Poll: Should Tier set transmog armor pieces be in the shop?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Tier Set items transmogs in the Shop

Hey guys,

what is your opinion, should Tier Armor set transmog items be purchasable in the shop? I am explicitly talking about non mythic sets but the "normal" ones in all existing color themes. The current raid tier should be available, obviously not the actual gear with stats, only statless items for mogging like the MOP challenge mode armor pieces.

I personally would pretty much favor this, i cannot see any issues here. For me it's quite important how my chars look but farming a complete set for transmog can be extremely tedious. I simply don't want to invest that much lifetime in farming for example the last missing set piece maybe for weeks just to have my char look the way i want it to look. Mythic raiders still will look outstanding and remain special snowflakes in their mythic sets, all the others should have the chance to get their favoured look without too much pain. For Blizz that would mean some extra cash they can dump into the game, their shiny new sets will be seen in the world more often and players also would appreciate that, at least i would image that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Are you the sort of guy who likes to watch the world burn or why make this topic without real need? Been too long since we had a flaming topic about the shop?

Last one I remember was when the Corehound mount was datamined and everyone was "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....Blizzard...cash shop mount" Yet nobody came out and said "Ooopsy, I was wrong"
    Well who are you to define which topics are needed or not. For me thats a very legit question.

I wouldnt feel the same rocking my Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds if someone could just go and buy it in the store.

The rare aspect is what makes transmog so great. Putting items in the shop would ruin it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see them doing this. I wouldn't be against it, but I'ld keep current tier out of it.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    ...but I'ld keep current tier out of it.
    Could definately live with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No because it'd mean I'd have nothing to do all week and everyone and their dog will use the sets, it would devalue them, just like the mounts and pets on the store.
    As transmog sets become more common I feel forced into getting a different one because I like being unique, farming the transmog is 90% of the fun of transmoging for me, if your too much of a filthy casual to do it then you need to play another game, like RIFT.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2014-12-12 at 03:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    The rare aspect is what makes transmog so great. Putting items in the shop would ruin it.
    Not quite sure if everyone would see it that way. For me it would be more important to have it and everybody else as well instead of being in the rare club.

Deleted
    There were already enough complaints when they added one specific transmog item to the shop, expect one giant shitstorm if they're adding entire tier sets.

I don't want them either, at the risk of sounding elitist (but for this I don't care) if you can't bother to farm items the normal way you don't deserve to look like you're wearing it. Everyone in game currently has put some kind of effort into gathering the items. As long as this is still a p2p game it should stay that way.

Deleted
    what jvbastel said, not current tier. maybe older tiers, but nothing from the current expac.

i'd actually rather see this than unique sets only available via the store *coughhelmetscough*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    As transmog sets become more common I feel forced into getting a different one because I like being unique, farming the transmog is 90% of the fun of transmoging for me, if your too much of a filthy casual to do it then you need to play another game, like RIFT.
    Yeah but remember "farming" sets has nothing to do with skill, just time investment and luck. Is it really fun to run an old raid you still need a decent group for over and over again just to see your wanted item not dropping for week. But still, fair opinion. Only that your fuck off filthy casual card does not really work here.

Sure, provided it only applied to sets from previous expansions, why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Yeah but remember "farming" sets has nothing to do with skill, just time investment and luck. Is it really fun to run an old raid you still need a decent group for over and over again just to see your wanted item not dropping for week. But still, fair opinion. Only that your fuck off filthy casual card does not really work here.
    I'm meaning more for solo raids (Since even level 85 raids are solvable now and some mop raids were solvable back at 90: mogu'shan vaults being one), the others still need a group, and should because they're still somewhat recent.
    Also I meant time, not skill, I'm horrible at this game but I still put effort into trying, the fact that it takes time is why we haven't got 100 clones running around in the same gear. The gear also signifies a willingness to spend time on it which makes other people admire it, like the war mill sets with their terrible scrap drop rate, even though it was a pain in the ass to farm them I wouldn't have it any other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Not only can you solo pretty much any raid prior to MoP easily in a level 100 (level 90 for some of Cata and lower) you can get transmog items at the bunker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha.

No.

Go play the game if you want the gear. In fact, Blizzard already removed tier and all the cool models from LFR to make raiding rewarding again. Great change.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Let the customers decide I think, if there's demand for it and people are stupid enough to spend money for something they could just farm then let them.

Just have it not be current tier gear.

''But now my super rare transmog isn't super rare anymore!'' Tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Hey guys,

what is your opinion, should Tier Armor set transmog items be purchasable in the shop? I am explicitly talking about non mythic sets but the "normal" ones in all existing color themes. The current raid tier should be available, obviously not the actual gear with stats, only statless items for mogging like the MOP challenge mode armor pieces.

I personally would pretty much favor this, i cannot see any issues here. For me it's quite important how my chars look but farming a complete set for transmog can be extremely tedious. I simply don't want to invest that much lifetime in farming for example the last missing set piece maybe for weeks just to have my char look the way i want it to look. Mythic raiders still will look outstanding and remain special snowflakes in their mythic sets, all the others should have the chance to get their favoured look without too much pain. For Blizz that would mean some extra cash they can dump into the game, their shiny new sets will be seen in the world more often and players also would appreciate that, at least i would image that.
    No. Tier sets are a reward and even getting the look of a tier set should require effort.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    This wouldn't make sense from Blizzard's point of view. They would be essentially taking a massive chunk of content out of the game for those who buy stuff from the shop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    This wouldn't make sense from Blizzard's point of view. They would be essentially taking a massive chunk of content out of the game for those who buy stuff from the shop.
    It would only take away content from those who actually like farming, those who don't and just want the sets don't give a shit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No,

I wouldn't want to see people rolling around in items they didn't earn. Besides, old xmog sets are super easy to get,just time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't put actual player power at the highest levels (such as buying mythic gear, or stuff like that) on sale I don't care what they put in the cash shop.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect