Deleted

How does gear funneling work exactly?

I dont really understand how people can run multiple raids per week for gear because there is loot lock.

Basically you make a certain amount of groups, let's say 4. In each group, you put 4-5 mains and 15-20 alts. Then you run the instance 4 times and all loot that drops goes to main characters. This means that 5 characters gets the drops that are usually shared between 25.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Top guilds have 3-4 alts per player, you make the raid(30 man) so that: 5 Mains of different armor/class/spec + 25 Alts/Socials/Friends

Then they repeat this 3-5 times depending on how many they can do. All the loot that drops during those raids is given to the 5 Mains in each group.

Deleted
    okey let's say 20 people raid. you only 1 main char and 1 alt.
    since raids only lock you to loot you can take the kills again and again. so 4 groups of 5
    g1, g2, g3 and g4 and g2-g4 has a1,a2 and a3

group looks like this g1,a1,a2,a3 then g1,g2,a2,a3 again g1,g2,g3,a3 and finally g1,g2,g3,g4. now all the g's hav gear. and the kill's went faster and faster

but that's only on nm and HC. Mith is the old story of people with 3-4 alts thou nearly the same story again.
    Last edited by mmocc1a1fece26; 2014-12-14 at 02:10 PM.

It's not complicated.

Each player has alts, the 'mains' that are in each raid are given all of the loot, rather than splitting it evenly. Then repeat, until every player's 'mains' have been through the raid. the more groups (and alts) the higher the relative amount of loot that fell for the main group