Poll: Should Tier set transmog armor pieces be in the shop?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I honestly feel some people have much more money than common sense. So much money they have no idea what to do with it and just toss it at random things hoping to buy happiness. It's the only way I can explain posts like this.
    Well the hours of my lifetime spent and wasted in insuccessful farmruns are way more precious than the few bucks i would invest into this. Whats wrong about spending money to have something that looks "cool" or at least looks how i want it to look. my happiness comes from other things by the way. It's more like "do i prefer to play a lets say brutal savage hunter/warrior/shaman with fur and bones and spikes stuff or a more techy one with gears, lights, beams bullshit". I just look at this from such a perspective and additional effort to switch from one style to the other is just not involved in the topics' IDEA(!). yeah idea, its not that i am demanding it or anything. i really just wondered what people think about this. stop hating, start discussing and sharing opinions without offense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Well the hours of my lifetime spent and wasted in insuccessful farmruns are way more precious than the few bucks i would invest into this. Whats wrong about spending money to have something that looks "cool" or at least looks how i want it to look. my happiness comes from other things by the way. It's more like "do i prefer to play a lets say brutal savage hunter/warrior/shaman with fur and bones and spikes stuff or a more techy one with gears, lights, beams bullshit". I just look at this from such a perspective and additional effort to switch from one style to the other is just not involved in the topics' IDEA(!). yeah idea, its not that i am demanding it or anything. i really just wondered what people think about this. stop hating, start discussing and sharing opinions without offense.
    Your idea is shit and we are telling you why it's shit. That is our opinion and you opened yourself to it by posting this thread. And if you want a game to throw money at, there are plenty of other games that sell a lot more things in cash shops "for your convenience". If your time is that valuable, go to one of those games and piss away as much money as you want.

Deleted
    Your idea is shit and we are telling you why it's shit. That is our opinion and you opened yourself to it by posting this thread. And if you want a game to throw money at, there are plenty of other games that sell a lot more things in cash shops "for your convenience". If your time is that valuable, go to one of those games and piss away as much money as you want.
    lol poor little angry man, no clue about arguing... but i got well meant advice even for you: With 4,953 posts you seem to be quite active posting your probably not positive and uplifting whatever on the interwebs. Just take some of the time all of this takes to earn some money, then you don't have to talk about it as if it's god or something. Do me a favour and dont bring your envy and malevolence into my thread thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    lol poor little angry man, no clue about arguing... but i got well meant advice even for you: With 4,953 posts you seem to be quite active posting your probably not positive and uplifting whatever on the interwebs. Just take some of the time all of this takes to earn some money, then you don't have to talk about it as if it's god or something. Do me a favour and dont bring your envy and malevolence into my thread thanks.
    This isn't "your thread". You don't own it. You submitted it to MMO Champion and it is now theirs. You only have rights that MMOC has given you and they can take those away whenever they want. I have this many posts because I have been a long time member of these forums, unlike yourself.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sure, provided it only applied to sets from previous expansions, why not?
    You just agreed with something I would hate so much that I had to comment.

With this you would ruin the whole fun of transmog.. its cool to show off in cities. But the whole farming dung for gear will be yhrown away by buying older tiera in shop... atleast if this happends I could make some space in my bank.. and I am saying this cus both bank void storage are all full with tranamog on 2 chars.

I am not attacking you, but in general it would ruin transmog soo much for me..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    You just agreed with something I would hate so much that I had to comment.

With this you would ruin the whole fun of transmog.. its cool to show off in cities. But the whole farming dung for gear will be yhrown away by buying older tiera in shop... atleast if this happends I could make some space in my bank.. and I am saying this cus both bank void storage are all full with tranamog on 2 chars.

I am not attacking you, but in general it would ruin transmog soo much for me..
    Would you know the difference between 3 guys riding by, all wearing T10 from ICC, one of which did it at level 80 and kept the armor all this time, one did it over the course of three weeks while at level 100, one of which bought it in this make believe cash shop situation?

I don't know why people are getting worked up about just the mere thought of previous expansion tier sets being in a cash shop. Like the 20 mins a week over 2, 3, or 4 weeks it takes now to farm up a set from anything Cataclysm or prior is such a burden that it needs to be preserved to maintain the holy sanctity that is transmog.

"I spent a solid hour spread out over the course of 4 weeks, 2 shotting bosses in BWL, to EARN that T2, and now a guy can buy it for $20 (who knows what it'd cost) and have it instantly?!?! THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE BLIZZARD!!!!
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-12-13 at 02:43 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Would you know the difference between 3 guys riding by, all wearing T10 from ICC, one of which did it at level 80 and kept the armor all this time, one did it over the course of three weeks while at level 100, one of which bought it in this make believe cash shop situation?

