Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So DC needs the federal government to provide funds for the city to legalize a drug that the federal government considers illegal... yeah that is stupid and DC is stupid for expecting that to happen.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    DC is ultimately run by the federal government. This guy put a rider in a very important bill to stop the implementation of what was voted for in DC. The bill is so important that there isn't really anyone willing to fight on this one.
    I believe one of the stances states take is the state/local officers don't have to enforce federal law, so police don't have to arrest you for possession/usage, but the Feds can withhold funding. DC would be different because I think DC police are Feds.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    So DC needs the federal government to provide funds for the city it to legalize a drug that the federal government considers illegal... yeah that is stupid and DC is stupid for expecting that to happen.
    They weren't asking for federal funds as far as I can tell. They didn't need anything from the feds. This guy just decided to block them for his donors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    I believe one of the stances states take is the state/local officers don't have to enforce federal law, so police don't have to arrest you for possession/usage, but the Feds can withhold funding. DC would be different because I think DC police are Feds.
    Yeah I'm not sure. In the end though this really just serves to highlight the injustice facing those living in DC. They overwhelmingly want this and some asshole that none of them even voted for says no.

Deleted
    So DC needs the federal government to provide funds for the city it to legalize a drug that the federal government considers illegal... yeah that is stupid and DC is stupid for expecting that to happen.
    A drug less dangerous than alcohol.....do you remember the one stoned dude getting intoxicated and lashing out against random people?

Or do you know any canabis consumer who had to get clinical support for his cannabis withdrawal?

The only reason why there is bias is because old white men draft the laws.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-12-12 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    I like what Maher said, pot legalization 'the new gay marriage'.
    I support legalization, but the two issues could not be more dissimilar.

They weren't asking for federal funds as far as I can tell. They didn't need anything from the feds. This guy just decided to block them for his donors.
    The Prison Industrial Complex?

What happened to state's right man? I mean, Local government is best suited for governing than federal government, so why is the federal government putting its nose in areas where it doesn't belong man?

Jesus, its almost like weed isn't a issue about the size of government, but something else.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I wonder what it is, if it isn't the size of government.

Oh well, it's a complete mystery and we'll never know it.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

DC is ultimately run by the federal government. This guy put a rider in a very important bill to stop the implementation of what was voted for in DC. The bill is so important that there isn't really anyone willing to fight on this one.
    Um.. he's basically being paid by this company to affect legislation that benefits them, is he not? Why is he not under investigation/ being arrested?

If this was the UK he'd be out on his ass, and possibly in jail.

I'm sorry but from what I understand pretty much the entire american government is corrupt.. and everyone knows it, but feels it's perfectly acceptable.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2014-12-12 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    It's metaphorical of course.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    "In addition, the legislation maintains a longstanding provision prohibiting federal and local funds
    from being used for abortion in the District of Columbia, and prohibits both federal and local
    funds from being used to implement a referendum legalizing recreational marijuana use in the
    District."

http://appropriations.house.gov/uplo...ss_summary.pdf

From that wording I think DC was expecting federal funds to legalize a drug the federal government considers illegal. But it also includes local. Then again the reality is that any money they spend on it just means them asking for more elsewhere.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    The Prison Industrial Complex?
    Pharma. 10char.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Not really I think in terms of civil libertys the scale is bigger for cannabis as recreational substance making people feel better about their life.

While sexuality and love might be the more basic needs the punishment for cannabis is even more disproportional.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Um.. he's basically being paid by this company to affect legislation that benefits them, is he not? Why is he not under investigation/ being arrested?
    Because doing things your donors want over what voters want isn't illegal. And when they're not even people who can vote you out there's zero consequence.

In the end though this really just serves to highlight the injustice facing those living in DC. They overwhelmingly want this and some asshole that none of them even voted for says no.
    Democracy in action!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    Democracy in action!
    Were I a more hopeful man I'd have my fingers crossed for some tea partiers protesting taxation without representation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    A drug less dangerous than alcohol.....do you remember the one stoned dude getting intoxicated and lashing out against random people?

Or do you know any canabis consumer who had to get clinical support for his cannabis withdrawal?

The only reason why there is bias is because old white men draft the laws.
    Besides being racist and ageist what is the point of this post? DC is the location of the Federal government, which has weed illegal, the idea that the federal government is going to let the nation's capital openly defy federal law is just silly.

Old generation abusing the system. What else is new.

Next on fox news
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Pharma. 10char.
    But, but, it pays to jail weed smokers, since marijuana is still technically illegal.

I'm not sure why big pharma would feel threatened over what is essentially a herbal supplement (I think)?

- - - Updated - - -

Besides being racist and ageist what is the point of this post? DC is the location of the Federal government, which has weed illegal, the idea that the federal government is going to let the nation's capital openly defy federal law is just silly.
    That reminds me, we should impeach President Obama for flouting the law and supporting gay marriage and weed legalization back when it was still illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If this was the UK he'd be out on his ass, and possibly in jail.
    Welcome to America!

I'm sorry but from what I understand pretty much the entire american government is corrupt.. and everyone knows it, but feels it's perfectly acceptable.
    No, pretty much everyone hates it. It's just basically impossible to change.

Deleted
    Besides being racist and ageist what is the point of this post?
    To claim that People have a negative seletive bias against things they don't statistically consume themself is how a discrimination?

Or more prcise a positive bias to not discriminate against the substances they consume themself.
    There is zero rationallity involved hence it's bias on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    But, but, it pays to jail weed smokers, since marijuana is still technically illegal.

I'm not sure why big pharma would feel threatened over what is essentially a herbal supplement (I think)?
    I'm not sure that DC uses private prisons. Weed is a low cost pain/nausea medication with no serious side effects that can be grown in a spare room. Why would Pharma not hate that?