Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Cursor type doesn't change properly on some links when you hover over them. I think this should fix that problem:

Code:
    .menu-form-add-character-close-button, .deleteButton {
        cursor: pointer;
    }

Just forwarded this to my GM who keeps multiple spreadsheets on the raid teams, going to be incredibly useful for him. Thanks a lot!
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Someone should make an addon like that! Or something like the Followers interface but for the raid team))

Deleted
    I saw in "blog" section there was mention "A mouseover tooltip could be added later to display more detailed information about what is in each slot."

I think if this feature was introduced, it would skyrocket the usefulness.

Deleted
    Damn, I can see this site becoming a big thing. Good job :P

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    i wonder if the API is having issues again because I looked up Voodoo on Archimonde and it says there are 4 people that are max level.
    Yours is the second guild I have seen with this issue, unfortunately it is on Blizzard's end. The guilds roster is out of date, but the individual characters are most likely up to date. Try adding the characters by name instead. Eventually the guild roster should catch up and they will be shown properly when adding from a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    This is absolutely amazing, thanks for making it! Should make dishing out items in our guild a lot fairer and easier on us all!
    Is there any chance of this becoming an addon for the game?
    Thank you! Guild Audit as a fully in-game addon is unlikely, but about a year ago I was toying around with exporting your in-game raid group to the site. Idea was to very quickly be able to audit a new group, might be neat for pick up groups or even LFR. Idea is still there, might come to light some day. PUGs can still be audited now, you just have to manually add characters by name.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    not sure if doable, but is it possible for u to add peoples simmed dps next to em? (dpsers only)
    I had a very brief look at the simcraft project, not enough to know if it is something I can add yet. It's on my list of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggamasta View Post
    Cursor type doesn't change properly on some links when you hover over them. I think this should fix that problem:
    Code:
    .menu-form-add-character-close-button, .deleteButton {
        cursor: pointer;
    }
    Fixed, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    Damn, I can see this site becoming a big thing. Good job :P
    Thank you <3. I have always wanted to create something useful. Seeing traffic on the site is very exciting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely tool, was just hearing about this from others and took a peek, hope you can keep up with people!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

A mouseover tooltip has been added for the "Quality" column that shows each item a character is wearing.
    Last edited by Drotain; 2014-12-14 at 03:41 PM.

What's to stop someone with the link from just removing people from the roster you make? e.g. the one you linked, I can remove people? Or is that for each individual person with the link?

Other than that, looks great. Nice replacement for Wow-check.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-12-14 at 03:59 PM.

Looks interesting, thank you.

Trust me on this, I'm on old, very experienced raider who has raided with very high end guilds and very low end guilds, but your approach is all wrong.

The #1 priority in recruiting is NOT finding people who are optimally geared. Its not THAT big of an issue. You DON'T need complicated spreadsheets and websites. You don't need to worry about every last enchant, gem, ilvl. Its a silly way to raid, really.

By FAR, the most important quality is to find players who will wipe 20x on one boss and run back quickly and be ready for the next attempt.

Time and again, I see guilds STRUGGLE because they focus on recruiting people who are optimally geared, and they overlook the player who is less perfectly geared but will wipe all nite every nite with you. I've seen these guilds, and the perfectly geared players wipe once or twice and then drop connection.....

True end game raiding is a bunch of people who will wipe 100x on a boss and not lose motivation at all. That's what you want. You should consider taking my advice and throwing out all the spreadsheets and try focusing on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Trust me on this, I'm on old, very experienced raider who has raided with very high end guilds and very low end guilds, but your approach is all wrong.

The #1 priority in recruiting is NOT finding people who are optimally geared. Its not THAT big of an issue. You DON'T need complicated spreadsheets and websites. You don't need to worry about every last enchant, gem, ilvl. Its a silly way to raid, really.

By FAR, the most important quality is to find players who will wipe 20x on one boss and run back quickly and be ready for the next attempt.

Time and again, I see guilds STRUGGLE because they focus on recruiting people who are optimally geared, and they overlook the player who is less perfectly geared but will wipe all nite every nite with you. I've seen these guilds, and the perfectly geared players wipe once or twice and then drop connection.....