I don't know why people are getting worked up about just the mere thought of previous expansion tier sets being in a cash shop. Like the 20 mins a week over 2, 3, or 4 weeks it takes now to farm up a set from anything Cataclysm or prior is such a burden that it needs to be preserved to maintain the holy sanctity that is transmog.
    Because things shouldn't be put in the cash shop. It really is that simple. If you guys really hate having money so much, send it to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because things shouldn't be put in the cash shop. It really is that simple. If you guys really hate having money so much, send it to me.
    I never said I'd use it. I just wouldn't care. I'm not petty about largely irrelevant stuff.

And why shouldn't stuff be in a cash shop? They don't put player power in there, it's all cosmetic stuff or catch up stuff (lvl 90) so it exists outside of game balance, there is no pay to win mentality.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-12-13 at 02:44 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Nope. Go get it with a group if you want to transmog it.

No. People should have to run old content for that. Of course, it would be nice if they brought back certain peices of pvp tiers. I know they were selling some of the stuff in BMAH, but lets be honest, nobody is playing that unless they have a ton of gold to throw away.

Deleted
    Of course not.

I don't think I have to specify why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoibhe View Post
    No. People should have to run old content for that. Of course, it would be nice if they brought back certain peices of pvp tiers. I know they were selling some of the stuff in BMAH, but lets be honest, nobody is playing that unless they have a ton of gold to throw away.
    the point of those sets is that they are rare, the moment you bring them back they will be just another set

I know I'd like to get my hands on that s11 dk elite set, but fuck keep it unobtainable

i always love the "it's rare!!!!!!!!!!" whine. people are so pathetic and shallow it's disgusting. do you think i stop and masturbate to your "rare" fucking glory when you're wearing t3 or challenge armor? you think i, or anyone else, stops to bask in your radiant glory? no, i run by you, not giving a shit about you, and go about doing whatever it was i was doing and you don't even come into my mind. so there's your rarity working for you. it's not making you some special person that everyone cares about. you're just another random loser standing in org/stormwind that i don't care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, absolutely not.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

about 1/2 of the tier sets in game can be bought for a few hundred gold off the vendor now, so there isn't any point to spend any real cash on it.

I don't care about transmog items in the shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand people who say "I'd rather just throw money and get the thing". Why... It's a game. Where's the gratification in that? If any, it lasts so little time.

I'm just not one of those people, I'd frankly rather play/work, and get the thing. Plus I get memories attached to the items I've earned/looted.
    They become more than they are. They're a tie to the game that's more precious than the money blizzard gets nownowNOW.

I am plaaaying, world of warcaft. I want to plaaaay, and get things. Not put my money in the slot machine and have it print out a 'you win' ticket.

If you don't have the time to get the gear from old raids then I really question what time you do have spare to spend on WoW. Because it can't be much more than time to do a few dailies.

I vote no. No thank you, and for the same reason as I don't like the mounts being in the store. They're pretty but less gratifying to me.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem i see with this is that blizzard cannot get the pricing right. those tmog helms they tried to sell were way over priced. Blizzard would do the same thing here, over priced items to try and make a buck. they would get more business with lowered prices. i just cant justify 15 dollars for one little helm, $2-5 is more approachable.

but in the end its not just the price that matters, but whether the style & design is worth my money at all. i wont buy stuff for the sake of buying it. RNG sucks in WoW but as the game continues the raids/dungeons/farming gets easier to handle, the look (and stats) of new gear should be the carrot that keeps players trying out the new content and tmog stuff of expansions past could be up for sale, but not current expansion looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love transmog, but what my gear looks like doesn't actually MEAN anything to me. I don't care if everyone is rocking armor that LOOKS like mine, but isn't, because I know that I have the REAL thing. Like, people running around in the REPLICA Dungeon armor sets. I have two chars wearing the old dungeon (and 0.5) sets, but they're transmogged to the REAL items, because I actually got them when it was current. So THAT means something to me. I don't care what other people do or look like, I care what I do and look like. If I know I put in effort to get the gear, that's good enough for me.

I do not give two shits if someone can just buy the LOOKS of the gear I'm wearing. Blizz has completely disconnected gear from looks with transmog. I could be running around in a full set of whatever is current tier, but I'd be decked out in vanilla greens as far as looks go. It's what's underneath the textures that counts, not the textures themselves. This is why I have such an issue with the special snowflakes that bitch about us not being able to transmog legendaries. I farmed TF and Rag hammer when they were current. I don't care in the least if someone else did it last WEEK, I know that I did it when it was hard, and I'd like to be able to see the fruits of my effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Of course not.

I don't think I have to specify why.

- - - Updated - - -

the point of those sets is that they are rare, the moment you bring them back they will be just another set

I know I'd like to get my hands on that s11 dk elite set, but fuck keep it unobtainable
    Yeah I mean like the belt of a set being unobtainable etc. unles purchased via BMAH. Certain pieces. I had sold most of my pvp gear/sets because I thought we'd be able to purchase them from old pvp vendors.

15+ Year Old Account
    OLD expansion transmog items sure, not current. If you want current tier transmog, find a raid group and earn the gear. If you're too lazy or don't have enough time to not farm old content, then feel free spending the money.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"