Thread: Bows & Arrows

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Meh, spear probably killed more people than bow, archers weren't exactly cheap nor easy to field.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I watched a demonstration once where a skilled archer shot at a suit of plate armor. The arrow went through the chest, through the filling inside, and out the back plate.

However, I'd suggest that carpet bombing in WW2 probably killed more than bows. Just guessing.
    Doubtful. You are underestimating the timespan bows ruled. Of course even bows probably have to take a backseat to the spear high was the choice weapon for just about everyone for a long long long long......long long time.

Also not that levant. You can get a bow and some arrows on the cheap at a Walmart probably, but don't expect it to be in any way good. Good for practicing with as a first timer though.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

10+ Year Old Account

Some assembly required, but here is your answer I think, if all you want to do is backyard shooting.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    Doubtful. You are underestimating the timespan bows ruled. Of course even bows probably have to take a backseat to the spear high was the choice weapon for just about everyone for a long long long long......long long time.
    Fair enough. I don't know the number of deaths in ancient battles.

But I'll guess disease is the winner, overall.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Try finding a bow shop. You can get barely used bows usually at a bargain.
    Because the novelty wears off pretty quick with most people I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Fair enough. I don't know the number of deaths in ancient battles.

But I'll guess disease is the winner, overall.
    Without contestation, I'm not sure if it counts as a weapon, but it clears the field with every know weapon, probably every weapon combined together still hasn't killed as much as disease.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    Damn you reminded me that I need a bow in case shit goes down. Already had training off my friend who was EU champion in the girl section so..got that going for me. Which is nice.