True end game raiding is a bunch of people who will wipe 100x on a boss and not lose motivation at all. That's what you want. You should consider taking my advice and throwing out all the spreadsheets and try focusing on that.
    Guild Audit isn't meant to be an end-all recruitment tool, of course it cannot audit the quality of a player - only their character. Its primary role is analyzing your current raid group, not new people you are considering to recruit (although you certainly could use it to do that).

The only feature that REALLY relates to recruitment is Statistics. They're useful for a few different situations, off the top of my head I've used them to determine if a group:
    • needs more of a certain class
    • is missing/low on a raid buff/debuff/support spell
    • has a poor balance of ranged vs. melee
    • has few or zero of an armor type, therefore potentially wasting pieces that drop and nobody needs (if you aren't using personal loot).
    • has too many or too few characters on each armor token, again for gearing efficiency outside of personal loot.

It gives you an idea what you could ideally look for when recruiting or building a raid. I agree the focus should not be strictly about a players gear or how min/maxed they are, especially when starting out. But, fully gemmed and enchanted gear has always been a strict minimum for my own guild and we aren't hardcore by any means.

Guild Audit is just about analyzing your roster, not making decisions for you or telling you what to do. I've tried to keep what it tracks strictly to black and white issues. Only things that are absolutely wrong (like missed gems/enchants) are marked as audit issues. Everything else is just information, how that information is used is up to each individual raid leader/group.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    What's to stop someone with the link from just removing people from the roster you make? e.g. the one you linked, I can remove people? Or is that for each individual person with the link?

Other than that, looks great. Nice replacement for Wow-check.
    The example group will rebuild itself periodically. It's meant to be a sandbox of sorts, for new people to see what the site can do.

The idea for general groups is that you share your group link with people who will be managing it with you. If you are concerned with it being altered, you can create another group and keep it private. In the future I can look into adding authentication, the API supports logging in with your Battle.net credentials and I could make restrictions based on your guild rank. It's on my list of ideas for the future.
    Last edited by Drotain; 2014-12-14 at 05:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Love this tool, sent it on to my GM and we're using it now

Also to add to my above question, is there any chance you could just merge the things like Plate DPS and Plate Healer instead? I know we could just add them together but... eh, it's pointless having them apart; gear is shared now.

Something like:
    Tier Token (like you have)
    Main-stat users (Agi/Int/Stre/Bonus Armor)
    Item proficiency (Cloth/Leather/Mail/Plate)

Or some sort of mix of the last two, to make it easier to see how many people will be rolling on the same items. Saves you adding everything up to find out how many people will be rolling on x, e.g. from my guild:
    8 Cloth DPS, 2 Cloth Healers, 1 Leather Caster, 3 Mail Healer = 14 rolling on int off-pieces.
    7 Leather melee, 1 Leather tank, 3 Mail Physical DPS, = 11 rolling on Agi off-pieces.
    etc,

They could just be put together. We don't really need to know the individual ones when gear is, for the most part, shared.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2014-12-14 at 06:58 PM.

I'd be interested in seeing how many warforged/terriaty/socket items a player is wearing, as like a tertiary decision factor for who to give gear to and out of general interest, would that be possible?

You really need to make this account based by signing up or something.

People can just go into any other groups and start deleting characters and messing up stuff.

Otherwise, this looks amazing.

Small suggestion: You may want to sanity check the gear. If you see too much gear with pvp on it, then I would consider making a note so the RL can tell. They might have simply logged out with their pvp gear on instead of raid gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rufio- View Post
    You really need to make this account based by signing up or something.

People can just go into any other groups and start deleting characters and messing up stuff.

Otherwise, this looks amazing.
    ^ this. Due to internet having trolls, and will always continue too, they just need to edit the end number of the url and can then start messing with peoples groups.

btw showed this to my raid lead, and they absolutely loved it. wanted to pass that along.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Looks like a great tool, extremely useful already to guilds for loot council alone.

Just a few suggestions I have:

--Suggestions--
    I would suggest working a little on the sorting options, such as being able to sort through multiple things such as 'Role AND iLvl'.

Perhaps a feature that shows recentlogs for that player/ranks from warcraftlogs or something similar to help get a grasp of how the player is performing as well. Perhaps you can also have a feature that allows you to manually enter stat weights and it will show you how itemized a persons gear is (i.e. red for 0 of their 2 prefered, yellow just their lowest of their 2 prefered stats, black for having just their main stat on it, and white for both.) This would make it invaluable to loot council's in deciding which characters need the gear the most.