Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Follower Re-training Certificate

So on my main i havent even seen the quest to get this item.
    On my monk ive had it 4 times over the last 4 days and about 6 since i started leveling him. Yes i have 4 in my inventory now.

Is this just stupid rng or have i missed something that you need to do to start aquiring this quest ? I know its rare but "0" on my main that ive had on lvl 100 since day 2. Cant be 100% bad rng, or !??!

There's two missions that will give them; one level 90 and one level 100.

If you don't have a follower in the 90-94 range, you won't ever see a mission in that range, so that would cut your chances for it in half.

Both missions are rare.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can say I noticed the same. I have two level 91 alts that are basically there to stockpile GR, do missions to level the first 3/4 followers, and do their respective profession CDs. I have yet to see a reroll item mission on my main, but have seen a couple on each of my alts. I'm starting to think it's might be level based.

have not gotten the quest on either of the characters that i have at 100 and know people who have gotten it several times, so i dont know

Deleted
    hmm... actually have a low level follower just to see if it would trigger, but nothing still.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is a lv100 rare mission called "ring of trials" that is 16h long but it does have a 100% chance of success and no requirements that reward one tome.

I really wish you could buy these or something or that they would drop in the boxes from say the dwarven bunken (warmill?) along with other follower upgrades.
    Last edited by looorg; 2014-12-13 at 05:08 AM. Reason: i was wrong

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    There is a lv100 rare mission called "ring of trials" that is 16h long but it does have a 100% chance of success and no requirements that reward one tome. That is as far as I know the only way to get them besides the two you got from questing.

I really wish you could buy these or something or that they would drop in the boxes from say the dwarven bunken (warmill?) along with other follower upgrades.
    you get 2 from questing? where at?

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    you get 2 from questing? where at?
    I shouldn't be writing this at 5am. No there are no quest rewards for it; i ment follower rewards. Removed that line to avoid further confusion.

hope they put it at the vendor for GR in future patch not those stupid rare missions.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    hope they put it at the vendor for GR in future patch not those stupid rare missions.
    I think the reasoning is not to offer too easy access to min-maxing followers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I got 2 of these and both times rerolled the same ability I didn't want. serious nerd rage. I have EIGHT followers with danger zones.

I got a level 100 mission last night that just offered the re-training without the tomes (thanks to whoever made that adjustment).
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    There's two missions that will give them; one level 90 and one level 100.

If you don't have a follower in the 90-94 range, you won't ever see a mission in that range, so that would cut your chances for it in half.

Both missions are rare.
    Weird because I got the lvl 90 one the other day and I do not have an active follower in the 90-94 range.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I think the reasoning is not to offer too easy access to min-maxing followers.
    While that is reasonable, the randomness is too much. Getting a lvl 100 epic follower (Leeroy/Meatball) with the "Gains xp faster" trait, or the I-love-pandaren trait (which relies on the randomness of the inn) is very annoying.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Have now completed over 1000 follower quests. And not seen any of the 2. While my alt have 8 in the bags now. Either my garrison i bugged or this rng is rather stupid.

Deleted
    Same here, i have done close to 1500 missions on my main by now, and still didnt see either version of the reroll mission, while both alts that are 92 just for profs have got them... even tho they combined barely did 500 missions! Not to mention one of them got both lvl 100 and lvl 90 versions at the same time, with no lvl 90-94 followers, all are 100! Not to mention that i have only 2 group dmg counters and 9-9-8 on massive strike, timed battle, big minion (or whatever it is called, polymorph and such counter it) with at least 6-7 followers having same combinations too... so ive been dying to get it for 3 weeks now... no luck

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I got 2 of these and both times rerolled the same ability I didn't want. serious nerd rage. I have EIGHT followers with danger zones.
    13 with Powerful spell... 9 of them got it when they turned bloddy epic at level 100.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seen a few on each of my characters, but it really is random / rng.

My main char got ONE reroll and that is. Pretty sure I have about 1500 missions now. Thats really lame :/

Deleted
    Got 2 early, seen none after that. Used them on same follower, got nothing nice.

Also i accidentally managed to use the hearthstone guide (gives bonus experience trait) on follower which already had bonus experience... and the guide replaced existing one... lol.