Mastering blood tap as unholy

Hey

I recently switched to unholy after playing frost for a very long time, and am having some problems with the spec.

My runes keep getting desynched, so that i end up with either a single frost or blood rune on single target. I am wondering if is there a way, with the blood tap talent, to make it so that every single death rune i have can be spent on scourge strike, soul reaper or defile, and every single frost and blood rune used on festering strike without ever capping runes?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Deleted
    Wait till you have 10 blood charges, when you've spent all your runes(so every rune is on CD) click blood tap twice and one frost and one blood rune will turn into death runes. You can also use the charges when you have 1 unholy rune up. I imagine you used blood tap whenever you have 5+ charges

You are right about me using blood tap more or less as soon as i have 5 charges, yeah :-(

So this is how you play unholy for maximum dps now? Never blood tap unless you got 10 charges and an unholy rune ready, so blood tap always refreshes a frost and blood rune?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowslayerdragon View Post
    You are right about me using blood tap more or less as soon as i have 5 charges, yeah :-(

So this is how you play unholy for maximum dps now? Never blood tap unless you got 10 charges and an unholy rune ready, so blood tap always refreshes a frost and blood rune?
    You can have all runes on CD and bloodtap will never refresh an unholy to death, just frost/blood

Quote Originally Posted by Trixeh View Post
    You can have all runes on CD and bloodtap will never refresh an unholy to death, just frost/blood
    Yeah just noticed this after a little testing on a target dummy.

But apart from that, the ''secret'' to this spec that ive been trying to find is to simply always blood tap 2 runes at the same time?

Deleted
    hope that this might help

#showtooltip Death Coil
    /cast Death Coil
    /cast Blood Tap

Deleted
    Yeah just noticed this after a little testing on a target dummy.

But apart from that, the ''secret'' to this spec that ive been trying to find is to simply always blood tap 2 runes at the same time?
    Ideally, yes. Reason being is if you were to BT a frost for example into a Death and then an Unholy comes off CD you will be SSing twice and unsync a majority of the time due to the Death rune not being prioritized and the second portion of the Frost completes, however after a while you will understand the regen in your head and know if it's worth just using one and being able to use the Death before an Unholy comes off CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatioss View Post
    hope that this might help

#showtooltip Death Coil
    /cast Death Coil
    /cast Blood Tap
    You see. A macro like that will cause the same kind of desync he's trying to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixeh View Post
    Ideally, yes. Reason being is if you were to BT a frost for example into a Death and then an Unholy comes off CD you will be SSing twice and unsync a majority of the time due to the Death rune not being prioritized and the second portion of the Frost completes, however after a while you will understand the regen in your head and know if it's worth just using one and being able to use the Death before an Unholy comes off CD.
    Wont this also mess up my runes? If i have for instance 4 runes regenerating to become death runes, both unholy runes are also on cooldown and 5 blood tap charges, and use that blood tap to get a new rune which i use immediately, wont that then regenerate into a frost/blood rune while the others still become death runes, giving me odd rune pairs again?

Deleted

The majority of it is making sure you only convert frost and blood runes to death runes, and make sure you can use the 2 death runes generated before other runes regenerate. Otherwise your runes will be desync'd. If you're in a situation where you have 1 unholy rune and you just generated 2 death runes, but your other blood and frost rune is about to regen, wait for the blood and frost to regen and use festering strike, then use the unholy rune and the 2 death runes.