Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Two examples: mushrooms are basically a waste of mana if only one target is taking damage, and LB can reasonably be ignored when healing heavy random damage if you can't find a GCD to reapply it.
    (incorrect math deleted)

The Lifebloom discussion we have had before; unless your tank is about to die like right now and you are Regrowth-spamming, Lifebloom's healing per global Cooldown is only beaten by Tranquility, Wild Mushroom, Wild Growth, and Cenarion Ward, all of which have cooldowns, so whenever you are GCD-capped, Lifebloom definitively should be cast, except under very special circumstances.

In Highmaul there's really no situation in any of the fights where Wild Mushroom and Lifebloom should not be kept up.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2015-01-13 at 01:10 AM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree with Teryx, sure they might drop off just before you're about to tranq but theres really no reaosn why you wouldn't want to keep LB up or mushroom down. I mean, sometimes I delay putting the shroom down if I know it will have to be moved anyway so theres no point wasting the initial mana for it but apart from that its usually down 24/7.

No doubt you are more experienced than I am at restore druid, so I will admit readily the possibility that I'm wrong, but I feel like its a bad idea telling people that mushrooms and LB are super important to keep up. I would avoid ambiguity by adding the cavaet that it only applies when you need them. Two examples: mushrooms are basically a waste of mana if only one target is taking damage, and LB can reasonably be ignored when healing heavy random damage if you can't find a GCD to reapply it. I'm not saying these situations should happen often, if at all, but some of the people we're talking to here are going to see 'keep up these spells at all times' and let someone die while reapplying LB, or go OOM using shrooms when they aren't needed.

Just my 2c and why I argue vehemently against tracking LB in that way. If it works for you, by all means, of course
    I absolutely am against any sort of set-in-stone "you must do this" rules when it comes to our class' healing. Above everything else use your judgement and do what you need to do. That being said, I have found that generally it is always a good idea to maintain these spells.

In our mythic progression runs, there is almost never too little damage to justify not having Lifebloom up on a tank. At 2451 h/s with an efficiency of 25 h/m, it is absolutely our strongest and cheapest HoT and when the tank is in danger of dying (in mythic, always), this should be up. In addition, you almost never are able to be liberal enough with mana to be able to justify not having it up for the free Regrowths and 20% bonus to Healing Touch's crit chance. Now, add to this the fact that it almost maintains itself by refreshing for free when hit by Regrowth or Healing Touch, thus not even costing a gcd, and it's easy how fundamental of a spell this is. Unfortunately, because of it's almost-but-not-quite self-maintaining nature, it's easy to not realize it drop off. Losing the single most powerful HoT you have on the tank, plus the benefits to HT crit chance it provides, plus the free Regrowths/HT it provides can be disastrous in any mythic difficulty encounter.

As for Wild Mushroom, let's consider it's numbers. Assuming it is only hitting one player, it restores 1686.7 h/s and an efficiency of 5.84 h/m. Compare this to Rejuv, which restores 1491 h/s at an efficiency of 8.87 h/m, and it is slightly more powerful with the caveat of being more expensive. Considering it only needs to be refreshed every 30 seconds, this is an additional healing that can be necessary and worth the cost in many encounters. Now, when you add in just one more player, Wild Mushroom gets crazy good. Very often this is the other tank that is swapping with the main tank, but just as commonly there is a melee dps that could use the healing. As you can see, even if only applied to the tank, Wild Mushroom easily justifies it's importance in very many situations. However, Wild Mushroom absolutely shines when used as a raid heal. Highmaul gives us very, very many opportunities to designate stack spots for the raid. Indeed, the majority of encounters should have ranged/melee stacking during many points in the fight as part of an efficient strategy. Take the numbers I quoted above from Wild Mushroom, multiply them by 3, and then consider that they are smart heals, and you can see how important of a spell it is. You just have to understand the fight and the movement involved for everyone.

