Deleted

Exclamation PC freeze, Teamspeak still works. Help!

Hi,

my friend is suffering a strange issue while playing WoW. I can often help out with computer problems but with this I have no clue.

The problem is, sometimes (once in about 1-3 days while playing several hours a day) the computer freezes while playing WoW, never when only surfing the internet or listening to winamp. No other games are played with the computer, at least currently, although this didn't happen before WoW when playing Sims 4 (about a month ago).
    Strange thing is, it is not a complete freeze. While the screen gets stuck and the music and sound stop playing (Winamp, too), Teamspeak keeps an active connection and my friend can listen and be listened to, at least for a a few minutes. Then the connection times out. Ctrl+Alt+Del or Alt+Tab do nothing and we have to do a hard reset. We also tried waiting for maybe 3-5 minutes to see if the computer would unfreeze but it didn't.
    My friend says this seems to happen especially when there are many graphics/effects to display like in instances but it also happened in the world (although it was right after landing at a flight point, I believe).

What might be the problem and how can I fix it? If additional info is needed, I am more than willing to provide it. Thanks in advance for any help.

This type of crashes dont have "one fix".

Its usually driver related thats not such a heavy error for the PC to BSOD, so it freezes on one aspect while it keeps working.

I would start with:

1)Check temperatures on the GPU , generally temperatures, download CPUID HW Monitor to check everything.

2)Download DDU (Guru3d,search for it) run it , it will tell you safe mode, go safe mode, and cleant he drivers completely , tick the "Do not Install default window drivers when it restarts" at the bottom right corner too.

When everything is clean, download new drivers to whatever card he has.

Thats to cover the GPU part from what you mentioned.

After that.

Download HD Sentinel trial version and check the health of the HDD.

Run a memtest for the memory

And at the end Format.

Although since you already mentioned the heavy graphic, everything leads to GPU, but you never know with this random lock up cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This type of crashes dont have "one fix".
    Thank you although that is what I feared. I'll try your suggestions and hope for the best.

temperature issues....blow the rig out. unistall re-install the graphics card physically. same with memory modules and cables.

nice...didn't knoe harddisk sentinel had a trial....i have the licensed copy... you can also use crystaldiskinfo but hd sent. has a disk self test thats nice.

check disk space...some fill it up and don't know it.

Ccleaner
    auslogics for defragging.
    revounistaller for programs and malware manually cleaning.

try more then one driver...