Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I have never, and will never give a crap about what celebrities have to say.

To me, they are no more important than someone who is pumping my gas. They are there to entertain, I do not view them as spokes persons for issues with society.

'nuff said

/thread
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    All ducks can now drop items.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I have never, and will never give a crap about what celebrities have to say.

To me, they are no more important than someone who is pumping my gas. They are there to entertain, I do not view them as spokes persons for issues with society.
    Entirely derailing, but it still blows my mind that you can't pump your own gas in NJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because thin and sexy sells?
    Absolutely, but there is a fine line between thin and emaciated.

Because nobody cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post

Nobody thinks that's "Sexy" aside from fetishists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Entirely derailing, but it still blows my mind that you can't pump your own gas in NJ.
    And it is nearly the cheapest gas in the country to boot!

Think of that for a while. At a gas station which has a small store, in NJ there are generally 2-3 people working there at a time. 1-2 to pump gas, and 1 to tend to the store.

In other states, there is likely 1 guy there, who just tends the store and takes money for gas.

How is it cheaper to purchase gas from a place that has to pay more employees?

Who is getting the shaft here?

- - - Updated - - -

The thing that bothers me most about this picture is her eyes. She looks exhausted. That is how my eyes look when I get like 2 hours of sleep.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

How common is this actually?

It seems to me that I rarely encounter anyone with a serious eating problem other than over eating and it is getting quite the bit of media coverage already.

Because they're too busy telling parents that vaccines cause autism.

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    How common is this actually?

It seems to me that I rarely encounter anyone with a serious eating problem other than over eating and it is getting quite the bit of media coverage already.
    Not that common, though certain kinds of athletes and rape or abuse victims are more at risk.

http://www.anad.org/get-information/...rs-statistics/

• In a survey of 185 female students on a college campus, 58% felt pressure to be a certain weight, and of the 83% that dieted for weight loss, 44% were of normal weight.16
    Not all of them are going to develop an eating disorder, but you'll find a lot of people out there who think they need to lose weight, even though they're already at a healthy weight. Just not all of them act on it. However, people who feel like they have no control over their life sometimes try to take back some control by taking control of their weight.

Because anorexia isnt related to celebrities...
    But people already put it quite nicely already so no use in repeating what is said.

Culture of victimization, everyone is a victim of someone or something, its silly.
    Sometimes mental issues are just that, mental issues, not created by magazines or celebrities.

If you are a man you will more likely than not go to the gym, why? because most girls like a tonned body, you want to be desired so you do it, and hey bonus side, its healthy. (or the reverse)
    A girl see's most people prefer a slim/fit body, so they will do what it takes to get it, because they want to be desired, and hey bonus side, its healthy. (or the reverse)

This is a silly topic, those who dont care about being desired/healthy, or arent willing to put some effort to match general preference or have a developed body... its ok, their choice, but pretending that "society is a meanyhead" and dumbing faults while trying to stroke their egos is pointless, and many times more damaging.

People with body issues that result in anorexia have problems, and need help, not being victimized as if their problems were the result of some oppressive regime. There is a huge difference between anorexic body and a slim/fit body, you need to be blind not to see it or have some sort of body dysmorphia, which is the case with anorexia.
    Last edited by Kurioxan; 2014-12-13 at 02:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that common, though certain kinds of athletes and rape or abuse victims are more at risk.

http://www.anad.org/get-information/...rs-statistics/

Not all of them are going to develop an eating disorder, but you'll find a lot of people out there who think they need to lose weight, even though they're already at a healthy weight. Just not all of them act on it. However, people who feel like they have no control over their life sometimes try to take back some control by taking control of their weight.
    students survey eh. I guess 100% of 83% who "dieted for weight loss" was just not eating for a week, passing out and stuffing their stomach with food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it really isn't that meaningful of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Because thin and sexy sells?
    Only because capitalism is evil!!!!!
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    students survey eh. I guess 100% of 83% who "dieted for weight loss" was just not eating for a week, passing out and stuffing their stomach with food.
    A lot of girls yoyo diet, actually. Most aren't successful at actually losing weight, because a diet only goes so far when they practically never exercise. Then they get discouraged when they cheat, binge on junk food, and almost instantly gain back what little they did manage to lose.

Girls who genuinely are already at a healthy weight especially struggle, as the less you "need" to lose, the harder it is to burn through those last pounds.