Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabblexthree View Post
    That sounds awful. Also, you're trying to "fix" something that isn't a problem. People just can't understand that a class with only one role doesn't mean that they should do more damage. A dps is a dps, whether they can also spec as a healer or tank or not.
    you conviniently forgot to mention that classes that can perform more than one role come with a lot of benefits: faster queues, more versatility for the raid and more dmg hah!
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-12-14 at 08:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue - smart, up till tank spec. No just no.
    Hunter - pretty much the same, good up till possible tanking spec.
    Mage and Warlock wearing different armor for one whole spec is just plain silly.

Honestly either blizz needs to add new buffs that only these pure dps classes can provide that's useful. Or give them a straight out dps boost, so they're all in the top half of the dps charts (when played by good players)
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisys View Post
    I hate these people that say pures shouldnt do more damage then hybrids, but we shouldnt get the option for other roles either. What you're saying is, hybrids should do exactly as much damage as you, but if we get bored of dps we should be able to respec and tank or heal, while you have to reroll completely. Play in traffic please.
    Because "hybrids should do exactly as much damage as you, but if we get bored of dps we should be able to respec and tank or heal" is pure fantasy that is only held by people who don't play hybrids. I cannot just switch to being a healer. My raid doesn't need another healer. If I switch to healing I lose my raid slot and somebody else who is DPS specced gets it. There is also no assurance that I will be able to get into another raid without the right gear and experience. I cannot simply jump ship like that.

The only real advantage a DPS specced hybrid has is that they can do heroics as tanks or healers to cut down on their queue times, but doing that also cuts down on the queue times for DPS specs because it 1) puts more tanks and healers in the queue and 2) reduces the number of DPS in the queue.

Implement the idiotic "pures should do more damage" ideas that many pure players push and what you'll get isn't more healers and tanks, its less. You'll force hybrid DPSers to switch to pures, reducing the number of healers and tanks available.

Another way to put it, if I do less damage than a Mage, why take my Shaman? The Mage brings superior raid utility to the Shaman and does more damage. The Mage even brings more raid healing than the DPS Shaman does. The last time I was asked to switch between Elemental and Resto in a raid was when Naxx in WotLK was current content.

None of these ideas are good. If pure dps classes are lacking that badly in population (they aren't) then Blizzard can look at the why.. and I'm sure its not because they are pures.

FYI I think Hunter and Paladin are the most played classes.. even though ... you know.. one if a pure.

The thing is I play a mage to play a mage, not to tank or heal, but to sit back and blast away with a fireball, arcane blast or frostbolt. I play a hunter to play a hunter, not to tank/heal but to fire a gun/bow with a pet and destroy stuff. Same goes for every other "pure" dps class. This game used to have a lot of variety. Now everybody wants every class to do the same thing and the same amount of damage. If a ret pally out dps's me, good for him. I brought range attacks, intel buff, free food, CC's, silences, spellsteal and timewarp. What he out dps'd me by a 1k or two, brought 1-2 stuns, a interrupt and either mastery or stats, but he had to be in close so every short range aoe/cleave the adds or boss did hit him as well making more work for the healer. Every class should be different and bring something to the table, otherwise why have different classes at all. Lets just make everyone druids or some crap.

Rogue: Make assassination a ranged dps spec, using a ranged weapon. Also gives hunters competition for weps, which they don't currently have. Make sub a pure magic damage spec, and keep combat as it is. Buff our damage in all aspects to bring us up to par with ww monks. Give us a 4th spec that allows us to tank.

Hunters: Make marksman a nonpet, ranger style. Make survival a pure magic damage spec. Make beastmaster a physical damage, melee dps spec. Add a 4th spec for hunter tanks. Could be cool if you parked your toon in the back of the room and controlled your pet to tank.

Mage: Make fire a plate wearing, melee dps spec like a battle mage. Keep frost a pure caster. Make arcane a healer. Add a 4th spec to tank.

Warlock: Make demo a leather wearing melee dps, aka a demon hunter. Don't know what to do with dest/afflic, but add a 4th spec to tank or heal.

