Thread: Router issues

Router issues

Dear lads & ladies,

A friend of mine is having some router issues. He's trying to enter the admin web interface, but his default gateway somehow changed from the standard 192.168.1.1 that's written on the back of the router, to 10.10.10.1.

Both ip addresses don't work. Do you have any idea how he can access his router's web interface?

The pc is directly connected to his router via UTP cable and I've already tried resetting his router. I'm not exactly an expert, so I wonder if you guys know what to do.

Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Wow, I feel your pain. Had quite some trouble with my router aswell and I'm not that good at it :P
    However, I've learned a few things. I'd suggest resetting your router, then search on the internet (if that's still accessible) what IP adress belongs to your router. Go to that IP adress, typ the default password (which also can be found on the internet) and you're good to go I think. Otherwise something broke or isn't right. Try contacting someone then.

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Wow, I feel your pain. Had quite some trouble with my router aswell and I'm not that good at it :P
    However, I've learned a few things. I'd suggest resetting your router, then search on the internet (if that's still accessible) what IP adress belongs to your router. Go to that IP adress, typ the default password (which also can be found on the internet) and you're good to go I think. Otherwise something broke or isn't right. Try contacting someone then.
    Thanks for your reply mate. As I said, I've already reset the router and the default gateway (router IP address) is 192.168.1.1 (says so on the sticker at the back). It somehow changed and I have no idea why or how.

What is he getting for addressing information in ipconfig? ip/default gateway.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    What is he getting for addressing information in ipconfig? ip/default gateway.
    I wrote that in the OP,

default gateway: 10.10.10.1

his own ip was something like 10.10.10.101

I mean the actual ones

10.10.10.1 doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a classful addressing standpoint. I mean it could, but that seems highly unlikely. One would normally expect 10.0.0.x in a Class A network unless someone has been fucking with it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I mean the actual ones

10.10.10.1 doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a classful addressing standpoint. I mean it could, but that seems highly unlikely. One would normally expect 10.0.0.x in a Class A network unless someone has been fucking with it.
    classfull addressing is not used anymore
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classl...Domain_Routing

these are all valid for private use:
    10/8 (10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255)
    172.16/12 (172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255)
    192.168/16 (192.168.0.0.-192.168.255.255)