Of course, I will repeat that I argue against any set-in-stone rules for healing. However, it is important to know your spells and understand their importance/uses very well in helping you make judgements about which spells to cast. For me, it was enough to justify spending the time to create this WeakAura, because I found them just that important.

In lesser difficulties, you have much more leeway and may be able to perform just fine without putting so much emphasis on making the most of each of your spells. In fact, you many not even see an improvement as there may simply not be any more damage to heal, thus being a meaningless waste of mana. In Mythic, there is always enough damage to justify micromanaging these spells, hence the reason I made these. They may be less necessary for players that play at other difficulties.

Nesaru, thank you, best string ever

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Lifebloom missing:

Code:
    d0tIeaGArKA9uPIDjk61uPmtufZvvmBL6XQQBkfoms3wKgMsANO0Ej7g0(ff8tuu)fQ(TKVjknurenyrHgoqDqr40ioMO6CQswiuAPuPklwkTCitJk5PuwgvL1rLknrvPmvuzYaMUIlsLQ6QIi8mQQUUuTrGyRIOAZuLTJI8DLOVkf1NPI5jIKrQkvJtjmAG04fr5KOQULuKRHcNhvPll8Cv2guSYfNmQ4KXdXlA3vLkJpCcKh9hp8)f8E4ZMC8gK7J)EGAXbj2T76UkvJStMVmxZ8vM5YsLbidqCY(1UqItS5cKSm85hdMvgm8)cZAUpxYRjg(fRFbYIfyy8A91cgUWGbdgF(Lxtm8RrgVm75DXiqyG5vwxR(EHjBogFlwKvEn5kRm6Fif8eNSBOOrCYakCNDTuyLbu4x1HacRmNDTe3drtdznhu3s0r0ZD5H4fT7QsZqgBqUJaDK5SRL40)qkOSd0APSR6qaz8HtG8O)4jbaaZW7P5G6wIoIEpncac9XQoe4EWsClEVqWmlhhzx1Ha4FqPqySL1GEtG0Or2GioobsCYUH(DdNa9kz)Qdhz1siZWnVcRminnWjqVsgTJOYaLaej2fmewzeitb6cHvMdQ6GX)vhoYYLbPPXjoXMlJhIx0URkvJSoKmYCqvhSmhu1bJ)RoCygCGOtHKLuAKnbtxTlK4eBUyZfRpXMlw)InxSUeBUgzaK7JIjWr1qhsbf7QmqdIdOJyDTkdvdDcHv2UOaItw)cCyWuGuRS)MEN4KDeOZoK9M7Le8FtJS(f4)n9oHvw)cC3PGHALDGJV4KDeOZoeRlnY6xGFGJVWkdv7qCYs77HionAK1Va)xPT0ryLHO)qCYs77HionA0ilLGqfsTYqHdPGC8coKr(fuw7oGankGqgwECF23KHQHoKck2vzuijLoKckozPucuCYgEbhYaJIlgzGrXfJmW99fA0iJaiJhIx0URkndzSb5oc0r2ejB6OqgF4eip6pEsaauW7P5G6wIoIEpjzTmqj6i61iai0NeDe9Es0r08Cz0(uQvwYy2Z7IrGWyDr21xyYU6YVFglY6tEnXyvgfaGmKcs34dI44eOtCAKbqUKUd)dHPqTYwsagqfRRvzWEkhI44eOtS5Yaih4nLx()ckJpCcKh9hp8)f8E4ZMC8gK7J)EGAXbj2T76UkvJmMeBUlFRAKa
    Mushroom Timer:

