Deleted

'Finetuning' Sub:

Hey. I have just a few questions in relation to what is a fantastic guide. This is my first tier playing sub. So far my performance is okayish and I'm seeing my numbers higher than it was within Assassination which is a positive. However, I am not sure if my approach to Shadowdance is finely tuned yet:

1. Should I be spamming Ambush within my dance window by storing anticipation cps, or should i ambush to 5cp and then use an evis within the shadow dance window?
    2. How important is ensuring you don't have to refresh Rupture/Haemorrhage/Slice and Dice within Shadow dance (or indeed the FW weakness)? How much of a DPS loss is it? I find that sometimes when I'm entering SD where I may have to waste a global on SnD or a refresh of Rupture, particularly Rupture given the chances where the Dot can strike twice and reduce its duration. Is that something I should be worried about?
    3. When AoEing and FW is up at the same time - is it a dps increase to continue FoKing or to switch to BS on the FW target?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) You should store up combo points using ambush without risking losing any. The reason for this is that an eviscerate after shadow dance is just as good as an eviscerate during shadow dance, and shadow dance ambush is better than backstab.

2) It's not important. It's much more important to use shadow dance as many times as possible during a fight. Sometimes slice and dice is going to drop off when you have find weakness up. Most of the time rupture is going to drop when you have find weakness up. Don't refresh hemorrhage during find weakness unless rupture drops off (if ever).

3) There is a post dedicated to this topic http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-AoE-rotations

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    1) You should store up combo points using ambush without risking losing any. The reason for this is that an eviscerate after shadow dance is just as good as an eviscerate during shadow dance, and shadow dance ambush is better than backstab.

2) It's not important. It's much more important to use shadow dance as many times as possible during a fight. Sometimes slice and dice is going to drop off when you have find weakness up. Most of the time rupture is going to drop when you have find weakness up. Don't refresh hemorrhage during find weakness unless rupture drops off (if ever).

3) There is a post dedicated to this topic http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-AoE-rotations
    Cheers for your help. Seems I'm not far off then, just need to learn to proactively pool energy a little bit better for Shadow Dancing. Comparing my FW uptimes on Warcraftlogs they're pretty much the same, though I'm seriously gimped by two blue daggers

What are your thoughts on opening btw? From reading Noxe's guide and my own (limited) testing I clip FW to Shadow Dance ASAP, particularly during BL. However I have seen some people saying they would continue FW management even during opener. This is particularly interesting to me for fights where BL isn't used at pull.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am a firm believer of using shadow dance + shadow reflection asap. Especially with a 10sec proc trinket like I have. If you have no proc trinket and no heroism on the pull there might be a benefit to delay cooldowns, but you run the risk of having one less usage during the fight. You will also get less out of you prepot.

I know the feeling of running around with blue daggers. Got my first epic dagger (645) from a mission right now. Missions are my main source of weapons so far this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggiva View Post
    I am a firm believer of using shadow dance + shadow reflection asap. Especially with a 10sec proc trinket like I have. If you have no proc trinket and no heroism on the pull there might be a benefit to delay cooldowns, but you run the risk of having one less usage during the fight. You will also get less out of you prepot.

I know the feeling of running around with blue daggers. Got my first epic dagger (645) from a mission right now. Missions are my main source of weapons so far this expansion.
    Yeah it sucks, takes a big hit on my percentiles too which is why at first I was a bit concerned, but checking the logs my uptimes etc and amount of abilities used (relative to gear) are within the same ranges so it seems I'm doing decent considering this is my first tier of raiding with sub. Should only get better!

Only had one HC dagger drop which unfortunately went to the other rogue; kinda annoying considering his DPS is below what it should be (IMO) but c'est la vie.

Thanks for your help