Deleted

wowhead weekly with brian holinka

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the first half of it. Was rather disappointed with the direction Holinka seemingly wants to take PvP in with "I want classes to have a really strong side with weaknesses" as well as "arena ladder class representation isn't a viable argument against overpowered classes". Apparently because ret paladins are among the most played classes they're not as OP as people claim them to be... He doesn't really seem to get the fact that a shit ton of players will reroll to whatever is most OP as either a main or an alt.

Then they go onto Ashran bullshit and how they're not happy with the current state of it. No shit, really? He said he wanted Ashran to feel like a regular zone where you could run in and out of and not have to sit in a queue for. Which I agree with and that was my initial expectation until I read that Ashran is mandatory for progression which is the exact F-ing reason why there are damned queues. Not because people necessarily enjoy it but because it's F-ing required for the conquest points as well as a chance on elite gear from the F-ing lockbox you get from killing the enemy boss.

I don't understand how they can not see this themselves. It actually quite frustrates me...

Deleted
    Frustrating.

Brain is a stubborn developer. He loves his baby, his creation, trashran. On twitter during the beta he'd always favourite and retweet anybody saying:
    "I never liked pvp but ashran makes me love it! Ashran is great!"

To me, that was a worrying sign, somebody that doesn't like pvp liking ashran, so whats wrong? Oh yea, its a pve island.

He needs to understand that pvp is about the fine balance between classes, and how we interact with each other in combat. And rets/ferals etc being in their current state is horrendous. Maps are just platforms and spaces to come together and pvp. Concentrate on what matters, Holinka.

Well, he is Trashran creator so no wonder at all...

Deleted
    yes i was dissappointed to from the video no real issues addressed or anything but then again what do you expect from twitch chat which is just fulla kids

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Ashran, most of the problems with it can be solved easily with a bit of tweaking.

Most of the balance can be solved with an addition of buffs to the underpopulated side and with HP/damage boost to the guardians.

Aside from that, I like the cool stuff you can pick up and use there and the NPCs and mini-games are pretty cool as well.

Too bad my queue is 2 hours, so I never do it anymore. CUZ I GOT BETTER SHIT TO DO
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    I like Ashran, most of the problems with it can be solved easily with a bit of tweaking.

Most of the balance can be solved with an addition of buffs to the underpopulated side and with HP/damage boost to the guardians.

Aside from that, I like the cool stuff you can pick up and use there and the NPCs and mini-games are pretty cool as well.

Too bad my queue is 2 hours, so I never do it anymore. CUZ I GOT BETTER SHIT TO DO
    You can't easily fix a giant clusterfuck of 200 players on a fucking bridge with npcs that randomly 1 shot you.

how about ashran just gives followers / mounts / cosmetic gear / visual enchants / honor gear... not fking conquest gear determined by rng...

half of ashran is killing mobs how the hell is that a pvp zone...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    how about ashran just gives followers / mounts / cosmetic gear / visual enchants / honor gear... not fking conquest gear determined by rng...

half of ashran is killing mobs how the hell is that a pvp zone...
    That's what I expected at first. Just a fun zone where you can get some cosmetic stuff and mounts. Not a mandatory-to-do PvE island. I already hate how there are PvE mobs on the island due to Timeless Isle and the attempt of making Krasarang Wilds a PvP zone (ruined by mobs one-shotting you). It's just disheartening to see how he hasn't learned yet from previous mistakes.

Now with the set bonuses as well. Not just WW monks but other classes have really boring and non-logical set bonuses as well. Why would you give a warlock 10% increased damage after he ports? I'm not talking balance-wise here, but seriously what's the logic behind giving a class a DPS boost after using gap closer/defensive ability. The WW monk 2 pc pvp set bonus is the same. It doesn't make any sense.

Set bonuses IMO shouldn't even necessarily affect damage. They should affect utilities and what not. That alone is making me lose hope.

Played pvp only for ten years, will not play till this utter clown is fired. Anything he does will be bad, and that's just a fact. Guess I will not be playing for a few years, and that may be a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKm8 View Post
    Played pvp only for ten years, will not play till this utter clown is fired. Anything he does will be bad, and that's just a fact. Guess I will not be playing for a few years, and that may be a good thing
    This season is 'less bad' than past seasons, I don't know why you'd quit over it?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerKm8 View Post
    For the record, this is quite old video (2months)
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't necro old threads just to complain while offering zero input. Closing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.