Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodasha View Post
    1) Upgrading to an Intel in this situation would not solve the situation whatsoever, you saying it would is completely wrong.
    If it isn't a GPU driver or bad GPU problem, then yes, it would.

2) The GPU issue is being experienced by more than just one person here and has nothing whatsoever to do with the CPU brand here.
    Never said it wasn't. The GPU thing is a known issue for some people. And it may be the problem! That's entirely possible (and easily testable and resolveable).

3) There may be thousands of pages but an 8350 isn't going to bottleneck a 970 card. Go read up before you bother posting about something you know nothing about.
    I may have stated that poorly. I didn't mean an 8350 is bottlenecking a 970. I meant that the 8350 is the fps bottleneck with MMO's.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I may have stated that poorly. I didn't mean an 8350 is bottlenecking a 970. I meant that the 8350 is the fps bottleneck with MMO's.
    No, in this case it was stated just right. For the game mentioned the 8350 is going to bottleneck a 970. Hell a 4690k is going to bottleneck a GTX 970 just not near as bad.

This guy is just extremely misinformed and nothing he does is going to support his argument because it's a false argument.

And this would be a first to hear anything about the GTX 970s having an issue with WoW outside of defective units, which is nothing new as we all know. AMD GPUs had some serious issues with the Omega drivers and WoW but that's all that's been going on recently. Not sure if that ever got fixed but has nothing to do with this situation.

GPU needs to be checked out to be sure it's not defective but I agree, it's likely going to come up as working just fine.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Exodasha View Post
    Could you please try to advertise for Intel even more than you're already doing? It's not a CPU bottleneck. It's their GPU or their drivers. Considering that there are 45+ pages of similar problems with the 970/980 cards with BOTH Intel and AMD on NVIDIA Forums, it's kind of hilarious that your first instinct is to dick ride them and bash AMD.
    Actually I'm relaying information that was already in the thread. I'm not advertising for intel at all, and my previous computer had an AMD CPU that ran fine, granted I wasn't running things on ultra. You can't be sure of the problem without being able to run tests etc so please don't act like you know what the problem is beforehand (which is why I relayed the information (already stated before my post)). It's kind of hilarious that you don't read the forum but assume that I'm dick riding them and bashing AMD. They came here looking for advice... it was given, and obviously disregarded.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This is just bad information.

1. Blizzards coding has nothing to do with AMDs CPUs, Intel CPUs are better period. There is a reason why the FX is so cheap. They under perform in everything not just wow.

2. Getting 60 FPS on ultra in raids on any AMD cpu is not going to happen.

To the OP, as everyone has already stated. AMD is not good for any cpu intensive game. I would take back all of the items you bought, get a Z97, i5-4690K, 8GB memory and a cheaper video card, the 970 is overkill for wow. you could go with a GTX 760, they are on sale, wait another month for the GTX 960s to come out or even go with a GTX 750Ti

The AMD 8350 performs equal to the 2011 CPUs from Intel in 4k gaming...
    And if you compare the prices, you easily see who is best at a huge resolution.
    Fractal Design R5 |MSI Z87-G45 | i5 4690k @4.6Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 | MSI 980ti G6 |
    XFX 850W | WD Black 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD x 2 | Intel 180GB SSD | Rog Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Petrix View Post
    The AMD 8350 performs equal to the 2011 CPUs from Intel in 4k gaming...
    Only in the 5% of games that have multithreaded AI or physics. The other 95% of games that can't be multithreaded like every single MMORPG (including WoW) will perform on AMD 8350 equal to 2007 CPU from Intel. On most games you just don't see or suffer from the 2007 performance because those are GPU capped.
    Last edited by fixx; 2014-12-21 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    And just so we're clear:

*Benchmarks*
    I like to use SC2 benchmarks where the i5-4670K is over 100% faster than the FX-8350. Amusingly, even the $55 G3220 is faster.