Look, blizzard is done with the hybrid tax. As pures, we no longer are going to do more damage, so the only logical option is to make the 4 pures hybrids as well. Give us the option to perform other roles, give us the option to que tank or healer to avoid the long ass dps ques. Also tune our dps specs so we can excel in all situations. Theres no reason that ww monks, dks, ferals, boomkins, etc should rip us on single target, rip us on cleave, rip us on aoe in one spec, while we have to switch specs just to be viable in one situation. Other solutions for rogues, as its the class I play: Make blade flurry baseline, not combat exclusive. Buff our single target, and bring blade flurry cleave up to ww monk level.
    They have only just stopped competition for ranged weapons. Hunters used to compete with warriors and rogues for ranged weapons. I lost count of how many times I lost a weapon upgrade to a rogue or hunter who would use it to pull once an encounter while I needed it all the time. Left me with residual feelings of how fun it is to MD on a rogue, the most likely culprit.

No offense these ideas suck. Combat needs to become a rogue tank spec (which is the only spec that needs changed). As for Hunter, Warlock, and Mage they just need new fourth specs to eliminate hybrids. Mage needs a blood or Chrono-mage healer. Warlock gets a tank spec based off Glyph of Demon Hunting. Hunters need a Melee Tank similar to the original Beastmaster from Warcraft III.

Hunters and Mages are fine and bring plenty of raid utility.

Rogues have insane raid self survivability and can almost be off tanks themselves. Just need a boost in dps.

Warlocks are in a not good place right now. Dps and raid utility are really lacking. Maybe this is compensation for what they were at the end of MoP. For as much as they've changed they still have some very outdated mechanics like Life Tap.

My solution is.... Balance the specs better. Obviously rogues and locks need a buff so buff them. Or if we are where blizz wants us then nerf the other classes.

I look at the 665 sims and the top dps classes are all around 30k dps. So theres a number to shoot for. Get all the dps specs at around 30k dps.

I look at heroic butcher which is a patchwork style fight and the dps seems to line up with the sims. Top around 30k... The top rogue is doing 27k and the top lock does 28k. But you have to go down like 5 pages to find them. They just need to get things in line.

Most of the classes have at least one dps spec at or around 30k.
    Last edited by ugotganked; 2014-12-14 at 10:32 AM.

Couple other gameplay in general ideas. What about a large, escalating talent tree. To where you can significantly increase your damage the higher you go up the tree, but the higher you go, the more difficult the rotation becomes and more unforgiving. You would run as high up as you could manage to play on a fight like butcher, but on more hectic fights, tone it down and go with a more forgiving option. This would also allow skilled players to shine. Another idea would be true combos. Make every ability for every class instant cast, and if you successfully pull off different combos it massively buffs your damage. So for a rogue, you pull off x 5 move combo properly, your next eviscerate hits for a half mil damage or something like that. You could also make it punish bad play, something like if you screw up a combo, you get spell locked for 5 secs. Just some ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Another feature that would be cool, an in game combat log system. Design it so it integrates into the guild panel, and make it function like world of logs. So if you wanted to check info on the fly, open the tab in game and check.

Another idea would be true combos. Make every ability for every class instant cast, and if you successfully pull off different combos it massively buffs your damage. So for a rogue, you pull off x 5 move combo properly, your next eviscerate hits for a half mil damage or something like that. You could also make it punish bad play, something like if you screw up a combo, you get spell locked for 5 secs. Just some ideas.
    Maybe it already works like this and we just haven't adapted yet.

Deleted
    good ideas but I would be satisfied with a 5-10 % dps boost to locks and rogues atm.
    And hybrids, stop complaining. You have much more utility than pures, this is not debateable. You got heals, spots, lay on hands and stuff. We... mh, we got tricks of the trade and combo points, huzzah!

Deleted
    Look, blizzard is done with the hybrid tax. As pures, we no longer are going to do more damage, so the only logical option is to make the 4 pures hybrids as well. Give us the option to perform other roles, give us the option to que tank or healer to avoid the long ass dps ques.
    Dude, seems you missed Rift.

Rogue just needs (maybe) a small buff and better talents. I don't want some ranged or tank spec.

