Deleted

New to Priest. Find it hard to know when i should use PW:B any help is appreciated!

Pretty much the title

If you're new to priest, go read a guide.

When to use Barrier? I don't know, when should you use a raidwide damage reduction? Maybe...before raidwide damage goes out? Really not that hard to figure out.

It's going to vary fight to fight, and right now, I can't think of too many fights where it's really needed (I haven't healed the fights yet-my guild overflowth with healers so it hasn't been necessary). Maybe the Butcher if it feels like healing is falling behind (depending on how you stack it can cover all three groups). Maybe on bracken once a blue shroom is up to keep it up a little longer?

But basically, periods of intense damage are when you should use it, and you would want it down right before the damage goes out (an old example would be on the Sha of Pride right before Swelling Pride).

Butcher on groups with dot before they get the 3rd stack

Brackenspore on blue shroom once/if you get blue and green shroom to spawn together

Tectus on upheavals, generally the one/ones by the Motes of Tectus

Twin Ogron technically never, but practically any time your group is getting low for whatever reason, just toss it on the melee group

Ko'Ragh on Expel Fire, before the raid spreads to let it explode

Mar'Gok on 1st and 2nd intermission to pop the adds faster and together

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that since Barrier is a flat % damage reduction, you don't need to use it on the whole raid for it to still be super effective - often just using it on the melee group will help with raid healing immensely. Other than that, As Izen and the others pointed out you should be using it during periods you would use any other raid healing CD (except with barrier, you should try to use it slightly before the damage has already occurred).

Quote Originally Posted by Zyraxon View Post
    Pretty much the title
    Ask your raid leader or healing officer, whoever is in-charge of deciding when, where and what cds should be used.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    it can even be used as an alternative to pain suppression if that is on CD and your tank is getting smacked - 25% damage reduction helps.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?