Is gladiator's scaling that bad?

Hello:

Since the last fury buff simulations are showing a great fury scaling with gear until the point it will be in top 3 classes for DPS. Sadly Gladiator seems to go down to be one of the worst DPS specs of the game.

It is this accurate? I mean, there is no place for Gladiators in end raid content?

Thanx!

Deleted
    First off – I don't know anything about how well Gladiator actually scales, but there nothing in Glad's kit gives any scaling potential.

Multistrikes and crits don't proc extra abilities nor do they generate rage. Haste doesn't help much past getting at least two SS per SC. Given how strong BA is despite it being a secondary stat should provide some nice scaling, but other than that it's just flat.

That seems to be Blizzard's ideal for the spec, and it worked quite well as a nice way to get rid of the extra tanks needed in 5 mans vs raids.

i dont see the talent staying in the next xpac if they dont make a 4th dedicated spec (has its own tree) then yea it will get the axe
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Multistrikes and crits don't proc extra abilities nor do they generate rage
    Devastate and Shield slam crits proc enrage, which gives rage, and Shield Slam crits proc ultimatum. so there's that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    i dont see the talent staying in the next xpac if they dont make a 4th dedicated spec (has its own tree) then yea it will get the axe
    There is zero advantage to making up a 4th spec opposed to a talent choice.

Gladiator basically doesn't have a level 100 talent compared to the other specs and gains zero benefit from mastery beyond the bonus AP you get. 2pc and 4pc will be nice DPS boosts but beyond that not much to scale it well.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    There is zero advantage to making up a 4th spec opposed to a talent choice.
    Yes there is. You can have a level 100 talent choice, you can balance it outside the context of tanking, and you don't have to have shared tier bonuses. You can also make up a mastery for it potentially as well. Gladiator if kept as it is, is going to be incredibly hard to balance while still attached to the tanking aspects.

I have been playing Gladiator since shortly after the expansion launch. I have not enjoyed a class, in this game like this, in a very long time. I just hope it doesn't get butchered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    I have been playing Gladiator since shortly after the expansion launch. I have not enjoyed a class, in this game like this, in a very long time. I just hope it doesn't get butchered.
    It seems already happened. I can't see any future for Gladiator on Heroic Highmaul+. It's doomed to be a way for tanks to help in some fights with some DPS. It's sad because it was a fun and good spec.

15+ Year Old Account
    First off – I don't know anything about how well Gladiator actually scales, but there nothing in Glad's kit gives any scaling potential.

Multistrikes and crits don't proc extra abilities nor do they generate rage. Haste doesn't help much past getting at least two SS per SC. Given how strong BA is despite it being a secondary stat should provide some nice scaling, but other than that it's just flat.
    Higher Enrage uptime from crit, more rage from Enrage procs, and more free HS's from Ultimatum.

More HS dump outside SC with the increased rage gen + Ultimatum.

Could even be possible that at high crit, Heavy Rep starts pulling ahead when you have more rage for HS even without US. I don't know. I'm not a numbers man.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Lol @ this thread. Just go arms it's nice n' easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phovos View Post
    Lol @ this thread. Just go arms it's nice n' easy.
    Lol @ your post. Just go Hunter it's nice n' easy and you won't have to be here.

Are you talking about that sim with tier and BRF gear?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HotJoint View Post
    It seems already happened. I can't see any future for Gladiator on Heroic Highmaul+. It's doomed to be a way for tanks to help in some fights with some DPS. It's sad because it was a fun and good spec.
    This is what is funny

- - - Updated - - -

This is also lels. Someone who doesn't know anything about the spec commenting on it.

I can't find that sim anymore but was posted here in the forum. So Gladiator will be viable on high end content for you Phovos?

Yes. Really the spec you play is dependent on what gear you've been graced with, but gladiator is the go-to spec for several mythic fights if you have the gear.
    Last edited by Phovos; 2014-12-12 at 04:03 PM.

I love gladiator and hope they don't break it. Fun spec.

Deleted
    It is a great spec/tallent what ever you want to call it. I see it being viable throughout the expac and beyond.

it does pull some might fine numbers right now. And yeah probablh by the end of this tier will drop down behind fury. Buti belive it will always have its place. It has more personal survivability than most dps specs in the game. Probably find many high ranking raiding guilds there dps warriors will probably spec into it for that reason while learning the fights.

They could also tune the tallent to increase rage regen while in the stance increased crit and or damage depending on how far behind others it ends up being. Just depends on what and how much blizz want it around

I've yet to be Fury on any fight, Glad is really quite strong on single target, and Arms wrecks on cleave and AoE. Given equal gear Fury will most likely beat glad on single target, but Fury requires two good weapons, where as Glad and Arms only need one. This means that you'll be able to gear two chars with strong weapons rather than one if you chose either of those two specs.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I've yet to be Fury on any fight, Glad is really quite strong on single target, and Arms wrecks on cleave and AoE. Given equal gear Fury will most likely beat glad on single target, but Fury requires two good weapons, where as Glad and Arms only need one. This means that you'll be able to gear two chars with strong weapons rather than one if you chose either of those two specs.

Given equal HIGHMAUL Gear Glad beats the shit out of Fury.

15+ Year Old Account
    Optimizing your gear choice slots for crafted max tier crit/mastery and conq chest + boots w/duel butcher cleavers + heroic-mythic highmaul gear will yield significantly more DPS ST than Glad focusing crit/haste and same gear from highmaul. FURY Aoe will of course outstrip as well, along with being able to use tier 100 talent for more deeps.