PvP Progression?

I haven't PvP'd since expansion release (sparing 1 TMvSS queue as blood pve because lol), and generally stick to PvE, however I recently saw some decent gear comes from Conquest points that could be of use till I get the right raid drops, so was wondering how it works now going about PvP "Progression" Like, for PvE it's Normals, Heroics, and then Raids. Where should I start PvPing to farm the gear needed for like, random 2's (I know a good Monk I may be able to queue with), do I do Ashran or random BGs? Are there still crafted pieces I need first?

Also, I'll likely be 2H Frost DK, maybe Blood for larger BGs or Ashran?

If you are not completely clueless, you can go straight to arenas with your pve gear
    For progression: random battlegrounds > arenas. Ashran should be done for the bonus conquest, but arenas are much better for farming.

2h Frost is good in pvp at the moment, blood does pretty low damage. Dualwield frost may be useful for large bgs because of the increased aoe over 2h, but you lose the obliterates for punching those healers. Can't say much about unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are solely looking at just getting conq points for the 660pve ilvl gear then just jump into ashran and you can cap your points just doing the events and winning the battle. If you go blood even pve geared you can at least help out by tanking stuff. Ashran is not melee friendly though so be aware of that.

If you want to actually do some pvp and get geared for it quick then probably best to farm bg's. Blood spec your not completely useless you can tank the pve bosses in bg's that have them at least. 2h frost spec is pretty stronk against a lot of classes so you should do alright, though with just 650ilvl just realise people with pvp gear will steamroll you. Try doing arena with your mate or even pay for carries if you want to go down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    If you are solely looking at just getting conq points for the 660pve ilvl gear then just jump into ashran and you can cap your points just doing the events and winning the battle. If you go blood even pve geared you can at least help out by tanking stuff. Ashran is not melee friendly though so be aware of that.

If you want to actually do some pvp and get geared for it quick then probably best to farm bg's. Blood spec your not completely useless you can tank the pve bosses in bg's that have them at least. 2h frost spec is pretty stronk against a lot of classes so you should do alright, though with just 650ilvl just realise people with pvp gear will steamroll you. Try doing arena with your mate or even pay for carries if you want to go down that road.
    I wouldn't rely on ashran for capping conquest.
    Most servers have terrible queue times, I waited over 5 hours yesterday before just giving up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!