Considering about half the playerbase plays Mage/Hunter I doubt anything will ever happen to existing specs unless every class gets an overhaul. You can't just alienate X% of your players because some ADD-riddled kids can't sit 20minutes in the queue and cry on the forums.

Reroll if you want short queues. Even better, get a guild that actually does stuff together. I've personally never seen a queue this expansion since my first few dungeons waiting for more people to hit 100.

Also the only change that you mentioned that would make sense even, is MM without a pet. Which we already have with Lone Wolf now. Assasination as ranged? It's the poison spec, if anything make THAT the "magic only" spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Deleted
    Rogue: Make assassination a ranged dps spec, using a ranged weapon. Also gives hunters competition for weps, which they don't currently have. Make sub a pure magic damage spec, and keep combat as it is. Buff our damage in all aspects to bring us up to par with ww monks. Give us a 4th spec that allows us to tank.

Hunters: Make marksman a nonpet, ranger style. Make survival a pure magic damage spec. Make beastmaster a physical damage, melee dps spec. Add a 4th spec for hunter tanks. Could be cool if you parked your toon in the back of the room and controlled your pet to tank.

Mage: Make fire a plate wearing, melee dps spec like a battle mage. Keep frost a pure caster. Make arcane a healer. Add a 4th spec to tank.

Warlock: Make demo a leather wearing melee dps, aka a demon hunter. Don't know what to do with dest/afflic, but add a 4th spec to tank or heal.

Look, blizzard is done with the hybrid tax. As pures, we no longer are going to do more damage, so the only logical option is to make the 4 pures hybrids as well. Give us the option to perform other roles, give us the option to que tank or healer to avoid the long ass dps ques. Also tune our dps specs so we can excel in all situations. Theres no reason that ww monks, dks, ferals, boomkins, etc should rip us on single target, rip us on cleave, rip us on aoe in one spec, while we have to switch specs just to be viable in one situation. Other solutions for rogues, as its the class I play: Make blade flurry baseline, not combat exclusive. Buff our single target, and bring blade flurry cleave up to ww monk level.
    Make pure dps specs be able to perform equally.

My solution was much less faffy than yours

This is just gonna turn into the pure versus dps thread...
    ...And no, hunters are ranged and I don't object to them being a mite stealth, myself. With Lone wolf, they are the single, ranged assassin.

Now, if you want to give rogues a lone wolf style talent--that makes our powers ranged, say--I could see that. Of course, we'd never, ever go melee again because melee seems to always suck at this game.

I have tanked and healed and am tired of it.. I decided to play a pure dps class so one could ever ask me to tank or heal and I would be like ok I'll fill until we find a tank or heal for raid then go back to dps.. Then I end up tanking or healing the whole xpac... Don't ruin that for me.

Yes, thats exactly what it means. If 4 classes can only do one role, while all the others can do multiple roles, and not at least do more damage, that makes the other classes better, and its not debatable.
    The problem isn't that those 4 classes can only do one role...they have all existed for 10 years like this, you knew when you made that character that they could only dps and would only dps. The problem also isn't that they should do more dps, if it were made so they did more dps than hybrids then 4 classes would end up comprising a vast majority of raid spots for normal, heroic, and mythic. The problem is utility to the raid, which is only applicable to rogues and to a degree mages.

Locks bring stones, brez and situationally gateway.

Hunters can bring any raid buff there is.

Mages have heroism, probably deserve a little more but heroism is a big deal and only shared between shaman and a hunter pet

Rogues are screwed over, they bring nothing and are currently outside the top 20 dps specs with all 3 specs. Notice the one class Paragon doesn't have for their world first kill? They have hunter, mage, and lock, but no rogues. I fully agree that rogues need to be fixed. Dps needs to be brought on par with other classes, it's just abysmal right now. Something unique needs to be given to them with regards to utility, their raid buff is too widely shared among other classes.

The pure vs hybrid thing is just a ridiculous argument, blizz will never make it so pure dps classes do noticeably more dps than hybrids. They should balance the classes out again so that rogues can actually do damage though, because right now they are worthless.

I like the troll and overall message, OP, well-written. I smiled a bit at the hunter weapon and plate wearing mages bit.

Guys, we are not getting fixed because we have stuns, gg.