Code:
    daKPiaqEKY6Li0(LcxskrULkk7sIk)skrnmkQJPcwgf0ZOqMMuQRjPSnPK(MevnojsDokI1jrGdkrPfQkEifQjckDrKQ2iOWjPaZuIGUjOYoLWpbvnuKkwksLEk0uv0vLO4wRq1BLiAUsKCxPe2l5VGmyjvhwQwSu0JrYKv4YO2SK8zQ0OvLoTsVgu0SvPBRQ2nv9BedNkE4kuwoLEUOPlCDGTtr67QiJxfvFvfY6GMc7AQqyk0WYzUCMuUdc)chchAk8C4RQsoemATTzJQv7qBdRzOzZhA3QQoRDnH0GVQk5qWOwRMysPB9qPnQMjgzsPn6GQoRDnH85oD)GhQPWKVv0HS(q4d8Zj8WvcPhgtH9XyJL47xOWUUUSn1uHql7Ue)KMdl01saoc9G)0UUUSnvXbHxsFOPql5YAk8dUXQPcfkeUdHLewlyhTOr9J27OrD4a5RLq(nQ3YnQtFv1LOqiLMQ4GMcd766YwnfMeGLIb(ne6C70yRqqYqbj4Fr)Z6riizOGe8FsZH1JW0HV3I(NfE0EhnQdhiFTeYxyqZHfMrpaPqGNnL9HWoiichaBpwIxOrMfgKG)f9pl8O9oAuhoq(AjKVq2u2hcNKG)cdsW)jnhwfheMGMSPSpqqv1EUqiJlloHWYySX0JOqqYqPdFVf9pRhHuGmiFO3DWcJ9ZdHGKHscWsXa)g6riiziGFd9OqOJL4A5mPJLP2CjEvywyfXhcrJNnQppzm7HBk8Lx33qf1ml8s6dnfcsgI62ZupcTKlRPWp4gRMkuieKmu6Wu6ry6WuAkmxV7LvrBfcPU9m1uyUE3llew6wgdGvHcHveFGBjYQWW2chB6C70WOtbZuyl5i0YUlXpP5WcxkIxifHChKtE1uyFm2yj((fkSRRlBtnviChcljSwWoArJ6WbYxlH8fsd(QQKdvCMrMnl80oIxvuZSqp4pTRRlBtvCq4ytNBNMbueVqdkM0txyuwJPVugym8fyPgwWoG6n37g0GoT3XhKVwc5d1fMrNcMjDiRpe(a)CcpCkuHHAke4d766YwnfMeGLIb(neIVh74vrkmjalfleF3QifcsgkDyQTAPGgCga)g6riizOKaSuSAke43qOZTtJTcbjdn4m0JWbNHWJ27OrD4a5RLq(cbjdLeGLIb(nutHGKHgCga)g6riiziGFd9ieKmu6WuB1sbLeGLIb(n0JWbNbWVHq89yhVksfc7(93JL41u4VVEnfg0CyHowo5qOJLtoeMVDyYkuimSRRlB1uysawkg43qi(ESJxfPWKaSuSqHGKHwVPSnz9i0Y)(6xVRqJmlmbnztzFqhlxTNlSmfgmHG1a6HviizOGe8VO)z9iCaS9yjEHgzwiizOGe8FsZH1JqkqgKp07oyHX(5HqqYqw(3x)6D1JqqYqjbyPyGFd1uiWZMY(qyheeHGKHscWsXQPWGe8FsZHvXbHSPSpeojb)fgKG)f9pl8O9oAuhoq(AjKVW0HV3I(NfE0EhnQdhiFTeYxiizO0HV3I(N1JWe0KnL9bcQQ2ZfkeKmu6WuB1sbLeGLIb(n0JqqYqdodGFd1uiiziGFd9imO5WcZOhGuHWxEDFdvuZSWlPp0uiiziQBpt9i0sUSMc)GBSAQqHqqYqPdtPhHPdtPPWC9UxwfTvieKmef53Sh6ri1TNPMcZ17EzHWs3YyaSkuiSI4dClrwfgAw4ytNBNggDkyMcBjkHw2Dj(jnhw4sr8c3HWscRfSJw0OoCG81si)g1HLtN(jVWm6uWmPdz9HqJPVyspDf2PIL4tnfMr3gAkCqGCVKt6rO7LCcQY2)SWJ4omllW2ZsqjH1c2rlAuhoq(AjKFJ6WYPt)Kx4GarbYG8vtHUxYjOovSeVW8LCsHcH9XyJL47xOWUUUSn1uHWZHVQk5qfNv(YzIrMys7dTn3QH1eEAhXRkQzwOh8N211LTPkoiKg8vvjhcgNvZWYx(wRvZWY3A7AgvAtmRQZA3w4ytNBNMbueVqdkM0txyuwJPVugym8fyPgwWoG6n37g0GoT3XhKVwc5d1fsri3b5KxnvOqOPQ4qBdnRqca
