Thread: Healing Comp

Healing Comp

My guild is looking to move into Mythic, we have 20 players and more than enough healers but the current thought is that we suffer from lack of a holy pally. Our healing comp is very AOE heavy: resto shaman, mistweaver, 2 resto druids, disc priest and a holy/disc priest. Obviously, we do not want another healer. I play the holy/disc and have played all other healing classes aside from MW. I am currently leveling my holy pally, and thought to possibly reroll to strengthen our tank healing.

I have raided for years as other healing classes/specs with no holy pally, cross/tank healing successfully with other classes and playing other classes but am wondering if the presence of a holy pally is a boon to healing comp currently? I sort of assumed a 'yes', as the H Pally has always been strong, but the sticky in the class forums suggests otherwise.

I get high numbers as either Disc or Holy, but both feel a bit redundant - I cannot imagine HPallys not being a benefit to a mythic comp, they have always (ALWAYS) been such a strong healing class.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience raid healing as hpally or with/without one through current content?

Deleted
    haven't priest single target healing been buffed this expension wich makes them very compatible? also shaman single target aint bad with mastery the best ??..

Paladins are probably the best tank healers at the moment, but they're hardly mandatory. As the above poster mentioned, Priests can make pretty good single targets, and so can shamans. A combination of the two should be perfectly fine. From your comp, I would probably take the shaman, at least one resto druid, the disc priest, and either the holy priest or mistweaver.

From what you mentioned I do not think you need a paladin as for discs do well on tank healing as do shamans (but they are not very mana efficent with it). For mythic I strongly suggest to not use the shaman on Kargath. He will do nothing and feel useless and to be honest 4 heals are more than enough for kargath. I would run with 2 druids and 2 discs for kargath and add a shaman or MW for butcher.