Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    are you asking for a new tool or saying the one you are using is great ?

Quote Originally Posted by shookzy View Post
    are you asking for a new tool or saying the one you are using is great ?
    Considering it already looks at gear ect. that would make the examination and color coding based on a stat priority simply an addition obviously and a better sorting function is hardly differentiating from the current tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rufio- View Post
    You really need to make this account based by signing up or something.

People can just go into any other groups and start deleting characters and messing up stuff.
    Yeah, probably a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Trust me on this, I'm on old, very experienced raider who has raided with very high end guilds and very low end guilds, but your approach is all wrong.

The #1 priority in recruiting is NOT finding people who are optimally geared. Its not THAT big of an issue. You DON'T need complicated spreadsheets and websites. You don't need to worry about every last enchant, gem, ilvl. Its a silly way to raid, really.
    I think you're looking at it from the wrong angle. This isn't a recruiting tool, and it's probably not meant to be evaluating trial members.

I see it's value as a raid leader to quickly bring up my raid and make sure my team as a whole is taking care of their gear in terms of gems and enchants, see the item level variation and who is ahead and who is behind, see how many people are still rocking blues, which people need to catch up on their ring chain, etc. It's a good way to keep tabs on your raid without looking up everyone individually. That kind of information can be useful whether you just want to track who is slacking or whether you're trying to see what gearing weaknesses you need to address so you can finally beat the Butcher.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Perhaps you could reorganize the loot sorting? With WoD there is no more Mail Physical, Mail Caster, Mail Healer, etc

Awesome tool. Keep up the good work

I really like it. For a group of casuals like us, it gives me a quick glance to see who need help in getting their gear up so I know who to prioritise for heroics, etc. It also help me identify someone who was complaining about their dps, yet didn't have a single enchant on their gear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomservo View Post
    Show me on the doll where the bad shield touched you
    RIP Warrior Gladiator Build

I tried pulling my guild in today, but it just spins and says it's in queue. I think maybe it's broked.

A minor suggestion: I usually check raid signs by using the audit list and compare it with our signs (it's a web calender, not ingame) to see who's missing. My problem there is that I can only sort the names alphabetical in one direction (Z -> A) and not in the 'natural' way (A -> Z).

Happy New Year, everyone. The holidays were more hectic than expected so I've been making mostly behind-the-scenes adjustments to the site lately. I monitor the site usage frequently and seeing it grow has been awesome. Still thinking over new ideas, I typed most of these responses quite a while ago but it looks like I never made the post:

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    btw showed this to my raid lead, and they absolutely loved it. wanted to pass that along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazering View Post
    Love this tool, sent it on to my GM and we're using it now
    Thank you both and everyone else. Is great to hear. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Also to add to my above question, is there any chance you could just merge the things like Plate DPS and Plate Healer instead? I know we could just add them together but... eh, it's pointless having them apart; gear is shared now.
    Something like:
    Tier Token (like you have)
    Main-stat users (Agi/Int/Stre/Bonus Armor)
    Item proficiency (Cloth/Leather/Mail/Plate)
    Or some sort of mix of the last two, to make it easier to see how many people will be rolling on the same items. Saves you adding everything up to find out how many people will be rolling on x, e.g. from my guild:
    8 Cloth DPS, 2 Cloth Healers, 1 Leather Caster, 3 Mail Healer = 14 rolling on int off-pieces.
    7 Leather melee, 1 Leather tank, 3 Mail Physical DPS, = 11 rolling on Agi off-pieces.
    etc,
    They could just be put together. We don't really need to know the individual ones when gear is, for the most part, shared.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoragar View Post
    Perhaps you could reorganize the loot sorting? With WoD there is no more Mail Physical, Mail Caster, Mail Healer, etc
    I can work on this. Adding more stat charts is very simple. The data is already there, so I can at least add more and look at redundancy in the future.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't loot drop as an armor type and just swap stats? I didn't think it would swap armor types. An odd realization: I have only used personal loot so far and I haven't even seen how that swapping works now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetaro View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing how many warforged/terriaty/socket items a player is wearing, as like a tertiary decision factor for who to give gear to and out of general interest, would that be possible?
    I can look into this, great idea. The simplest way would be another column that would show the total tertiary stats the character has, and a mouseover could show each one (x sockets, x warforged, etc.). Might be other ways it could be shown, I like to keep everything as simple as I can. I'll think about it some more, ideas are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rufio- View Post
    You really need to make this account based by signing up or something.
    People can just go into any other groups and start deleting characters and messing up stuff. Otherwise, this looks amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Symox View Post
    ^ this. Due to internet having trolls, and will always continue too, they just need to edit the end number of the url and can then start messing with peoples groups.
    The safety mechanism is that character data is stored independently from groups. Worst case you would need only to re-add the missing characters to pick up exactly where you left off, nothing lost. Authentication is still something I'm thinking about though, it comes with some neat possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    Looks like a great tool, extremely useful already to guilds for loot council alone.
    Just a few suggestions I have:
    --Suggestions--
    I would suggest working a little on the sorting options, such as being able to sort through multiple things such as 'Role AND iLvl'.
    Perhaps a feature that shows recentlogs for that player/ranks from warcraftlogs or something similar to help get a grasp of how the player is performing as well. Perhaps you can also have a feature that allows you to manually enter stat weights and it will show you how itemized a persons gear is (i.e. red for 0 of their 2 prefered, yellow just their lowest of their 2 prefered stats, black for having just their main stat on it, and white for both.) This would make it invaluable to loot council's in deciding which characters need the gear the most.
    Sorting by multiple columns was on my list a long time ago but never came around. I'll put it back on there and see what I can do.
    Having data from logs is unlikely, at least in the foreseeable future. I like your idea about displaying how a character is itemized though. Can probably work that and tertiary stats into something useful. I'll have to think over exactly how it would work and appear. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    I tried pulling my guild in today, but it just spins and says it's in queue. I think maybe it's broked.
    This should not be happening, but, if you are ever "stuck" in the queue and your position is not changing just refresh the page/try again and let me know through the feedback form. Include your group number and what you were doing at the time (adding characters by name/from a guild or refreshing a group).