    I fixed your LB string so it tracks whether you are targeting the LB target or not:
    Code:
    d4tWgaGAvfP1JuHDjk51QQ63QmtKQMluz2k62uXnvv50q(Mq9mLYovO9s2nI9lOYpbfdJIACuj)vidvqvdwukdhPCqrQPjIJjW5avlKk1sfuyXqvlNQojO0tr9yKSoKkAIkvmvqMSQmDPUOQI4QQkQll56kzJkvTvrPQndLTRQW3fjFvPsFMcZtqrJuqPdtPrlkgpsLUKOu5wcY1OiNxvPNdSmfSnr1kqqIbIhYYCwWZYLyhXpXpbjMUWGHbQw7dLehKeBEloyijaURe4clusI4VWGHbQw7d5kiFio2vEaCtX5Bb5clusSyFzGoc0xAL43xI1brz4VfnXGAIf(drAXqWeEXPqVoJ2hhVnyojb(g8n4MmhpiSqjXIjlhipYWO8angiotHmY0AFC82G588KGKHTatMgewOKyXONy6ryf(5DoINN9jiXlqfrnTaG42VkX(BwcsSZA2ibPwT42olsliXoRzJeKA1I9wQsqIDwZgji1QftnTaGGedqeJzjENW4ZWUJA1Il6sZsE1tUvlMsqAmqqI)cdggOATpKP4T8HCxbd5ddjBUCjSqj5ITun6iabjg0wFliXVlYyEPKBXVlcClYt4fBmVuryERtjE3Y(p9YBb0j9iSc)8oNWLTFiaarmeBmVurwQgDeXGmxkXGBrEIHL0LhZsv4s)EWqa42TS)tV8waUF1dzXX3I8a4CJ(xH98KSoddXGBrEruzSesnf)Zc6YRwmgIGazeK43fzmVuYT43fbUf5j3InMxQimV1PeVBz)NE5Ta6KEewHFENt4Y2peaGigIb3I8edlPlpMLQWL(9GHaWTBz)NE5TaC)QhYIJVf5bW5g9Vc75jzDggInMxQilvJoIyqMlLA1ITeKJTrhrqIDSiIGe3FPvIP5lq1IP5lq1IPTMGsTAXThzyuEbjg0wQ)ric2jM6wKw8LIadz(vUftSoveIGDITlVvCg0Rsppsj3In83Iwe1TiT4aXg(BrlI6wKggAL32NxCykMAb6Zjkd6vIBKt9eJiFuEqj3IjwNsm9iSc)8ohXeRtbeKgdetpcRWpVZrT4fb1IDwZgPwCxFaU55fKgd0yGgh0yGg30yGgt0yGAX(RTn6iA0S4mfYitR9XXBdMZ3IhG7kohUl4clusSy)12UKBXZZ(eK4fOIi1hLx4f32zrAbj2znBKGuRwm10cacsmarmML4DcJpd7oQfVave10caYT4fOIOJJucVyaTIsqIbiIXS0yIAXlqfbOvuYTyVLQeKyN1SrcsTAXlqfrDo4TTCl2FZsqIDwZgji1Qvlg7inJOJsJbXIFiaTP9l3wQ)aXzhnXoiV)8cVyFzGoc0xALye1reJFwK3V7vIDt)NmUJ4hcq5RUI8xBB0r0OzXpe4txeQg9rj8IPlmyyGQ1yOH8TSsCnapWCGP8btI7IU9YxIHL0LhZsv4s)EhbGB3Y(p9YBb4c)LQ8PxEl4x9qwCPxElax6L3gei2U6t4fJEIPhHv4N35eUS9dbaiIHy77HA0rSZO2JmmkpqqQfNc96mAFC82G5Ke4BW3GBYCUlHfkjwm1npVG0yG2hBAylp3SjtBWZnhmKiSqM204M27YvUj4MH7YusEEE(WMWczAtTyYYbYJmmkpqJbIFiaTP9lSuhrmSKU8ywQchSuhbGd2XSp6hcqff2YJpAFnXppa4CuRw8hAmizWSAja

