How do you deal with rage-quitters in WoW? (especially if they're family/friends)

I've noticed now since I only play WoW casually and are not apart of a structured organized raiding guild or pvp guild that playing with friends/family/strangers that I literally cannot get anything achieved in the game because without proper structure everyone just rage quits the moment something bad happens no matter how small it is.

Is this seriously what its like to play WoW without proper structured guild with the same goals in mind for EVERYONE or am I just having all bad experiences from being unlucky?

I want to actually get back into arena and im trying to teach my friends but they all instantly rage quit the moment we face a double melee + healer comp in 3s and for some reason im finding it extremely hard to find partners through the game as my play times aren't as anywhere as they use to be so its hard to be online at the same time as other randoms and its really hard to actually get anything done when your not playing with the same people over and over.

I haven't been able to get a pugged flex(normal) raid done yet either because the moment a boss isn't instantly 1 shot half the raid leaves.

My experience playing casually in WoW thus far is not a good one. This is more stressful + less rewarding then it is actually being in a structured guild. I'll go as far as to say playing this game casually feels pointless...like you're spinning your wheels going nowhere because the only people you can play with (other casuals) just don't care enough to put any effort into actually achieving anything in the game.

Now I feel like I either have to quit all-together or actually make the effort to find a proper structured guild I can find good players who share the same goals to play with.

In my experience this isn't a terribly unusual experience. Unless you're in a group with shared goals, there's reduced incentive for those whose goals are not being worked towards. Friends and family groups can work well, but it requires those friends and family to share goals.

My advice would be to look for a guild that is working towards the goals that you are. This will create less pressure for you in both WoW and RL.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks you can't get time (or a good set of raiders apparently) to knock out some raids.
    Try using the external group finder (cannot for the life of me remember the site's name) and set up a raid there. Generally people who schedule raids are willing to stick it out through wipes.

I tell them if they leave, Im taking them off my will.

Deleted
    Find some like minded friends who like to measure there epeen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly though, it's a rather bad time to try and get into 3s right now with all the imbalances and more specifically the sheer amount of cleaves out there. To play a cleave is much easier than melee + caster + healer, but to face a cleave is much more difficult and honestly extremely frustrating because of what I just said, so you can't really blame people ragequitting because of that.

Then there's what other people mentioned. Some people have different goals or just want to have some casual fun, so by facing annoying things which ruins their fun, they get annoyed and don't want to play.

I'd say it's rather difficult to deal with people are demotivated in general. It's not really something you can deal with more so something the person has to fix on their part.

I'm a ragequitter myself. I get frustrated when losing to comps where I literally have no idea what to improve on. I lose hope and motivation because of that. So maybe I just kinda lied telling you there's nothing you can do when you can; try helping your friends/family and analyse what they/you did wrong. Give them hope to continue playing and try out different stuff. It's difficult in some situations indeed, but if you're all motivated and analyzing mistakes then it becomes a much more enjoyable experience for all of you.

Deleted
    Find a casual guild to raid with? My guild only raids Wednesdays and Sundays, 20:00-23:00, everyone in the guild is 18+, most around 30-40, they have jobs, kids, wife's/husbands, yet they still manage to take the time 6 hours a week to sit down and raid with their fellow friends. Not sure what stops you from doing the same?