Quote Originally Posted by Piando View Post
    A minor suggestion: I usually check raid signs by using the audit list and compare it with our signs (it's a web calender, not ingame) to see who's missing. My problem there is that I can only sort the names alphabetical in one direction (Z -> A) and not in the 'natural' way (A -> Z).
    This is a bug, on my list of things to look into. The sorting is supposed to alternate when you click a column.

10+ Year Old Account
    A very nice page, saves me from lot of work which other way I would have to do in google spreadsheet . I can get out my big and sharp poking stick and start poking people now *evil laugh*

Deleted
    Very Nice Page!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drotain View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't loot drop as an armor type and just swap stats? I didn't think it would swap armor types. An odd realization: I have only used personal loot so far and I haven't even seen how that swapping works now.
    It does indeed drop as *armor type* and having both stats on it (str/int, agi/int). I think that they meant there is no reason to split it up in Mail Caster AND Mail Physical, as they will be using the same armor pieces anyway. Personal loot have no effect on that, the stats simply swaps as you swap spec (if applicable).

Other than that, nice site, I too can see the use for this. One bug, however: Mastery is listed twice.

This is great. Have you considered adding a feature that shows individuals raid progress like what's shown on the armoury?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Call me cynical, but....great, making it even easier for raids and guilds to just focus on "lol ur item lvl and cheeves" over all else.
    No one is going to use this for a PuG. It's quicker to just armory the individual.

This tool is pretty much exclusively designed for groups that run with the same people every week, in which case ilvl and achievements isn't really a secret or used to be exclusive.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    A very nice page, saves me from lot of work which other way I would have to do in google spreadsheet . I can get out my big and sharp poking stick and start poking people now *evil laugh*
    Quote Originally Posted by princeboa View Post
    Very Nice Page!!!!
    Glad you like it, happy to help. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    It does indeed drop as *armor type* and having both stats on it (str/int, agi/int). I think that they meant there is no reason to split it up in Mail Caster AND Mail Physical, as they will be using the same armor pieces anyway. Personal loot have no effect on that, the stats simply swaps as you swap spec (if applicable).

Other than that, nice site, I too can see the use for this. One bug, however: Mastery is listed twice.
    Works the way I thought, good good. I've added another chart for Armor types that break down cloth/leather/mail/plate and removed the duplicate mastery, I probably would have never noticed the extra one. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanneram View Post
    This is great. Have you considered adding a feature that shows individuals raid progress like what's shown on the armoury?
    Yes actually! Have been thinking about this. Nothing started beyond the concept but I like the idea. You would immediately be able to tell how much experience a raider has per boss. Can probably even be able to include kill counts, so you would know X raider has killed Kargath 8 times and Imperator only once for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Call me cynical, but....great, making it even easier for raids and guilds to just focus on "lol ur item lvl and cheeves" over all else.
    My goal has been to point out black and white issues. Missing gems/enchants are absolutely wrong for example. Everything else is just information, how it is used is up to each different raid group and their style of raiding, and what Tziva said. There are so many more pieces to consider than any single metric. Item level has traditionally just been the most general and visible by far. With how much is shown on guild audit already, and more additions later, I would hope that the site helps people see the entire picture that is a raider, rather than just boiling everyone down to a single number.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    No one is going to use this for a PuG. It's quicker to just armory the individual.

This tool is pretty much exclusively designed for groups that run with the same people every week, in which case ilvl and achievements isn't really a secret or used to be exclusive.
    That gives me an interesting idea. I've been thinking over a more unified display, rather than multiple mouseover tooltips for each different column. If I end up doing that it should be straightforward to make a "single character lookup", the goal being a quick and more informative audit of one character than the armory.

Wow, I cant believe this website is real!!!! This is so amazing that I cant even describe it. I'm an officer in a 6/7M guild and all this info is tremendously helpful for team management and decision making.

Something I think would love to see is an "upgrade" of the Support table to track important cooldowns, such as Amplify Magic, Vigilance, Tranquility, etc. Although its easy to know who on your team can cast it, its really helpful to have this information available when you are building strats before the raid starts.

There is a LOT of potential on your website. Keep it coming!

A great tool to help any guild keep track of their players. It helps if someone has group loot on and they can see whos gear is low and can assign the needy people the items etc. Basically helping to optimise their raid group.

Anyone using it as some sort of pug filter ¬_¬ are scumbags! :P

Great tool, thanks for developing and sharing it. We are a guild of very casual raiders, and this will help us improve our less theorycrafting-inclined guildies.

Also great for spotting whoever forgot to remove their Wrap of Unity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boz0 View Post
    Also great for spotting whoever forgot to remove their Wrap of Unity
    I need that more than my raiders

I once raided for 3+ weeks with this neck on before I noticed when I was updating my equipment set with an upgrade... in Tier 9.

Now I put all those things in the same "outfit" and top with that hat that turns you into a gnome pirate, so there's pretty much no way I can forget now.

TL;DR I DUM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Add an optional thing to flag people using the crappy gems?
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t