Quote Originally Posted by Gailiuga View Post
    Nesaru, thank you, best string ever
    I'm glad I could help =)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weird, I don't need to be targeting anyone for it to appear. (That would be kinda pointless :P)
    Last edited by Hypasonic; 2015-01-13 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesaru View Post
    I'm glad I could help =)
    Seriously; this string is gorgeous and so functional. I had something that was similar to this already, but this is SO much cleaner and better overall. Thank you! <3

Signature by Shyama!

Thanks for sharing your strings. Personally I am using circle (rune) textures that pop up right on top of my raid-frames with the specific purpose to annoy the h*ll out of me. Thanks to the code by Nesaru I could turn my simple on/off symbols into "warn me before it wears off ones". Practice will have to tell whether this makes a difference, especially since Lifebloom is shown on healer raid-frames anyway.

PS: Inside the circles I am using symbols for on-use trinkets (like Burning Candle).

PPS: How many posts do I need to do until I can post images to demonstrate my UI?
    Last edited by Weissrolf; 2015-01-15 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    Gonna test Nesarus string in tonights raid

I don't need any timers and I don't consider mushrooms to be an "all time up" spell that needs to nag me. So I only use symbols and flashing/pulsing to remind me when Harmony and Lifebloom are about to expire or not running. Mushrooms are shown only when they are *active* and about to expire. Unfortunately I cannot post images or links yet, so cannot share.

Question for Nesaru's strings though: I use mouseovers to cast my spells, and if I use a mouseover lifebloom cast it won't track it on your WA string, it will only work when you select that player. Any way to work around that?

EDIT: Never mind, works fine in a raid setting, cheers!
    Last edited by Zapharia; 2015-01-15 at 01:14 PM.

So now that I am over the fluff post counter. This is what my Resto auras look like:

Additionally I am using symbols inside those circles to show on-use trinkets (candle).

And here the import code for WA2: http://pastebin.com/kmMA4YaD

Quote Originally Posted by Zapharia View Post
    Question for Nesaru's strings though: I use mouseovers to cast my spells, and if I use a mouseover lifebloom cast it won't track it on your WA string, it will only work when you select that player. Any way to work around that?

EDIT: Never mind, works fine in a raid setting, cheers!
    You beat me to helping you out! Glad it worked well for you =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nesaru View Post
    Sorry on my guild's forums the Spoiler tag is collapsible. I fixed it as soon as I saw monstrosity I posted =)
    Sorry to necro, but this is a really sweet looking tracker. Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    So now that I am over the fluff post counter. This is what my Resto auras look like:
    how many posts does it have to be?

Well I mean it's not free; it costs (some) mana and a gcd.
    No it doesn't. Put up lifebloom up before the pull and you should never need to cast it again, unless switching it between tanks. Use OoC RG's to refresh it, which is a free heal with a cast time (meaning it actually has a net positive effect on mana). Essentially, this means that lifebloom actually GIVES you mana over the course of the fight, since that GCD and cast time of every free RG has no mana cost, where that GCD would've cost mana with nearly any other healing spell.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!