Thread: Explosive trap

10+ Year Old Account

Explosive trap

So I stRted my hunter 3 days ago and I'm noticing over and over again that my explosive trap seems to not be working at all, I am marksmanship! Level 96 at the moment.

Sorry if this a dumb question

do you have trap launcher on? If you do try targeting the area and left clicking when the indicator is green around where you want to throw it. If you do not have trap launcher on then the trap goes underneath were your character currently is. You can check by the buffs (top right of your screen if you have default ui) if you have it on or not. Every time you change a talent or glyph you have to manually put it back on. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    Every time you change a talent or glyph you have to manually put it back on.
    This gets me every damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    Every time you change a talent or glyph you have to manually put it back on.
    Ugh, yes. I had to make a WeakAura to remind me to re-enable Trap Launcher because I kept forgetting after changing a talent or glyph.
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes trap launcher is on, but the mobs just seem to run over it and it doesn't go off

You may not know how the trap works now. Instead of a pulsing ground effect, it explodes once, and puts a 10s DoT on anything in the explosion range. You should be able to see the DoT on your target.

It kind of changes how you use the trap now, you don't use it as area-control, IE, put it down, maybe one guy triggers it, but it prevents the whole team from capping a flag for 8s. Now you have to maximize how many people you can get in the trap radius, and let it tick on as many people as possible. More skill required now, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardemon View Post
    So I stRted my hunter 3 days ago and I'm noticing over and over again that my explosive trap seems to not be working at all, I am marksmanship! Level 96 at the moment.

Sorry if this a dumb question
    Not a dumb question at all.

They changed Explosive trap since 6.0, which is probably why you are confused.

Instead of creating a static AoE, like it did pre 6.0; explosive trap now applies a DoT to everyone that is in the trap radius as it goes off.
    So if you fire it on a mob, it looks like the trap disappears (as they removed the animation as well), but instead if you check the debuffs, he should not have a DoT.