Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When will blizzard fix rain of fire ?

If you look at the numbers for aoe fights you have warriors dks and most classes at 640 level pulling 40k aoe to 45k aoe i have seen more but with the nerf to rain of fire most aoe i have seen is 23 to 24 k dps seriously they talk about looking into it but will they ever return our rain of fire maybe not like it was but at least make so that we get embers from it and up the damage from the 60% nerf to a 20 or 10 % nerf so we can keep up aoe wise.

Flame away just my two cents about this hoping that they will return it to so sort of useage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pungchow View Post
    If you look at the numbers for aoe fights you have warriors dks and most classes at 640 level pulling 40k aoe to 45k aoe i have seen more but with the nerf to rain of fire most aoe i have seen is 23 to 24 k dps seriously they talk about looking into it but will they ever return our rain of fire maybe not like it was but at least make so that we get embers from it and up the damage from the 60% nerf to a 20 or 10 % nerf so we can keep up aoe wise.

Flame away just my two cents about this hoping that they will return it to so sort of useage
    They'll change it in 6.1, they're working on something where it'll give Embers if it's on 2 or more targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    They'll change it in 6.1, they're working on something where it'll give Embers if it's on 2 or more targets.
    Which is exactly what the community has been suggesting for a very long time.
    Really, there was no need to adjust it they way they did.
    It was a known issue for a long enough period of time for them to fix it properly, they just could not be bothered.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

yeah sorry for the gripe but felt like a kick in the balls for warlocks by them just bam 60% nerf

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Really, there was no need to adjust it they way they did.
    It was a known issue for a long enough period of time for them to fix it properly, they just could not be bothered.
    I believe in one of the dev interviews they explained that such a change could not be done properly with a hotfix. Which means they will probably hold it for a small (or large) patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard players make this suggestions, not seen Devs state this is what they'll be doing. There a source?

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    I've heard players make this suggestions, not seen Devs state this is what they'll be doing. There a source?
    I think it was either the interview they did with Convert to Raid or with FinalBoss

They'll probably "fix" it by removing it in 6.1....

Quote Originally Posted by glan View Post
    I think it was either the interview they did with Convert to Raid or with FinalBoss
    I just did a quick pass over both interviews and i found it in the FinalBoss one at about 1:20:30.

Deleted
    Seems like the community is wrong then because It wouldn't help alot in arena's

And it's a silly way to fix if, since RoF was the last remnant of pvp mobility destro locks had and the only reliable way to get embers if you had a melee stuck to your face, making a silly change like giving embers only on 2 or more targets not fix the problem this dumb hotfix created (not to mention this whole design they decided for destro since the begining of WoD).

They say they are looking carefully at it. They say they may change how destro create embers. They say they may consider the target number with RoF. Ultimately there were no definites and nothing may actually happen.

6.1 is months away as far as we know.

They really screwed up this time.

Given their past record with 'troublesome' warlock spells, they will probably kill it off, make cataclysm baseline or something. Or something equally ridiculous.

They will fix it...in next expansion. It will be buffed as a leveling perk and they will state that it's "fun" and "exciting" to get more powerful as you level to X level.

#salty

Deleted
    The nerf to RoF was done due to the fact that Destro simply performed better in every single situation than Affli and Demo, and hitting one spell hard is simply easier than buffing two specs across the board.
    And while indeed, Affli and Demo actually became an alternative thanks to this nerf (and the "buffs"), the nerf by itself was executed really poorly, and making a good spec into an average one, purely to make it fit with 2 other average specs is no way to design a class.

They did express that they're not happy with how things turned out, but is it a sign of incoming buffs? Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaTommy View Post
    The nerf to RoF was done due to the fact that Destro simply performed better in every single situation than Affli and Demo, and hitting one spell hard is simply easier than buffing two specs across the board.
    And while indeed, Affli and Demo actually became an alternative thanks to this nerf (and the "buffs"), the nerf by itself was executed really poorly, and making a good spec into an average one, purely to make it fit with 2 other average specs is no way to design a class.

They did express that they're not happy with how things turned out, but is it a sign of incoming buffs? Who knows.
    What? That has nothing to do with why they nerfed it. They nerfed the spell as they didn't want it to be cast in the single target rotation (something that we have complained about for ~2 years now) and this is the way they did it. It also didn't help us that MF was actually viable for single target as Destro because of its damage. The damage nerf OR the ember nerf would have been justifiable (not great, but not absolutely aids) but doing both killed the spell.

Deleted
    I can't find the source at the moment, as i'm on mobile, but i do remember a tweet from one of the developers saying that Destro was pulling ahead of the other two, and that was one of the reasons.
    I can't say that i disagree with the fact, as Destro was plain better.

//edit: Also, i'm not defending Blizzard's decision here by any margin, quite the contrary. RoF was plainly overnerfed to the point of uselessness, and they need to fix it.