Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Kargath Mythic: best classes for Berserker Rush bait?

Hi,

seeing as we are going to start Mythic this weekend I would like to have some feedback from people who already thought about it and exchange some theories.

What classes are best for baiting and then tanking the Berserker Rush in order to get a high initial "Favor"?

In Methods video you can see rogues witht the evasion glyph + BoP; how long of an imunity is that?
    Another possiblity that comes to my mind would also be: Hunters -> Deterrence, BoP, Deterrence; does that work?

Any other classes that would work well?
    As far as I understand it Berserker Rush has a max timer, so maybe more classes can do it with immunity + bop.

How do you even reliably bait the berserker rush on certain people? Is it more luck, or can you do it consistently? How many would people would you need to stand far away?

Hunter can disengage + Deter, Rogue has 10 second x2 Evasion, Paladins can bubble or BoP, including other people, Mage can block.

I'd say Paladin is overall the best because it doesn't actually require them to be the target, if you want a full duration rush without BoP then rogue is best.

The rush lasts 20 seconds total I believe. It tends to target further away people.

Deleted
    Ok,

20 seconds: Rogue: 15 seconds evasion (with glyph) + BoP 10 seconds
    Mage: Iceblock: 10 seconds + BoP 10 seconds
    Hunter: Deterrence 5 seconds + BoP 10 seconds + Deterrence 5 seconds
    Shadowpriest: Dispersion 6 seconds + BoP 10 seconds = 16 seconds with 6 seconds of getting 10% dmg (is that already lethal?)

And there is a "buffer" of a few seconds for Kargath to even arrive at the target.

Paladins cant do it; right? Divine shield still gives Forbearance, so Divine Shield + BoP is not possible?
    Last edited by mmoc43a9480b93; 2014-12-12 at 10:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night when we tried this, BoPing the target made Kargath re-target someone else (so basically killing every melee)...what also made him charge his target was any speed boost - whenever holy pally used Speed of Light, or druid Cat form + stampeding roar, kargath just changed his target....
    so I doubt this will be possible now

Deleted
    Really? O.O So you are just supposed to mindlessly kite him into the first fire, and play it like HC?
    I could understand the first part (immunities making him change target); but also not allowing speed boosts seems really weird to me
    Can anyone confirm this boss-behaviour?

Isn't it also perfectly possible to kite him directly into the Fire Pillar but instead get the cat into the Fire Pillar as many times as possible throughout the fight? Use BoP, Block and stuff there instead. I haven't done the fight yet, but that seems a lot more doable to me.
    The unattainable best is the enemy of all the available betters.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the cats either changed targets or killed you right through immunities? Clearing the stands gives more than enough buff without risking "random" deaths for marginal gain.

As far as I know any "combat" reset will make him instantly choose a new target. Thats what happened to us at least.

So when Mage used Ice block he instantly picked a new target, when our hunter used feign death he instantly chose a new target.
    The safest bet is to use a Pala bubble :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdsent View Post
    As far as I know any "combat" reset will make him instantly choose a new target. Thats what happened to us at least.

So when Mage used Ice block he instantly picked a new target, when our hunter used feign death he instantly chose a new target.
    The safest bet is to use a Pala bubble :P
    Ice Block is not a combat reset, Greater Invisibility is though.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I thought the cats either changed targets or killed you right through immunities? Clearing the stands gives more than enough buff without risking "random" deaths for marginal gain.
    The intention tends to be for the first rush a while before people go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

We also found that HoP and Deter cause him to switch targets last night. I would suggest just doing the fight without trying to cheese it. It's really easy, if people don't die to dumb, you will win. Sure, a high damage buff helps, but if you fail and someone dies it's all for nothing.

Rogue evasion tanking is prolly your best bet, having him/her Shadowstep towards a friendly target allows for some safety room-kiting right before the end of the evasion so you dont need to BoP.
    With Prep they can instantly reset their Evasion cooldown as well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest not getting to fancy with kiting for any length of time, unless you are actually going for speed kills. We only extended kiting if it was on a hunter or a mage. They use natural immunities first, followed by a BoP. We saved other BoPs for emergencies.

While favor does go up the longer you kite him, the person getting kill we pretty much neutralize any favor you get.

In my opinion just setup a really good crowd group (DKs, any healer, hunter and like a monk) to absolutely destroy the stands. With minimal effort on our first kite and a full clear in the first stands we were sitting at 70%+ favor and about 30 seconds later we were 90-100% for the rest of the fight. Berserker rush kiting is good, but we just focused on keeping fire pillar count low, cats dead and clearing the stands as best we could.

In addition to all the mentioned things now causing beserker rush to change targets, last night we found that sometimes Blink, Warlock Portal and Displace Beast would often cause Kargath (and maybe the cat? not sure I remember properly) to acquire new targets.

We just kited him into the most logical present turret, and got our buff from a blood/moonkin/bladestorm/liquidmagma add clear group, as well keeping the tiger alive and in a fire turret with diligent kiting. We aimed to kill the cat just before Chain Hurl as that seemed to be when we got a new one.
    Last edited by Shuffled; 2014-12-13 at 04:24 AM.

Deleted
    he doesnt fixate melee unless there are no ranged so rogue wont work

There's literally no point in doing this unless you want to get DPS rankings.

Kargath mythic requires little DPS. Favour of the crowd is an ignorable mechanic just don't die and you're fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just tank him near fire. Ezgaming.org ~

For what it's worth, during our first kill of him on Wednesday, whenever one of us hunters got it, and we deterrenced, he chose a new target as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickdiculous View Post
    For what it's worth, during our first kill of him on Wednesday, whenever one of us hunters got it, and we deterrenced, he chose a new target as well.
    was anyone cleaved down before it got to the Hunter? usually happens when someone who's not fixated dies to the cleave
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho