Smile Mage min/max DPS Questions

1. On raid boss fights, for maximum dps, should i always line up icy veins, frozen orb, crystal and perhaps nova's? (8 potential Ice nova's and frozen orb hitting twice basically)

-or-

Is it better to simply use each ability on cooldown?

2. If not the above, what abilities, if any should i line up with one another, ex: Frozen orb and crystal. (Is it better to wait the 30 secs and get a much higher damage output on the crystal?)

3. Is it really best to pop EVERYTHING pre-boss pull or is it slightly better to spread some dps abilities out a little?

4a. What is generally the best way to open/spend dps abilities/cd's on a raid boss as a mage?

(Macro that i currently use)
    /cast Mirror Image
    /cast Draenic Intellect Potion
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Ragewing's Firefang
    /castsequence Frozen Orb, Prismatic Crystal
    /target Prismatic Crystal

4b. Any suggestions/optimizations/improvements on the macro / opener?

5. The above macro is executed pre-pull ofc, and ideally i will have frozen orb hitting the boss right after the tank contacts/pulls. Though realistically the pull usually occurs right before frozen orb is cast. This means that when you are standing a fair distance from the boss seconds pass by while the frozen orb travels and then you put down the crystal losing seconds of dps in time on target and a gcd. This is obviously a loss but how big of a deal/loss is it actually?

6. As a mage, when is generally the best time to use a second draenic intellect pot, excluding any damage bonus mechanics from bosses.

(Use with frozen orb / prismatic crystal? You can only use one a boss not counting pre-pull so perhaps even line it up with icy veins, prismatic crystal, frozen orb to get the absolute most out of that 1000 int??)

--Thank you for any helpful stats/advice/suggestions etc

--642 ilvl frost mage who is unhappy with sustained 18-20k single target dps passed the initial 50-70k dps burst opener on mobile fights

Generally accepted holding your orb for crystals is worth it. Beyond that use CDs on CD. You should likely be using your second potion with your round of CDs three minutes into the fight (as you should have a round of IV/PC/Orb come up at this time) unless the fight mechanics dictate that you can not or should not for some reason.

You don't really need the /target in your macro btw (not that I would use a cast sequence any ways but power to you) as PC auto-targets when it comes out.