What's the item called to add extra socket to bracers in this expansion?

What's the item called?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is one
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

gear only has a chance to roll sockets currently, no item or guarantee

10+ Year Old Account
    All combat bonuses were removed from professions..
    Blacksmithing's combat bonus was sockets (i.e. extra gems), hence it was removed..

Professions are dead now, since it's not worth the resources to level them anymore..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Well enchanting and jewelcrafting as still useful imo. But not as a money maker. More as a convenience that you won't have to go to the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by treekush View Post
    What's the item called?
    There isn't any. If your item hasn't rolled a socket when it dropped, well, you won't have a socket on that item, sorry.

Deleted
    JC is pretty good gold though given the rare gems costing 3k+ on my server. But no I would say professions are pretty irrelevant as of now due to the massive income with garrison mats. I kinda do like engineering nitro boosts though to run back faster after a raid wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Blacksmithing's combat bonus was sockets (i.e. extra gems), hence it was removed..

Professions are dead now, since it's not worth the resources to level them anymore..
    What a stupid thing to say. If you really think professions are useless then you're absolutely doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    What a stupid thing to say. If you really think professions are useless then you're absolutely doing it wrong.
    I think you need more into the context of this thread. Professions no longer have perks. As such the profession itself offers no benefit other then the profession. If you do not have a profession at all you'll be just fine. Professions have had perks since the beginning of WoW. For example, Blacksmith had items that you could only make and use if you were a Blacksmith. Now even that has gone down the drain or made unimportant. Seems pretty useless to me.

To come back to how you "read into the context": Ofcourse professions aren't useless. As a Blacksmith I am making a lot of epic quality gear for myself. This is great. Also love being an enchanter. It makes my life easier.

Deleted
    I love having the best power: money.. well gold in this case.

You can buy another man's work quite easily.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

That's pretty funny, seems like I make 10-20k worth of profit on every crafting toon every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Didacticus Syntacticus View Post
    That's pretty funny, seems like I make 10-20k worth of profit on every crafting toon every week.
    That will drop dramatically soon due to demand already being almost gone. And 10-20k a week is next to nothing for a lot of people to the point its probably not worth having a profession. My alts don't have them and probably won't get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercarcher View Post
    That will drop dramatically soon due to demand already being almost gone. And 10-20k a week is next to nothing for a lot of people to the point its probably not worth having a profession. My alts don't have them and probably won't get them.
    10-20k is next to nothing for most players? Most players never have more than a few k.

More gold is always useful, and most people don't have any.

Deleted
    Alchemy still gives double flask duration, so that's pretty sweet (for convenience) :P

Engineering has repair bots, mailbox etc...

10-20k is next to nothing for most players? Most players never have more than a few k.

i assume most people don't sell every white item they pick up in wod, they will sell on the AH. granted i assume most people don't sell those things, so there's a glut on the supply side of things, but it was not hard to make 10k gold leveling up to 100 in wod spending no time farming anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    i assume most people don't sell every white item they pick up in wod, they will sell on the AH. granted i assume most people don't sell those things, so there's a glut on the supply side of things, but it was not hard to make 10k gold leveling up to 100 in wod spending no time farming anything.
    Most players spend their gold as they earn it. I did too, for years, until I became a cheap bastard while simultaneously deliberately trying to farm gold out of the AH. Eventually, spending no gold on anything for myself became kind of a habit (and a while after that, I had enough gold that I COULD spend it on myself).

That's how come most people are broke even though it's easy to make gold. It's just as easy to spend it. Ask some pro athletes about that.

Anyway, point is, professions aren't nerfed at all; they're very powerful this expansion. It's cheap to make gear for yourself OR to make it for other players. When 530-540 gears are going for 5k in 2-4 weeks people will still be making a huge profit on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    They removed it, it used to be a blacksmithing thing. It was called 'Socket Bracer'.

i'm pretty sure between daily/garrison missions/vendoring salvage on 5 chars i make at least 20k a week. haven't actually kept track as i started this expansion with 522k.