10+ Year Old Account

Loot distribution addon/website?

I am looking for an add-on or even a website that will help with gear distribution.

Ideally, I’d like to input my raid’s classes and specs, in an interface and it would spit out a spreadsheet/list of each drop in HM and to which member should it go to first, second, third and so on. Is there such an app, or anything similar that could help?

I appreciate the input/advise.

Why on earth would you do this?

You'd have to place a lot of trust in an addon programmer to:
    1) Know what specs have what prio's
    2) You'd need to constantly update it. That mage with the 630 legs that was top prio for an upgrade now has 660 conquest legs. Oops you didn't update the app and it still gave them to him over the 640 warlock.
    3) The app would need to be dynamic to understand how you want to handle point 2.

I just see it being a clusterfuck.

EPGP in combination with the EPGP lootmaster addon is what you're looking for. Very convenient loot distribution that gives you all the info you need in a nice overview window when distributing loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im really glad I am in a guild where rolling need/greed works, even with 30 people in the raid. Need for mainspec, greed for offspec/small upgrade(Like same ilvl but better stats).
    Cerunnir - Frost/Blood Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    EPGP in combination with the EPGP lootmaster addon is what you're looking for. Very convenient loot distribution that gives you all the info you need in a nice overview window when distributing loot.
    This is pretty much the best answer you'll receive here. However in the long run I do believe in need or greed aswell but my guild is currently running master loot/loot council to funnel gear to our best players (I've never been a happier player )

My guild used to use a custom made zero sum attendance and DKP system for our raids. With personal loot in WoD all of that headache just goes away. If your group is comfortable with it, I really do recommend it. It is unbiased and lets you completely forget about loot and all the hassle and time that comes with managing a distribution system for it.

Personal loot is by no means the most efficient (correct me if I'm wrong) in terms of item quantity, so if you are more hardcore and looking for efficiency it may not be for you. But otherwise it has really taken a lot of weight off my guilds officers, letting us just play.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you said it should go to first, second, third what priority system are we looking at here? Because that could cause some issues in regarding the ordering.

Take for example a 670 piece that drops in Heroic Highmaul - Let's say you have two people who want it. One has would be replacing a 630 blue and another is replacing a 645 epic. Assuming that they are equal in stat value for both, whom would the drop go to? Does their performance/attendance factor into determining who is rewarded with the drop?

Lots of different subjective rules here that would need to be clarified.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    To have and addon automatically do everything is impossible, just cant code LUA like that otherwise every raid leader would be a happy panda. EPGP will let people press a button if they need it, the loot master will then see who needs it and what item they are replacing it with so it will still be personal judgment. Right now we're doing that manually by linking in chat what we have and the loot master will then distribute the loot.

About personal loot though, it works in random groups as LFD or LFR where a basic roll system would never work as people dont give a crap about eachother as they are, randoms. But in organized raiding I believe master looter will ALWAYS be the best decision unless you play hardcore and everyone know who the loot should go to where you can use need or greed.