Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorefel View Post
    Well, Noxe is one of the leaders, so it's obvious he needed to be there. And yes, there are fights where rogues do no suck completely. Still worse than other melees you could bring, though...
    Actually Noxe wasn't even in for Mar'gok. I will admit that Smootie and Perfecto were, though. Thing to keep in mind is that you can't always stack classes that well at this point in the expansion. Have to generally go with what you have at your disposal. Foundry is where you'll see real drops in Rogues if changes aren't quick in coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    Actually Noxe wasn't even in for Mar'gok. I will admit that Smootie and Perfecto were, though. Thing to keep in mind is that you can't always stack classes that well at this point in the expansion. Have to generally go with what you have at your disposal. Foundry is where you'll see real drops in Rogues if changes aren't quick in coming.
    Most raiding Rogue's will have a back up plan (class) for Blackrock Foundry. If there aren't any changes between now and then, then Rogue's will most definitely find a comfy spot on every raiding guilds bench.

Start gearing your favorite alt...just in case. At this point the developers are clueless and think we're just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol go feral or monk, they are killin' it! Also if more people leave the class, maybe Blizzard will attempt to fix the rogues, then those of us who are still braving the rogue front can celebrate and remember those who switched for a better cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Escapes View Post

Start gearing your favorite alt...just in case. At this point the developers are clueless and think we're just fine.
    The normal mode heroes who spout that we're fine because rogues can top damage in their raid and the general hate for rogues does not help us, either.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2014-12-15 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    The normal mode heroes who spout that we're fine because rogues can top damage in their raid and the general hate for rogues does not help us, either.
    I really doubt blizzard listens to people like that when it comes to balance.

I'll be gearing my ret on the side pre-foundry just in case.
    Last edited by threads; 2014-12-16 at 12:41 AM.

Deleted
    Other than Noxe didnt play on their Mar'gok kill, sure...

We'll be fine!
    Just have faith and all will be good, maybe experiment more with talents and perks. I've always had a spot in the guild I was in because I adapted well to FOTM specs.

If you really want to switch, Enhancement Shamans look really nice now (and good in almost all current pve stuff)

10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is.... the sooner people stop playing their rogues, the sooner they'll get buffed... So yes,
    Everyone please switch to their favourite alts

OT: I'm currently Liking my rogue, and will not stop playing it just because It's under performing compared to the fotm classes/specs.
    I really don't think it matters unless you're in the top 1-2% of all guilds pushing serious progression...
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Doing more dps is always better. The quicker the boss dies, the less mechanics you have to deal with and the lower chance you have to wipe.

Its a myth that it doesn't matter for lower end guilds. And people in low end rogues will eventually reroll as well - it will just take them longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    All I know is.... the sooner people stop playing their rogues, the sooner they'll get buffed... So yes,
    Everyone please switch to their favourite alts

OT: I'm currently Liking my rogue, and will not stop playing it just because It's under performing compared to the fotm classes/specs.
    I really don't think it matters unless you're in the top 1-2% of all guilds pushing serious progression...
    Pretty sure lots of people outside of top 1% enjoy seeing big numbers. Putting in effort with little reward isn't fun for anyone.

Holy shit, you guys are acting like rogues are barely scraping out an existence this tier, when we're actually doing quite well.

You're probable the same people who fawn over the Simulationcraft results every week and think those numbers are a literal representation of what you will see on every boss in the raid. News flash: there is no such thing as a target dummy boss. Even the Butcher has mechanics.

"Oh noes, Paragon didn't have a rogue in the raid for their world-first kill on boss 'X'! Rogues must suck! I'm rerolling!"

Give me a break. If that's the standard you're going to hold an entire class to, be prepared to reroll with every new world-first kill. If your damage isn't up to par in your raids, then perhaps you should take a look at yourself as a player, instead of pulling the "my class sucks" card.

Of course, this thread won't be up to it's usual rogue-hating standards until Nalira posts. Considering the fact he's still raiding as a rogue, they must not be all that bad.
    Last edited by OneSent; 2014-12-18 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    Holy shit, you guys are acting like rogues are barely scraping out an existence this tier, when we're actually doing quite well.

You're probable the same people who fawn over the Simulationcraft results every week and think those numbers are a literal representation of what you will see on every boss in the raid. News flash: there is no such thing as a target dummy boss. Even the Butcher has mechanics.

"Oh noes, Paragon didn't have a rogue in the raid for their world-first kill on boss 'X'! Rogues must suck! I'm rerolling!"

Give me a break. If that's the standard you're going to hold an entire class to, be prepared to reroll with every new world-first kill. If your damage isn't up to par in your raids, then perhaps you should take a look at yourself as a player, instead of pulling the "my class sucks" card.

Of course, this thread won't be up to it's usual rogue-hating standards until Nalira posts. Even though his guild obviously finds his rogue useful, and he enjoys playing it enough to still raid as one.
    Hi friend. There is no need to look at simulationcraft or top guilds to see how bad rogues are suffering. Just look at warcraftlogs - at 90th percentile (e.g., filtering out bad players) the best rogue spec for each fight is generally the bottom 1-3 class wise, and no better than middle of the pack.

Deleted
    Im not sure looking at tier bonusses of rogues. I think we might climb the ladder in dps terms. So i still have some hope to be in par with most other classes

The buffs, but especially the new discoveries about sub (and also other specs) made playing my rogue more enjoyable now. Yes, i'm behind retri palas and DKs usually (but not always) but i'm doing decent damage and i'm on par with other people - until i'm not hindering progression i'm happy to play my class.

There are still a lot of opened questions like talents and specs design, but at least we're not uselss.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    We are decent indeed but i think far from good in anny situation. ST > cleave > aoe > movement etc. Plus if you want to top charts you need to keep switching speccs and gear. But again i dont know the impact of set bonusses for other classes but set bonus for combat really looks great.

I will tell you like I tell other people that ask similar questions. If you are thinking about changing your class for ANY reason, my advice would be to do so. I always advise players to find the class they absolutely fall in-love with. For me, Rogues are it. Through thick and thin, I will always be a Rogue. Because I love the entire essence of the class.

Because of how WoW's versatility, I feel every person can find a similar love. They just need to find the class that triggers the relationship relevant to their play style and/or connection to said class' characteristics. Ie. not only do I enjoy how a Rogue plays, but I enjoy the idea of BEING a Rogue. You know, the whole stealthy/stab first ask questions later.

It will make the entire game more enjoyable too. Among other things, I love hearing about Rogue changes and when something is done to make the class better, it adds a new level of excitement. I got choked up when I heard combo points didn't require a redirect, lol.
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop