Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Kalista actually this good?

I just came back from a few months off. I practiced a few times against bots because I'm a baddie. Once I felt good, I went into pvp. My first game we started losing to a fed talon. I was down in damage to him and just couldn't do much. The game kept going and with my Galio partner, I ended with 3 quadra kills and an 11 kill streak to end it. I am a bad League player, so this game felt good to me. Is Kalista actually as good as she seemed or did I just have a really good game with her?

Ended 18/7/14

She's basicly like Draven, in a sense that she is a purely skill based adc. She can do a fuckton of damage, and kite/chase like a monster, if you know how to play her. As for how good she is compared to other adc's: no clue. She hasn't been out long enough, people don't know how to play him properly yet, people don't know the 100% optimal build for her + they just changed her E.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergar View Post
    She's basicly like Draven, in a sense that she is a purely skill based adc. She can do a fuckton of damage, and kite/chase like a monster, if you know how to play her. As for how good she is compared to other adc's: no clue. She hasn't been out long enough, people don't know how to play him properly yet, people don't know the 100% optimal build for her + they just changed her E.
    Well I'm definitely a fan of her. It was the most fun game of my League career (as limited as it is). With more practice, I think she could be my main one day.

Deleted
    Nope. She is not that good. She is not bad but I would say there are way better ADC's right now. I have played a couple of games with her and it is fun as hell to kite them around and rip them to pieces with your Rend. But her ultimate feels very meh if you are not duo with the support.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Nope. She is not that good. She is not bad but I would say there are way better ADC's right now. I have played a couple of games with her and it is fun as hell to kite them around and rip them to pieces with your Rend. But her ultimate feels very meh if you are not duo with the support.
    Well as a very casual player I was playing with a random support and we were able to coordinate well. I just told him that I would initiate the fights so he saved his abilities until after I threw him. I'm not saying she's the best, but she worked well for me, especially late game.

She can be really good if you have a team built with her in mind... That means actually having a front line and a support that knows what they are doing. It was very easy to pull off double, triple and quadra kills with a combination of rend and pierce.

Not sure how she is right now due to the rend changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised about how much damage we were able to pull of at level 3 as Taric+Kalista. Total smackage
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

she is not good. no real escapes, her ult doesnt actually do any damage compared to every other adc. late game her stacks take too long to pile on to make any difference. she is only good against champions like garen and darius who dont have any gap closers but every champion does

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thejm View Post
    she is not good. no real escapes, her ult doesnt actually do any damage compared to every other adc. late game her stacks take too long to pile on to make any difference. she is only good against champions like garen and darius who dont have any gap closers but every champion does
    There is a lot of ADCs with no real escapes. Her ult isn't supposed to do any damage (and barely takes any time to use, because all lies on the shoulders of tethered player). She doesn't really need stacks in late game because, well, it's an ADC, in late game all ADCs hit like a truck, and if she manages to actually stack spears on someone, it's usually 300 armour and 4k health Mundo. She is good against any champion without spammable gap closer (and there is a lot of them by the way), for everything else - you have tethered player.

Again, her power is in her laning phase and in coordiantion with tethered player. Amount of burst we can do on lane when i play with my wife reminds me of when we started playing LoL Taric+Graves pre-nerfs. So fucking awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I think people just haven't given her enough time, there was a massive gap where Lucian was considered nothing special then he became the most IMBA FP adc we've seen in awhile.

her mobility is strong because of passive. i think she might works great

I've really enjoyed her in Poro King. I just hope she is competitive in 5's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    From what I've seen and read she isn't as good as some people are claiming to be. You have to play out of your mind if you want to be on par with the other ad atm. Other ad still blow her out of the water dmg speaking

Deleted
    I think she is very strong but if u miss ur q the other adc can kill u easy. Her e is annoying cause it deals massive dmg if he hit 2 or 3 times

10+ Year Old Account
    She falls into the same lines as Lee Sin, Yasuo, and Riven. Some people have a mentality that works really well with her mechanics and can use her well. People who don't have that grasp, usually because of how they move about (very carefully watch how streameres move and click and compare it to your own if you don't understand this) not matching those mechanics, need to struggle through a really steep learning curve, and because they're champions based on those mechanics the learning curve is pretty brutal.

As for how good she is... eh.. she's "good," she has strengths, but other champions fit in better. What I mean:

Both ashe and varus are better support adc's, ashe because she has a more reliable and much more long distance stun that's so many times better as well as a vision that can pop over walls (kalista's basically takes the place of shoddy warding and/or poor team communication), and varus because his ult has a wider spread, his poke has more damage, and he has a more reliable slow that is aoe so it can hinder chases.

Vayne, Ezrael, and Caitlyn are better at kiting while staying in the fight. Caitlyn has her range, which is absolutely huge for a good Caitlyn, not to mention a full stop cc trap along with a slow and back. Ezrael is good at kiting because his damage while kiting is so high. Chasing an Ezrael is very dangerous, because at every point you have to remember that if he turns the tide, he can chase you down, and barring some champs there's nothing you can do to get away. Vayne has a stealth and roll, which are more reliable, as well as the fact that Vayne is just that dangerous. These champions are strong kiters not only because they can get away, but the threat they pose while doing it. Kalista's range is short, which means that while a good kalista can keep distance, that margin of disaster is a lot more risky. She can't skirt around fights whittling at the tank until the cooldowns have been blown and she can go full ham; she has to get involved in a high risk manner to contribute meaningfully.

Pure damage: She doesn't have the damage aspect of draven, kogmaw, corki, or vayne. Not much to compare there.

Basically, she's a decent, well rounded champion.. but her kiting style is high risk with medium award when you get into the 5v5s, and it is just far too easy to shut her down.

Kalista is just like most ADCs, if someone good is at the helm and they got a decent support they'll roll over everyone, she's the current flavor of the month so she just seems op, but not that long ago jinx was at the top and everyone thought she was broken also

Deleted
    yeap she is beast when played properly

Deleted
    When she was first released I wasn't a fan of her, I felt her damage was lackluster and her passive was a pain to get used to. Tried her recently after seeing some of the builds people have nailed down (Specifically rushing Runaan's Hurricane and maxing E first) and she has so much potential. People can really underestimate her damage output.

IE build is lackluster but Hurricane/BT build is pretty disgusting. She proved that today in LCS and guarantee she'll be a regular ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    IE build is lackluster but Hurricane/BT build is pretty disgusting. She proved that today in LCS and guarantee she'll be a regular ban.
    I was trying to point this out and everyone was like "Nah man you can just lock her down", well fuck you can lock any ADC down if they misposition. My point was that Kalista is really fucking broken and nobody fucking agreed until Sneaky played her.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2015-02-01 at 09:10 PM.
    Hey everyone