is the $20 Sale Still On?

Was listening to GW2 Player's News while raiding Highmaul when Cyth/Drac mentioned GW2 being on sale for twenty dollars... is this still rolling? I wouldn't play the game atm anywas but I'm probably going to need it when 14+ months of an end tier raid happens again like SoO to stave off insanity.

doesn't look like it

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stick with WoW or buy a few single player RPGs. If you think the wait time between WoW expansions is bad, try coming up on 3 years without any significant new content or expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Just stick with WoW or buy a few single player RPGs. If you think the wait time between WoW expansions is bad, try coming up on 3 years without any significant new content or expansionthe content I think they should make.
    There, fixed that for you. OP, the game goes on sale fairly regularly, keep your eye open on their newsfeed. Definitely snag it when it's 50% off, it's worth the price for what you'll be able to get out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stick with WoW or buy a few single player RPGs. If you think the wait time between WoW expansions is bad, try coming up on 3 years without any significant new content or expansion.
    Or get some salt and put it on every mmo-c post you get to make
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Deleted
    GW2 is pretty often in sales lately. Possibly it will happen again soon. Keep an eye out!

World of Warcraft's first expansion was 3 years after the initial launch and nobody complained about it. It seems to have become some sort of stigma if you haven't made an expansion within a year now.

I actually didn't like WoW as much because of the first expansion, I had to re-level and grind for gear again just to do well in pvp. That's what I like about gw2, I can stop playing for a little while and not have to worry about being drastically behind in levels and gear.

Personally I would rather wait 2 or 3 years and have a really great expansion. Also arenanet has put out way more content compared to some other mmos. Just because you don't like to do that specific content doesn't mean they haven't added significant content. Sure there is no having to level up or grind for gear, but we have had new zones, traits, world bosses, dungeons, jumping puzzles, hairstyles, faces, armor sets and feature updates. Basically almost everything you would expect from a new expansion minus the grind to get to the highest level.

I think that the game might not feel like a significant change because it isn't all released at once and we get our updates in increments.

This thread is no longer relevant and discussion is turning sour. Closing.

- Fencers