Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm not really bothered. It stays active if you activate it whilst outdoors and then run indoors, so I can still use it to zoom around my mine (until a random mob spawns and I have to kill it), and I can still use it to get from mailbox to the AH and back again. The only real situation where you can't use it and it would be useful is in 5 mans, as in Highmaul most of it is outdoors, and in PvP you couldn't use it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    I'm not really bothered. It stays active if you activate it whilst outdoors and then run indoors, so I can still use it to zoom around my mine (until a random mob spawns and I have to kill it), and I can still use it to get from mailbox to the AH and back again. The only real situation where you can't use it and it would be useful is in 5 mans, as in Highmaul most of it is outdoors, and in PvP you couldn't use it anyway.
    That's just it though, you're still using the glyph as if nothing had changed (mainly due to the nerf being bugged). Once we have a raid that isn't primarily outdoors or they fix the glyph to dynamically adjust based on indoor vs outdoor, then the change will be pretty lame (and unnecessary as far as I've seen/read).

It's a minor thing, but then why remove it in the first place? It wasn't hurting anyone. lol

It was obvious that it was going to be removed. Never used it as I didn't want to waste money on it or get used to something that was clearly going to be removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    That's just it though, you're still using the glyph as if nothing had changed (mainly due to the nerf being bugged). Once we have a raid that isn't primarily outdoors or they fix the glyph to dynamically adjust based on indoor vs outdoor, then the change will be pretty lame (and unnecessary as far as I've seen/read).
    But then, I haven't experienced what it was like with the glyph in this future raid, so I'm not really losing anything. Its just as if it never existed. For the time being its cool, but will be less cool in the future. Sure, I'd love it to be like it was, but its not this massive deal that we should all stand up in arms about, and boycot Shaman until they fix it or something. People saying they are going to quit over this are massively over reacting.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Druids have the exact same glyph for our Travel Form, and Travel Form is outdoors only. Obvious this would be fixed.
    If by exact same you mean 10% faster, then yes, exact same. Numbers are hard I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

But then, I haven't experienced what it was like with the glyph in this future raid, so I'm not really losing anything. Its just as if it never existed. For the time being its cool, but will be less cool in the future. Sure, I'd love it to be like it was, but its not this massive deal that we should all stand up in arms about, and boycot Shaman until they fix it or something. People saying they are going to quit over this are massively over reacting.
    Honestly this isn't people over reacting this is the shaman class getting kicked while they're down. They took the time to nerf a fun glyph, that existed exactly the same way for over 6 months in alpha/beta mind you, rather than fix our glaring issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    Honestly this isn't people over reacting this is the shaman class getting kicked while they're down. They took the time to nerf a fun glyph, that existed exactly the same way for over 6 months in alpha/beta mind you, rather than fix our glaring issues.
    It is overreacting because its really not that big a deal. They have said they are aware of our issues, but that they are too big to deal with in the middle of a raid tier, which makes total sense. That doesn't mean they can't touch us at all in the meantime. I personally don't really understand the point in the nerf to the glyph, from my PoV it wasn't hurting anyone, so I'm not happy they changed it, but the reactions from some about it are blowing the issue way out of proportion.

It is overreacting because its really not that big a deal. They have said they are aware of our issues, but that they are too big to deal with in the middle of a raid tier, which makes total sense. That doesn't mean they can't touch us at all in the meantime. I personally don't really understand the point in the nerf to the glyph, from my PoV it wasn't hurting anyone, so I'm not happy they changed it, but the reactions from some about it are blowing the issue way out of proportion.
    What else was there as a shaman to look forward to this expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    What else was there as a shaman to look forward to this expansion?
    For us specifically, I'd say the expansion hasn't really brought anything massive. Our tier 100 talents are all a bit underwhelming (Liquid Magma is the coolest talent I think, and would be really fun, if it didn't break CC and pull mobs worse than a Hunter casting Barrage), but the content itself is pretty great.

Besides, I feel like these are two vastly different issues. If you feel like the lack of major change for Shaman (outside of Elemental, who got quite a lot of change, and Resto with the new healing meta) is making you want to quit/reroll, then I can understand that. However, this glyph being nerfed is such a tiny portion of that, its not really the same. The Glyph wasn't that great anyway. It was 'neat'. Keep things in proportion guys, or you end up skewing the perception of things and hiding what the real issues are.

For us specifically, I'd say the expansion hasn't really brought anything massive. Our tier 100 talents are all a bit underwhelming (Liquid Magma is the coolest talent I think, and would be really fun, if it didn't break CC and pull mobs worse than a Hunter casting Barrage), but the content itself is pretty great.

Besides, I feel like these are two vastly different issues. If you feel like the lack of major change for Shaman (outside of Elemental, who got quite a lot of change, and Resto with the new healing meta) is making you want to quit/reroll, then I can understand that. However, this glyph being nerfed is such a tiny portion of that, its not really the same. The Glyph wasn't that great anyway. It was 'neat'. Keep things in proportion guys, or you end up skewing the perception of things and hiding what the real issues are.
    Not a big issue but why do druids keep theirs, if there is time to nerf a shaman glyph. You would assume they have the time to look at druid glyphs aswell and bring them in line. A shaman ability always has to be worse or have a fucked up mechanic.

Bit offtopic: Shaman are receiving buff after buff now, guess why? Loads of shaman dumping the shitter shaman and rolling a class that did get attention thats why they noticed this glyph , they are looking at shaman . Something they should have done the last 6 months in beta. They fucked up so bad with shaman it's unreal, glad that shitter class is still 90

I am an ele shaman and most of the changes I saw for WoD were discouraging to say the least while I did understand the reasoning behind some of them. The ONLY positive I saw was this glyph. I pestered the scribes in my guild non stop till one of them got it.

With low damage and a lack of any kind of utility on the majority of mythic fights I genuinely felt guilty when I was brought in for our mythic Kargath and Twin Ogron kills. Losing one of (well for me, just THE) the only bright lights for elemental is certainly a blow to morale. It was especially disheartening when I was leveling a rogue alt to see that you could keep up 205% run speed while stealthed with 100% uptime.