Amplify Magic (used once but not in the <30% where it's most helpful).
    I have weakauras for that. Essentially it keeps shouting 'PRESS THE FRAKKING BUTTON YOU FRAKKING MORON' visually at me until I press the frakking button.