Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    it's sort of like the olympic basketball tournament before the nba stars started participating. yeah the winners won the gold but you know they're not the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosytoast View Post
    Compared to guilds of old, yes they are.

http://www.wowprogress.com/rating.tier10_25

They're on page 3 if you were looking for them.

Look at the guilds from that list that have quit, the 'top' ones today defaulted up there. Paragon proved this even with a new roster.
    That's like linking the English football league table from 1996 and explain how Chelsea is a mediocre team.

Things change, you know. Some teams bets better, some teams gets worse.

Look at the guilds from that list that have quit, the 'top' ones today defaulted up there. Paragon proved this even with a new roster.
    Explain to me why I should care what guilds were doing five years ago again?

10+ Year Old Account
    did a world first ever mean anything?

15+ Year Old Account

I would be surprised if even 25% of those players hardcore progress raiding back then are still doing it now. The only thing that stayed the same are some guildnames.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Look at the stickied thread with 140+ pages of nerds crying about the BMAH deciding the race and that should answer your question.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2014-12-15 at 04:43 PM.

Every achievement only has the meaning that people associate with it. You could tell one person you were on the moon and they could well call that a waste of time and ask how that helps feed starving people. To a lot of us it does mean something, its interesting to watch the best of the best battle it out for the quickest clear. Apparent by the 142 page thread on the subject.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnatick View Post
    Method was fighting a dead mans race in MoP hence they got almost everything world first (US don't count for shit, it's mostly always been a euro race). I can bet the entire Universe if Paragon was 25 man in MoP they would have dominated and that is not fanboism talking.
    I don't think I'll ever understand why it's seemingly important for people that their region "wins" at video games. Whether it's something super casual like Hearthstone or something more serious like Street Fighter / StarCraft or it's something amazingly boring and very niche like WoW. It's still ... a video game.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    It is though.
    No it's not. He's right, they literally just proved they are still the best...so how would they have done with their original roster if they hadn't downsized to 10 man? They would have won.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    all method can do is compete with mediocre guilds on blizzcon. of couse showmens cant compete with sportsmens. and even after blizzcon they hide their logs so paragon cant steal their strats.
    Are you kidding me lfr hero?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Look at the stickied thread with 140+ pages of nerds crying about the BMAH deciding the race and that should answer your question.
    You used nerd as a derogatory term and then show off your 20k achievement points.

Weird

Never understood why people bring up the whole EU vs US thing. That's a whole block of nations combined versus a single country (and Canada, can't forget you guys <3). It doesn't matter what region they play in, if they got it first, they got it first. (I would also include Asia among these regions, but they play a different game, and that's a matter for another discussion altogether).

OT: Due to burnout and very high turnover, the number of available players with the caliber needed to accomplish World Firsts will always fluctuate. Some guilds only managed to recruit better/more skilled players than others. We can't discredit a guild for having little or no competition, that's the nature of the beast, it's not like Method or any other guild goes out of their way to ruin the rosters of other guilds to such a degree that it worsens their ability to compete.

10+ Year Old Account
    World first is world first. They chose not to compete in 25M.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    The first raid is never the real race as gear is uneven. The next raid where everyone has full mythic will be the real race.
    They all had the same gear.

Deleted
    Nope, but it's fun to watch the fanboys fight and make far fetched excuses for losing / winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think that the MoP WF's mean any less. Method has shown how good they are, and continue to be. Yes, Paragon won this race, but Method led most of the way and absolutely had a chance of being the first to 7/7. That they "only" finished 2nd doesn't take away from their accomplishment, and it doesn't mean that Paragon is the absolute best guild forever and will finish first every tier from now until they decide to stop playing. I look forward to seeing them go at it again soon in BrF.

Quote Originally Posted by KenNorth View Post
    That's like linking the English football league table from 1996 and explain how Chelsea is a mediocre team.

Things change, you know. Some teams bets better, some teams gets worse.
    I was going to respond to that other post, but you summed it up nicely. Just because you weren't a top guild years ago doesn't take away from your skill or accomplishments lately.

They meant the same to me then as they do now.

Deleted
    World first normally means or leads to partnerships and $$

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    World first normally means or leads to partnerships and $$
    Eh it's pretty much the least lucrative gaming sponsorship arrangement possible though. Raid team members get free hardware for a game that can't even make full use of it. Woo.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    The first raid is never the real race as gear is uneven. The next raid where everyone has full mythic will be the real race.
    Amongst the elite the gear really isn't all that uneven as you may think. Without even looking I'd be willing to bet the top 10 guilds all ran multiple heroic lockouts feeding gear to a select 20-25 members. You don't get to 668ilvl raid wide with 1 lockout of 670 gear.