7+ Year Old Account

Mats Gathering and or farming issue

I don't know if you noticed but it sure seems like the maount in a node/skin/herb seems to have been low.. I dug a rich blackrock one and only 2 ore was in it shouldnt the numbers be a little higher?

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    I don't know if you noticed but it sure seems like the maount in a node/skin/herb seems to have been low.. I dug a rich blackrock one and only 2 ore was in it shouldnt the numbers be a little higher?
    the yield from nodes is throttled by your gathering skill. i.e. not at a certain level of gathering skill you won't get the "appropriate" amount of yield from nodes.

New philosophy of professions in WoD. And to add to earlier post - low yield from nodes is intended (especially true with Garrison's mine) after initial massive QQ from players. For the first week or so Garrison mine was giving literally tonnes of ore. While almost nothing to craft, heavy daily limiting you HAD to do if you wanted to craft anything made people a bit furious. Too much materials, nothing to spend it on. So Blizzard nerfed the amount of ore gathered from nodes. That helped a bit with ore AH prices as it wasn't so much of a supply. But still nothing to craft issue remained. So Blizzard "fixed" things one more time - they altered crafting recipes, removing daily material requirement and placing regular ore requirement.

So in the end - thanks to frustrated QQers - we ended with RISE of ore (and herbs) requirement on top of LOWERED yield from nodes.

Two weeks ago I was swimming in ore and had nothing to do with it. After two "fixes" and a week of time I have burned all my Blackrock on JC dailies and workorders. One lvl 3 mine + another 2 lvl 2 mines are struggling to meet my blackrock daily ore demand. True Iron I'm still several stacks tho...

WTB True Iron --> Blackrock conversion, even with 2:1 ratio.