Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Problem with SweetFX after installing Mumble.

So I've been using SweetFX for WoW for a little while and it was working great.

For some reason, after installing Mumble today since forgetting to reinstall it after reinstalling Windows, my fps tanked immediately after. Everytime I boot up WoW with SweetFX injected I get 6 fps or less even at the log in menu.

Any ideas as to what Mumble could have done to cause it so that I could possibly fix it? Having mumble closed didn't fix it so it's gotta be something related to both that it changed.

I'm up for any suggestions. I kind of liked SweetFX.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you please post your SweetFX_settings.txt file?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Could you please post your SweetFX_settings.txt file?
    I already removed everything and reinstalled WoW for the sake of fixing my issue so I don't currently have that. Here's the preset I was using at the time though:
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/2648/

No additional adjustments. Whatever it was, it was working before Mumble perfectly. Nothing changed except for Mumble. I even tried disabling Mumble's overlay.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I already removed everything and reinstalled WoW for the sake of fixing my issue so I don't currently have that. Here's the preset I was using at the time though:
    http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/2648/

No additional adjustments. Whatever it was, it was working before Mumble perfectly. Nothing changed except for Mumble. I even tried disabling Mumble's overlay.
    OK, I don't know what might be causing this, but Google search found quite a few posts of other people claiming Mumble is incompatible with SweetFX:
    https://www.google.com/#q=sweetfx+mumble
    It seems there is some kind of conflict, although I am totally clueless as to why.

OK, I don't know what might be causing this, but Google search found quite a few posts of other people claiming Mumble is incompatible with SweetFX:
    https://www.google.com/#q=sweetfx+mumble
    It seems there is some kind of conflict, although I am totally clueless as to why.
    It's the overlay most likely causing the issue, make sure you disable it in Mumble's settings.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    It's the overlay most likely causing the issue, make sure you disable it in Mumble's settings.
    I did originally, as mentioned in my last comment. Still didn't help. I guess I'm stuck living without a more beautiful WoW >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    I did originally, as mentioned in my last comment. Still didn't help. I guess I'm stuck living without a more beautiful WoW >.>
    You might try FXAA Injector as well. It has similar functionality to SweetFX, although I cannot guarantee that it is going to work with Mumble either - but wouldn't harm to try.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You might try FXAA Injector as well. It has similar functionality to SweetFX, although I cannot guarantee that it is going to work with Mumble either - but wouldn't harm to try.
    I'll check it out. Thanks.